Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Keystone Colorado REVIEW- MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Anyone stay at this HP before? Any good? Easy for elite to get late check-out ?
This seems to be the best lodging option in the Keystones area. Any thoughts compare to other nearby options?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I stayed there last March with my son. Great location overall. Can easily walk to Keystone lifts. Breakfast was a zoo. Very busy, A couple of restaurants within walking distance. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Parking is super-tight. And forget about trying to get into one of the hot tubs after 4:00PM. I used my category 1-4 certificate here. If you want location - this is the place.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:37 pm

I stayed in July. Decent breakfast, clean room, friendly staff. Great river/mountain views from backside rooms. Late checkout was granted easily. Lifts would be a longer walk than I prefer with skis. Beware of the resort fee, however note that it includes free night skiing or free evening golf (season dependent) on the day of arrival.

Haven't stayed elsewhere at Keystone -- my impression was there were more condos than hotels.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: HYATT Globalist Alaska 100k
I was looking to book this one. I am little shocked to see this one is cat 4 and charges resort fees (and it is a Hyatt Place. GH Denver is cat3).
Sorry for being ignorant but what is so great about this location or hotel?
I will be there in June.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
I was looking to book this one. I am little shocked to see this one is cat 4 and charges resort fees (and it is a Hyatt Place. GH Denver is cat3).
Sorry for being ignorant but what is so great about this location or hotel?
I will be there in June.
It's a two hundred yards from the lifts at Keystone. The hotel is nothing special. It is just convenient for those skiing. No pool, just three small hot tubs all located in different places. Parking is really tight. Staff is friendly and nice.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I assume for Globs there is no resort or parking fees on award stays, correct? Any issues with 4pm check out?

My only complaint thus far (haven't stayed) is that regular 15K pt nights are very difficult to book from Dec 1 - April 30 (prime ski season). And it's even harder to find availability for promo nights.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:11 am

Is kids ski free offered regardless of booking channel, or do I need to book via keystoneresorts?

Edit: I called the property and was informed kids ski free is offered regardless of booking channel, as long as one books a minimum of 2 nights. Kids must be 12 years or younger. Award stays are also eligible.

Last edited by whistler814; Aug 28, 2019 at 9:07 am Reason: Added response from hotel
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:35 am

I stayed here at the end of March last year. Didn't have a problem booking a month out and still had a great time on the slopes. It was still pretty busy this time of year, especially at breakfast, but it was quiet at night. The hot tubs were never packed either, but there were usually a couple people in them. I think this is one best ski resorts you can redeem points at, especially for the price!
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:58 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Any recent experiences here? Heading there for Pres Day Weekend and I’m sure it will be super crowded. Mainly going to burn a cat 4 cert and see the snow. Have a 6 and 3 year old and not planning on skiing. Looking for food recommendations or sledding location tips...
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by dionnec123
I stayed there last March with my son. Great location overall. Can easily walk to Keystone lifts. Breakfast was a zoo. Very busy, A couple of restaurants within walking distance. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly. Parking is super-tight.
-- If you book via Hyatt app / hyatt.com, can you still get free lift tickets for kids?

-- Lifts are 1/3 mile away, right? That's an easy distance to walk in shoes, but kind of far in ski boots no? (esp w/ kids in tow) If you put skis & boots on the wagon and walk over in shoes, are there lockers slopeside where you can store shoes?

-- Even though you say the breakfast is a zoo, can you still usually get a table for 4? We'd probably go around 7am.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by evergrn
-- If you book via Hyatt app / hyatt.com, can you still get free lift tickets for kids?

-- Lifts are 1/3 mile away, right? That's an easy distance to walk in shoes, but kind of far in ski boots no? (esp w/ kids in tow) If you put skis & boots on the wagon and walk over in shoes, are there lockers slopeside where you can store shoes?

-- Even though you say the breakfast is a zoo, can you still usually get a table for 4? We'd probably go around 7am.
I was there a few weeks ago... I didn't see anything about free lift tickets for kids, but that would be some deal cut with Vail (as kids under 4 already ski for free).

The Mountain House Lodge is at the base of the lifts you walk to, so plenty of space to store stuff. I personally didn't have a problem with walking in ski boots... but throw a few kids in the mix, and storing gear in a locker makes sense.

Breakfast for 4 at 7am might be possible... it's beat the crowds who'll eat right before heading to the slopes at 830am, but then again... any east coasters still on EST will already be up and hungry. If you're ok just being close to each other, there's usually space around the breakfast bar (but who knows about 4 seats together).
evergrn likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:49 am

Yes, you will get free lift tickets for kids regardless of booking channel, and on paid and award stays. At check in the front desk will give you a voucher that you take over to the lift ticket office. (And you can redeem the lift ticket without the child present with you). There's also free night skiing for kids and adults for the night that you check in. Along with the kids ski free voucher, you'll get free ice skating and a discount on skate rentals. So if you have your own skates, it'd be worth considering bringing them.

I agree it's a little far for kids to go in boots - and keep in mind the high altitude (9000ft) can make the trek a lot harder. There are indeed lockers in the Mountain House lodge for storage. There is also a free family parking area which is not far from Mountain House (Lot E, near Ski Patrol) so you can avoid the long walk and just leave stuff in the car.

Table for 4 at 7am shouldn't be a problem. There wasn't much variety over the 4 days I went over Thanksgiving but it wasn't too bad overall.
evergrn likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by whistler814
Yes, you will get free lift tickets for kids regardless of booking channel, and on paid and award stays. At check in the front desk will give you a voucher that you take over to the lift ticket office. (And you can redeem the lift ticket without the child present with you). There's also free night skiing for kids and adults for the night that you check in. Along with the kids ski free voucher, you'll get free ice skating and a discount on skate rentals. So if you have your own skates, it'd be worth considering bringing them.

I agree it's a little far for kids to go in boots - and keep in mind the high altitude (9000ft) can make the trek a lot harder. There are indeed lockers in the Mountain House lodge for storage. There is also a free family parking area which is not far from Mountain House (Lot E, near Ski Patrol) so you can avoid the long walk and just leave stuff in the car.

Table for 4 at 7am shouldn't be a problem. There wasn't much variety over the 4 days I went over Thanksgiving but it wasn't too bad overall.
Thanks, this is all super helpful! Kids would enjoy the skating. Did not know about the night skiing option on the first day. That's really great.
If you're staying 3 nights with plans to ski 2 days, then can you book the hotel via Hyatt app and then buy lift tix online via Vail Resorts, and then Keystone will still be able to figure out that we're supposed to be able to night-ski after checking into Hyatt without it counting as first day?
We won't have to contact anyone to consolidate things in their system?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:58 pm

Thanks, this is all super helpful! Kids would enjoy the skating. Did not know about the night skiing option on the first day. That's really great.
If you're staying 3 nights with plans to ski 2 days, then can you book the hotel via Hyatt app and then buy lift tix online via Vail Resorts, and then Keystone will still be able to figure out that we're supposed to be able to night-ski after checking into Hyatt without it counting as first day?
We won't have to contact anyone to consolidate things in their system?
At check in they will give you all the vouchers that you need for the activities and skiing. You’ll bring these to exchange for the actual activities on site (skate rental, lift ticket office). No extra coordination. Basically every hotel stay (excluding timeshares I think) at Keystone gets the same benefits and everyone working there is familiar.

When you order your adult lift ticket online you will pick the ski 2 days out of 3 option starting on your desired date. Don’t book this too early (>10 days iirc?) because they will charge you a dumb fee to ship you the ski pass (which is a RFID card). If you are inside 10 days they won’t mail you the pass; you’ll have to go to the lift ticket office to pick it up for free (you’ll have to go here anyways for the kids lift tickets). They’ll add the free night ski in their system to the front end of your paid package (as well as the kids’). Seems like something they see all the time because they knew exactly what to do and I was out in about 5-10 min. Again the kids don’t need to be present for this process.

I’d also like to put in a plug for Mountain View Sports for rentals which is directly across the highway from Hyatt Place. They have kids rent free with adult rental, on top of very reasonable rental rates. Their gear, even the basic stuff, is in good shape (boots were brand new for my kids back in November). Best part is they allow free early pick up at 4pm the night before your reservation. If you can time it right, your arrival day you can ski and rent for free. FWIW, I don’t work for them. Just a very satisfied customer sharing a deal.

Last edited by whistler814; Feb 10, 2020 at 8:06 pm
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by kpott
Any recent experiences here? Heading there for Pres Day Weekend and I’m sure it will be super crowded. Mainly going to burn a cat 4 cert and see the snow. Have a 6 and 3 year old and not planning on skiing. Looking for food recommendations or sledding location tips...
There is tubing on the mountain, and the sledding will mostly be DIY anywhere you can find a hill. You can find some safe places near the Mountain House Lodge by the ski school.

One thing that’ll be fun for your kids, even if they don’t skate is to go out on the frozen lake. There are small traditional sleds that kids can ride as you pull. Sounds kind of corny but it really is a fun experience and makes for good pics.

Keystone doesn’t have many options for food although the pizza place by the Hyatt Place is decent. There is a Subway sandwich shop across from the hotel too. The next towns over (Dillon/Silverthorne, about 20min by car) have some major chain restaurants and grocery stores, including Whole Foods and target/Walmart, and outlet mall. I will confess that I love to eat pie and the City Market (supermarket) honey crisp apple pie is very good. Breckinridge seems to be where some of the nicer places to eat are but it’s a longer drive. We typically just eat cheap to save for a nice meal (Elways steakhouse mmmmm) on our way back out to DEN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.