Search

Premium Suite definition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:35 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Did you book these purely with points?

Has anyone booked a premium suite purely with points?
I paid the standard room rate and used 9,000 points/night to upgrade.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:44 am

So far I’ve booked premium suites, paying the standard cash rate plus 9000 points, at the PHs in Tokyo and Seoul, and I saw a similar data point above for Shanghai. Any successful premium suite bookings outside of Asia yet? Any other locations besides the 3 I mention?

thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
I’ve managed PH St Kitts. Took a couple of attempts and not sure they realise what they’d booked in but it’s there in my reservation. I’ll keep my head down too I get to the front desk!
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by rrrrrich
I’ve managed PH St Kitts. Took a couple of attempts and not sure they realise what they’d booked in but it’s there in my reservation. I’ll keep my head down too I get to the front desk!
Keep us appraised. When's your stay? Just got back from a stay with a generous upgrade to a PE suite, for the life of me couldn't get them to lower the rate for unoccupied Presidential Villa.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:38 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rbw5t
So far I’ve booked premium suites, paying the standard cash rate plus 9000 points, at the PHs in Tokyo and Seoul, and I saw a similar data point above for Shanghai. Any successful premium suite bookings outside of Asia yet? Any other locations besides the 3 I mention?

thanks!
Our first redemption was PH Tokyo like you- second was Andaz Papagayo.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:33 am

not there until next summer. I wont push my luck for Presidential but the premium suite options both look amazing - hoping for PE suite.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:05 pm

not there until next summer. I wont push my luck for Presidential but the premium suite options both look amazing - hoping for PE suite.
Confused, what did you book into? If they booked you into Villa or Penthouse, you should get it. While I imagine the hotels can intervene, doubt they would. I'm fully expecting to get the Diplomatic suites in Tokyo and Seoul that I booked, despite their normally outrageous price tags.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:19 pm

Booked into Park Exec Suite. This and the Nevis View Suite are identified as Premium Suites at PH St Kitts.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Just called Hyatt to inquire about PH Shanghai and they didn't have any information available in their system what suite types are even eligible for Premium Upgrade.

They then tried to contact the property and got the reply that it's the Diplomat Suite. This however is only available at the Member Rate and not the Standard Rate (??) so they can't process the upgrade. What a mess!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:22 am

Booked into Park Exec Suite. This and the Nevis View Suite are identified as Premium Suites at PH St Kitts.
Ah. Thought based on your post you might've booked into higher. Enjoy the P.E. Just stayed there in one for a week a couple weeks back. Definitely a better choice than Nevis Peak. Bigger room, bigger pool.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 5:23 pm

I tried to book a Premium suite at Miraval, since they've supposedly rolled it out. However, even though the Hyatt website lists it as an option, and gives the specific prices, no one had any idea of what I was talking about.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
I tried to book a Premium suite at Miraval, since they've supposedly rolled it out. However, even though the Hyatt website lists it as an option, and gives the specific prices, no one had any idea of what I was talking about.
Who did you talk to? Reservations, Customer Service or the hotel itself?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Who did you talk to? Reservations, Customer Service or the hotel itself?
Hyatt Concierge, I had them middleman for me. They contacted the hotel.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Hyatt Concierge, I had them middleman for me. They contacted the hotel.
Very odd. They should at least tell you which room type is their usual inventory for Premium Suite. Even though that doesn't mean it's actually available for upgrades at any given time irrespective if the room is being sold or not.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Very odd. They should at least tell you which room type is their usual inventory for Premium Suite. Even though that doesn't mean it's actually available for upgrades at any given time irrespective if the room is being sold or not.
Agreed. They claim to have escalated it to senior management. I'll give it a couple of days before I follow up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.