Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Suite definition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Global Mercenary
Premium Suite definition

Any guesses as to what suite will be defined as “premium” under new point structure at category 7 properties like Park Hyatt Paris?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
I asked about this for PHNY and gleaned that the Junior Suite will remain the standard suite for redemptions, GSUs, etc, while the Studio Suite will become the one available for premium suite redemptions. Not sure if this info is reliable, though, since it wasn't directly from the GM or anyone in management as far as I could tell.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:52 pm

GUARANTEED this will be subject to endless shenanigans. Some hotels will likely offer great values but I bet most are varying degrees of mediocre. Supposedly the PH TYO has stated that the diplomat and governor suites will be possibilities...for now.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
My guess is that premium suites in the new program will be defined as "the suite you thought you would get when the premium suite program was introduce but you were oh so wrong about".
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
???
Very simple . . . Whatever each property chooses to define as a "Premium Suite."
peter42 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
The new T&Cs that were published on 10/23 contain pretty clear definitions:
  • "Standard Suites” is defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s introductory suite category.
  • "Premium Suites” is defined as each participating hotel’s or resort’s suite category immediately above Standard Suites, but excludes any Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suite or similar suite categories (each as designated by the applicable hotel or resort).
What is reported for PH New York follows this definition to the letter: Studio Suite. For PH Vendome it should be the Deluxe Suite based on the definition above.

Originally Posted by vj_rama
Any guesses as to what suite will be defined as “premium” under new point structure at category 7 properties like Park Hyatt Paris?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:48 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Whatever is NOT a standard suite as today?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sensei
The new T&Cs that were published on 10/23 contain pretty clear definitions
Meaningless when properties can designate a large room as a suite, and Hyatt won't do anything to police them.
peter42, GUWonder and MarkOK like this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I appreciate and respect that there is a lack of trust for some due to the changes associated with the WoH. That said, while the new terms are quite transparent I agree that we will need to wait and see what actually happens when these premium suite awards go live (capacity controls, suite re-categorizations, etc.) However, at a minimum there will be new options available to secure a suite at booking where that is currently not possible because all standard suites are sold out.

With the exception of InterContinental's Royal Ambassador program, I can't think of another program that allows one to confirm a premium suite upgrade at booking. In fact, it is actually pretty remarkable that Hyatt is allowing all members to use points to upgrade to premium suites and isn't limiting this to certain elite members.

Originally Posted by Kacee
Meaningless when properties can designate a large room as a suite, and Hyatt won't do anything to police them.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you actually look at the rooms available when booking, you'll see pretty clear descriptions. "this is a standard suite" "this is a premium suite", etc.

Hyatt has long been telling us what ISN'T a standard suite for TSU and upgrade purposes...
tigerwong and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Global Mercenary
Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you actually look at the rooms available when booking, you'll see pretty clear descriptions. "this is a standard suite" "this is a premium suite", etc.

Hyatt has long been telling us what ISN'T a standard suite for TSU and upgrade purposes...

Yes - I have noticed the distinction. Is it safe to assume the premium suite offered for points would be the next suite in price order from a standard? If so, this may be a terrible deal at category 7's. Difference between a park suite (standard) and park deluxe suite (first premium) is only 76 Euro (1046 vs 1122). Or roughly a 7% more valuable room at a 25% point premium.
eefor jfp likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sensei
I appreciate and respect that there is a lack of trust for some due to the changes associated with the WoH. That said, while the new terms are quite transparent I agree that we will need to wait and see what actually happens when these premium suite awards go live (capacity controls, suite re-categorizations, etc.) However, at a minimum there will be new options available to secure a suite at booking where that is currently not possible because all standard suites are sold out.

With the exception of InterContinental's Royal Ambassador program, I can't think of another program that allows one to confirm a premium suite upgrade at booking. In fact, it is actually pretty remarkable that Hyatt is allowing all members to use points to upgrade to premium suites and isn't limiting this to certain elite members.
Some hotels, for example many Starwoods, allow you to confirm particular suite upgrades in advance either by paying more points for an award stay (but you must call to do this) or by paying an upgrade fee in money (usually obtained by communicating directly with the hotel). In either case, the upgrade would be confirmed in advance, usually at the time of reservation.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Can’t wait to see suites with “City view”, “Corner”, or “High Floor” be premium...
Old Oct 29, 2018, 6:26 pm

There must be some sweet spots under their definition — properties where the second worst suite is way better than the basic one. Granted, those places might change designations, but I’d be interested if people have any sweet spots in mind to look into on 11/1.

do we know if we’ll have to call to book, or we can book a cash rate online and add the 9k points for a confirmed upgrade?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Wouldn't be surprised if they got even more creative than PH Busan by charging more for every single change or view in a premium suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.