Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Suite definition

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
it seems that premium suite awards will have an even bigger exemption list than the standard ones do.
That of course would seem to make sense. Some properties only have a couple of premium suites and will not be too wiling to give them up. Other properties are are going to continue to be as stingy and greedy as they can and continue to ignore WoH as much as they think they can get away with.

It will be really interesting to hear when someone books one of the premium suites at PH Tokyo...

The fact that Hyatt reservations does not know the situation at each property is ridiculous - true to form, but nevertheless ridiculous.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
That of course would seem to make sense
I agree. It would also make sense to make this information available when you launch the program.

I wasted two hours of my time to bring you all this information. I miss the old Hyatt, that used to own up to and make up for its mistakes.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:08 am

I agree. It would also make sense to make this information available when you launch the program.

I wasted two hours of my time to bring you all this information. I miss the old Hyatt, that used to own up to and make up for its mistakes.
I rather suspect that Hyatt corporate kew that many properties would not actually be releasing their premium suites so easily, but went ahead with this idea as a means of appeasement for the demise of P+C. If it turns out that only a tiny percentage of people are successful in getting an upgrade to a "genuine" premium suite for 9000 pts, WoH can still claim that it is an actual award option.

I certainly imagine that the longer the stay and the further out the reservation, the more reluctant a property is going to be to allow a high-value suite to be tied up for just 9000 pts a night. Wonder if the Diplomat Suite at PH Tokyo would be available for upgrade at 9000 pts/night for a 7-night stay next October...
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:58 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Wrote to Grand Hyatt Tokyo reservation desk over a week ago. Never got a response.

Have called Hyatt global reservations for three nights straight. They told me they couldn't book a premium suite.

Finally contacted the GHT rooms manager directly. She told me that Grand Hyatt Tokyo was exempt from the premium suite upgrades, and she regretted that WoH was not able to communicate this, though she never seemed to regret not informing me when I reached out to the hotel itself well before any of that...

Anyway, it seems that premium suite awards will have an even bigger exemption list than the standard ones do.
They are misinformed

Here is the list of exempt properties:

Specifically the following hotels are exempt:
  • Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
  • Park Hyatt Sydney
  • Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
  • Hyatt Regency Kyoto
  • Hyatt Regency Wichita
  • Hyatt Paris Madeleine
  • Hyatt Herald Square New York
  • Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa
  • Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
  • Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami
  • Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort
  • Hyatt Rosemont

Our family has so far booked premium suites at 2 properties- each phone call took a long time- and several agents to complete- but they worth it. But Hyatt is not making this easy!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:03 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
My experience in the last two days has been supreme. Timing of this couldn't be better as we are going to Tokyo and Seoul early next year. Confirmed 2 nights each at PH Tokyo and PH Seoul in diplomatic suites. Standard room/standard rate +9K points a night.
Can't imagine that will last. $3,000+ price difference between the suite and the base room in Tokyo and $4000 in Seoul.
Of note but possibly unrelated I noticed Presidential/Luxury Suites at GH and HR San Francisco Embarcadero were previously bookable online but seem to have disappeared.
damon88 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:59 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joecool1885
My experience in the last two days has been supreme. Timing of this couldn't be better as we are going to Tokyo and Seoul early next year. Confirmed 2 nights each at PH Tokyo and PH Seoul in diplomatic suites. Standard room/standard rate +9K points a night.
Can't imagine that will last. $3,000+ price difference between the suite and the base room in Tokyo and $4000 in Seoul.
Of note but possibly unrelated I noticed Presidential/Luxury Suites at GH and HR San Francisco Embarcadero were previously bookable online but seem to have disappeared.

My son also was able to book the Diplomat Suite at Park Hyatt Tokyo. At 3K a night savings I agree this can’t last long. I booked Andaz Papagayo- not nearly as amazing a deal but still saved 3K total for the entire stay (over $400/night so I’m not complaining)
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by damon88
They are misinformed
The rooms manager of the hotel is not misinformed.
The Hyatt website is not up to date.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:14 pm

They are misinformed

Here is the list of exempt properties:

Specifically the following hotels are exempt:
  • Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa
  • Park Hyatt Sydney
  • Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
  • Hyatt Regency Kyoto
  • Hyatt Regency Wichita
  • Hyatt Paris Madeleine
  • Hyatt Herald Square New York
  • Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa
  • Hyatt City of Dreams Manila
  • Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami
  • Spirit Ridge at NK’MIP Resort
  • Hyatt Rosemont

Our family has so far booked premium suites at 2 properties- each phone call took a long time- and several agents to complete- but they worth it. But Hyatt is not making this easy!
Isn't this the list of properties where ALL suite awards/upgrades are exempt and not necessarily a list of where standard suites but not premium suites are available for awards upgrades?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:54 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Isn't this the list of properties where ALL suite awards/upgrades are exempt and not necessarily a list of where standard suites but not premium suites are available for awards upgrades?

Those are the exempt properties Hyatt lists on the website- the terms then state:

Suite Upgrade Awards are not valid at any of the Suite Award Ineligible Properties or Hyatt Residence Club hotels or resorts. In addition, Suite Upgrade Awards for Premium Suites are not valid at Hyatt Ziva or Hyatt Zilara hotels and resorts or at any hotel and resort that does not have Premium Suites (even if such hotel or resort has Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suite or similar suite categories)
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:15 am

Those are the exempt properties Hyatt lists on the website- the terms then state:

Suite Upgrade Awards are not valid at any of the Suite Award Ineligible Properties or Hyatt Residence Club hotels or resorts. In addition, Suite Upgrade Awards for Premium Suites are not valid at Hyatt Ziva or Hyatt Zilara hotels and resorts or at any hotel and resort that does not have Premium Suites (even if such hotel or resort has Specialty, Premier, Presidential or Diplomatic Suite or similar suite categories)
Every property has always been allowed to refuse a suite award or upgrade on points whenever they wanted, regardless of availability. Under the terms of GP (which became fuzzier under WoH), they were supposed to be required to allow the use of DSUs/TSUs if an entry suite was available, but they were free to allow or decline suite awards/upgrades at their discretion. I see no reason to think that this policy does not apply to premium suite awards/upgrades.

Just because the properties on the list are specifically excluded does not mean that any other property cannot opt out either partially of completely. The key phase is:

A Room Upgrade Award for suite accommodations (“Suite Upgrade Award”) may not be redeemed at all Hyatt hotel or resort locations
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, it gets better! Here is the newly revised response from "Japan Reservations":

As your message outlined, please be advised that we have our Grand Executive King for premium suite as well for new upgrade program.
The Grand Executive King is Grand Hyatt Tokyo standard suite upgrade. So apparently, hotels are free to make the premium suite selection exactly the same as the standard suites!!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:51 am

Oh, it gets better! Here is the newly revised response from "Japan Reservations":

The Grand Executive King is Grand Hyatt Tokyo standard suite upgrade. So apparently, hotels are free to make the premium suite selection exactly the same as the standard suites!!
Maybe that's what this part of the T&C is supposed to mean:

Suite Upgrade Awards may be valid for Standard Suites or Premium Suites as identified during the award-redemption process.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:32 am
SPG 5+ Badge

We will have to wait for clarification but that does not seem right.
Use 6000 points to upgrade to a Standard Suite or 9000 points to upgrade to a Standard Suite!

Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:33 am

This is a surprisingly fun mess to watch unfold. Exacerbated by the fact that you cannot easily book these awards online.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:03 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Zelucifer
This is a surprisingly fun mess to watch unfold. Exacerbated by the fact that you cannot easily book these awards online.

Not “not easily”. Not at all. 😊

Suite Upgrade Awards for Premium Suites may be booked only by contacting Hyatt’s central reservation service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.