Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Promotion: get 10% of points back for aug-sept 18 redemptions (cc holders only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Just got this via email. Seems very generous (since I have 300k in award stays in aug!)Here's how it works:1Register for this exclusive Cardmember promotion by August 31, 2018.2Redeem your points for free nights, Points + Cash stays or toward room upgrades, dining and spa services completed between August 1 and September 30, 2018.3You’ll get 10% of the points you redeem back as Bonus Points. They’ll automatically be deposited into your World of Hyatt account after your points have been used. The more you redeem, the more you get backRedeem 10,000 points, get 1,000 Bonus Points back. Be sure to register by August 31, 2018 to participate. REGISTER WITH ONE CLICK
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:39 pm

Got this via email as well. Registered.
(For Hyatt credit card members only, both versions)
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Does that mean I have to rebook to get the rebate? Or do existing bookings count?

Link:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ointsback.html
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:54 pm

Any know if this runs in parallel to the 2500 point for every five nights at GH promo?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by fangtl
Any know if this runs in parallel to the 2500 point for every five nights at GH promo?
That promo is for GH or HR stays and it ends around August 31st. I don't know whether award stays, etc. count for the five nights to get 2500 points.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, United, American, Delta, British Airways, Alaska Airlines, etc.
Originally Posted by solewalker
Does that mean I have to rebook to get the rebate? Or do existing bookings count?

Link:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ointsback.html
I too am wondering whether this applies to bookings already made for stays during the promotion period, or whether I need to re-book the reservation during the promotion period. The offer language itself does not seem to clarify this and I have a few bookings already made for stays in August and September. I went to the Hyatt website hoping to be able to email them to ask this question, but only found customer service phone numbers and no email addresses. I am concerned if I call customer service, the person I speak to may not be fully informed about this, and may not give accurate information given the need to respond on the spur of the moment.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 6:36 am

Thanks for sharing. Useful
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
HR/GH promo does indeed count award stays towards the 5night/2500 pts.

"normally" (as in every case I have had experience with Hyatt), their promos aren't specific to when you book, only when you stay. I don't see anything in the Ts and Cs here that suggest this is any different, but you can always call and hope to get someone who knows the answer. It shouldn't take long for someone to confirm with their own experience as well.

This is another promo that is good to take advantage if you are already using pts, but hard to imagine changing a booking just because of a 10% pt discount. I have 18 nights of paid stays booked and the 10% pt back doesn't add nearly enough value to change any of those cash stays to pt stays.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Johnsmith, those links must be just for you! Because when I clicked on 2 of them, I got, "This offer has already been redeemed." And on the others I got http://x-apple-data-detectors//5 !
Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The generic link is provided in another post in this thread.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Thanks, Solewalker & FH! I tried it & got "We're sorry. We are unable to process your request." I guess they know that I cancelled my Hyatt Visa last December ! And the address bar ends with "globalPromo.error-ERROR_SOAP_0372 ."
Oh well, I don't expect to stay in any Hyatts in Aug./Sep. anyway.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

From the Hyatt Concierge twitter - rebate based on stay date:

Good evening! The booking date does not matter. You must register by Aug 31st and stay between Aug 1 and Sept 30th to get the 10% back. ^TH

Pretty pumped about this - I currently have over 60,000 points worth of booking during the period, and have more points-based stays planned (but not booked yet).
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:52 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Thank you for clearing that up for us; I have a 75K point redemption for September, so this will be a nice benefit.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by solewalker
From the Hyatt Concierge twitter - rebate based on stay date:

https://twitter.com/HyattConcierge/s...50418782572544

Good evening! The booking date does not matter. You must register by Aug 31st and stay between Aug 1 and Sept 30th to get the 10% back. ^TH
Per the registration page: "Only points redeemed between 8/1/2018 and 9/30/2018 will be eligible for this promotion." For an award booking, the points are removed from your account at the time of booking, not at the time of the stay. Is there a distinction between reserving with points and 'redeeming'?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by downinit
Per the registration page: "Only points redeemed between 8/1/2018 and 9/30/2018 will be eligible for this promotion." For an award booking, the points are removed from your account at the time of booking, not at the time of the stay. Is there a distinction between reserving with points and 'redeeming'?
After a points stay, the pt held upon booking get moved and posted with the date of your checkout (which is the actual redemption).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.