Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt to SPG to Hyatt - Boomerangs Coming Back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt to SPG to Hyatt - Boomerangs Coming Back?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Thanks. I should have been more precise with my comment above; I was referring not to the WoH T&Cs but to the Globalist benefits page at Hyatt.com.

The only time I've needed/requested late checkout this year as a Globalist was last month at an airport-area Hyatt House. I asked for and received 2:00 pm checkout, but they made me confirm it the morning of departure, which certainly didn't leave the impression it was, indeed, a guaranteed benefit.
The late checkout is pointless to me if it needs to be confirmed day-of, so I'd have been pretty annoyed about that.

Just for the record, the SPG Plat 4pm late checkout benefit excludes certain 'resort and convention center properties', but they are explicitly listed in the T&C's.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It could be someone who stays in regular rooms at (obviously not limited service) hotels in expensive locations and buys a lot of F&B, for example, during those stays.

Or it could be someone who holds one wedding or big party in the hotel. If there's a night requirement in addition to the spend, the person could do those nights in the cheapest hotel possible in the chain, or use night credits from credit cards and/or award stays.
Im talking about regular customer, dividing spending with night count.
not person who book one off events ... dont think alot people held wedding every month

pretty much loyalty scheme is geared towards people who book lower cat rooms instead of higher cat one.

If i already book str specialty suite that comes with breakfast and lounge access then the only benefit i can get is extra points and 4pm late checkout guarantee as other benefits like lounge access is already purchased and upgrade will be difficult to get since its already above upgrade pool (yes some hotel will go beyond and upgrade me anyway but then again its quite random situation)

on the other hand, booking lowest cat room pretty much guarantee all benefits is extended
(unless hotel 100% full the surely at least 1 cat above is available)
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by MarkOK
1. Maintain point valuation.
While I am optimistic Hyatt won't devalue in the next year -- they have no reason not to consider it.

Let's face it, with current levels at Hilton and the new Marriott levels, Hyatt's points just feel a bit overvalued and worth more than their competition. I'd expect them to introduce a new level or two in the coming year for hotels in markets like NYC or SF. They're not in this game to be nice, they're in it to make money.

And let's face it, the loyalty game across all hotel channels is getting less and less rewarding. Expect them all to go dynamic pricing in the coming years.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:01 am

It would be a significant volte-face for me to contemplate a boomerang back into Hyatt ( 2 x 1 night stays this year, both certs). Even so, I thought about it and came here to see what's happening with Hyatt; first thing I see is that they are playing games with fast-track for corporates or CC holders, same as last year. So NO boomerang for me in respect of the program but I will pick and choose those Hyatts I really like: Vienna, Berlin, Milan and London if I can use the explorist Certs ( or even without them). So that's maybe 20 -24 nights a year, no good for status.
Free agency is looking more attractive. Maybe more expensive but not excessively so.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Random comments:

First. I have found the 4 PM checkout more often than not pro-actively offered at check-in. 1 property I stayed at wanted a confirmation morning of. 1 property 1 time who put me in one of their few standard suites would only give me until 1 PM -- only time I've been denied and they have always otherwise been good with 4PM (and, I will give them the benefit of the doubt that offering me late check out that time would get them in a squeeze).

Second. Higher tiers, for places like NYC??? I feel like NYC is already overtiered to be honest. Maybe Park Hyatt has high enough rack rates to ask for more points, but redeeming at the Andaz's, GH, and other properties at their current tiers already is too often a paltry 1-1.5 cent per point redemption value. Most Cat1s in the US are straight up at 2 cents+ per point as a base (I don't have any recent experience shopping for rooms in SF to comment).
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
This again? Hyatt's nearest competitor just eliminated the ability to qualify with as few as 25 nights. Why would Hyatt start allowing top-tier qualification with as few as 30 nights? Makes no sense whatsoever.
ROTFLMAO! It's like Hyatt management was reading your post and decided that they could do one better - Glob in 20 nights! https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/04/18/...0/?omhide=true

Well, I truly hope that you guys get your wish and a bunch of people come rushing back to Hyatt. It will make getting suite upgrades easier at other hotel chains.

As with last year, it's only a matter of time before Hyatt opens this 20 night Glob Lite challenge to everyone. Way to go, Hyatt management! ^
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:09 am

As to the question of “why would anyone who purchased suites/lounge access care about status ?”

The other benefits are meaningful -
1. 4pm check out can be helpful at times
2. 48 Hour Room Guarantee
3. Access to elite check in lines
4. Dedicated customer service phone lines
5. Higher priority for early check in when needed
6. Guest Of Honor recognition when booking for others
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Random comments:

First. I have found the 4 PM checkout more often than not pro-actively offered at check-in. 1 property I stayed at wanted a confirmation morning of. 1 property 1 time who put me in one of their few standard suites would only give me until 1 PM -- only time I've been denied and they have always otherwise been good with 4PM (and, I will give them the benefit of the doubt that offering me late check out that time would get them in a squeeze). ...
In other words, it's not much of a guarantee if one is at the mercy of the hotel on the day one really wants or needs the late checkout.

Originally Posted by itsallgood
ROTFLMAO! It's like Hyatt management was reading your post and decided that they could do one better - Glob in 20 nights! https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/04/18/...0/?omhide=true

Well, I truly hope that you guys get your wish and a bunch of people come rushing back to Hyatt. It will make getting suite upgrades easier at other hotel chains.

As with last year, it's only a matter of time before Hyatt opens this 20 night Glob Lite challenge to everyone. Way to go, Hyatt management! ^
I don't understand the tone of this comment at all. Hyatt ran this same exact promo last year, didn't they? And 20 nights over 90 days isn't exactly a light requirement. Other than for people who simply get lucky and are able to time this to their one big trip(s) per year, 20 nights in 90 days projects to 81 nights per year.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
I don't understand the tone of this comment at all. Hyatt ran this same exact promo last year, didn't they? And 20 nights over 90 days isn't exactly a light requirement. Other than for people who simply get lucky and are able to time this to their one big trip(s) per year, 20 nights in 90 days projects to 81 nights per year.
There's a reason why hotel rates fluctuate. Peak demand periods of the year. I can take a two week vacation and be 70% of the way toward Glob.

Maybe next year they'll in a couple of TSUs, eh? ^ Hyatt management has seen how effective that can be to increase enrollment. ... or they can save the TSU bonus for when they do the annual 20 stays for credit card holders.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:32 am
Suspended

There's a reason why hotel rates fluctuate. Peak demand periods of the year. I can take a two week vacation and be 70% of the way toward Glob.
And? If you don't travel that much, having Globalist Lite isn't going to do much for you — or cost Hyatt much.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:59 am

And? If you don't travel that much, having Globalist Lite isn't going to do much for you — or cost Hyatt much.
Wait, what????? Weren't you the one ranting that Hyatt got rid of the low stay requirements because it wasn't making Hyatt money? Now that Hyatt's back offering shortcuts to Glob, it's not a big deal to you????? 2 funny 4 words.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
It’s essentially guaranteed unless you are staying at a resort. If a property pushes back you should escalate to a manager or contact Hyatt customer service. It’s not at the discretion of the hotel, so you have the ability to force them to honor it at check-in. Pretty simple.

In other words, it's not much of a guarantee if one is at the mercy of the hotel on the day one really wants or needs the benefit..
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Wait, what????? Weren't you the one ranting that Hyatt got rid of the low stay requirements because it wasn't making Hyatt money? Now that Hyatt's back offering shortcuts to Glob, it's not a big deal to you????? 2 funny 4 words.
I can't tell if this is an attempt at trolling or if you simply don't know what you're talking about. Either way, there's a huge difference between being able to get (full) Globalist after as few as 25 nights in 365 days and being able to get Globalist Lite after 20 nights in 90 days.

Also, I've done no "ranting" about Hyatt's WoH changes. You should try to be more accurate/honest.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sensei
It’s essentially guaranteed unless you are staying at a resort. If a property pushes back you should escalate to a manager or contact Hyatt customer service. It’s not at the discretion of the hotel, so you have the ability to force them to honor it at check-in. Pretty simple.
Thanks; I'll keep this in mind for the next time. (I hate having to ask for loyalty benefits, let alone fight for loyalty benefits.)
Old Apr 19, 2018, 8:32 am

The boomerang is coming back for me ! Just booked a Park Hyatt stay in a city where the Ritz Carlton has been my go to place. It was a very liberating feeling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.