Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Year 2 Globalists - TSUs at 55 or 60 nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Year 2 Globalists - TSUs at 55 or 60 nights?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 2:44 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by JackE
Then people would be wishing they didn't all expire on the same date because there aren't enough suites to go around with everyone hitting the same deadline.
I heard that argument before but given that there's no lite option like before (25 stays), 55 nights to requal or 60 to earn glob is actually quite difficult if you do travel outside usa. Hyatt footprint abroad is basically non existent. And even before on the old program compared to now, I don't see a greater abundance of suites available. I didn't have issues using my DSU on the old program with their expiration dates.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jason8612
I heard that argument before but given that there's no lite option like before (25 stays), 55 nights to requal or 60 to earn glob is actually quite difficult if you do travel outside usa. Hyatt footprint abroad is basically non existent. And even before on the old program compared to now, I don't see a greater abundance of suites available. I didn't have issues using my DSU on the old program with their expiration dates.
Everyone has anecdotal data, but there is no way to escape the fact that the demand for "free" suite upgrades exceeds the supply, even with fewer top-tier members. Assuming TSU's have an expiration date, then it's simple math that demand will concentrate over a period of time when they all expire simultaneously.

Maybe they should extend the time period for top-tier TSU expiration. That would be another reason to shoot for it.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Actually I think the longer they are good for, the more spread out there use is. If they are all good until 3/31 of the following year, many folks will use theirs up before March.
And if 4/30, even more spread out.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Actually I think the longer they are good for, the more spread out there use is. If they are all good until 3/31 of the following year, many folks will use theirs up before March.
And if 4/30, even more spread out.
Sure, but they can stagger them AND give them a one-year shelf life. What happens is that as the deadline approaches, we use them for the sake of not losing them and crowd the same date if there is a fixed cutoff.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
That’s what they have now
Old May 14, 2018, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I think this is mostly a European problem. Here in Asia there are now Hyatt properties every left and right. Coming Fall BKK alone will have 4 Hyatts, Singapore 2, Tokyo 5(!), Beijing 3 (and more coming), Shanghai even more.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
That’s what they have now
Yes, thanks, and my comment is as compared to going back to the earlier system.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I think this is mostly a European problem. Here in Asia there are now Hyatt properties every left and right. Coming Fall BKK alone will have 4 Hyatts, Singapore 2, Tokyo 5(!), Beijing 3 (and more coming), Shanghai even more.
There are more than 5 cities in Asia, although still better coverage than the largest European metro areas. And there is more to the world than the US, Asia, and Europe.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mattsteg
There are more than 5 cities in Asia, although still better coverage than the largest European metro areas. And there is more to the world than the US, Asia, and Europe.
Such as what? Some backwaters in Africa and South America? Totally irrelevant.

Any major city in Asia has a Hyatt and that takes care of Globalist very well.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Such as what? Some backwaters in Africa and South America? Totally irrelevant.

Any major city in Asia has a Hyatt and that takes care of Globalist very well.
Totally relevant, if you want to be any sort of "Globalist". And Hyatt is missing in even 2 of the 10 largest cities in Asia.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I just wished the tsu would be valid to end of membership year instead of the current way. I'm already at about 18niggts left to requalify and I know I'll be using ihg, spg/Marriott or Hilton and save my 55th stay for like Dec 29
Your wish has been granted

Originally Posted by Markie
PRESS RELEASE

Hi Mark,

As the World of Hyatt team continues listening to members, I wanted to share a heads up about two announcements we’ll be making tomorrow in direct response to member feedback. Both announcements are under embargo until tomorrow, June 1, at 9:00am CT/ 10:00am ET.

Elite Tier Award Validity Changes

World of Hyatt is extending the validity period for suite upgrade awards that members earn when they satisfy tier qualifying night or Base Point earning requirements within a calendar year, as well as for the 4 Club Lounge access awards that Explorists earn per year. For 2018 and beyond these awards will be valid through the member’s tier expiration date at the time they are earned, as opposed to 365 days. This means members’ awards earned in 2018 will expire February 29, 2020.

Upon achieving Lifetime Globalist status, members will receive four suite upgrade awards valid through the remainder of that year plus 14 months. Annually, Lifetime Globalists will receive four suite upgrade awards on or around March 1 valid for the remainder of that year plus 14 months. In addition, Lifetime Globalists who stay 60 qualifying nights or earn 100,000 Base Points in a calendar year will receive four additional suite upgrade awards that are valid for the remainder of the year they are earned plus 14 months.

Members will be able to see the extended expiration period on their 2018 awards reflected in their World of Hyatt account on June 1, 2018. These changes will also be reflected in the award program terms. Changes to the full program terms and Frequently Asked Questions will be updated shortly.

World of Hyatt was built around continuously listening to our members, and we heard a desire for more flexibility when it comes to award benefits. That’s why earlier this year we rolled out award nights counting toward tier status and extending the expiration period on free night awards, and now members will have even more flexibility when it comes to enjoying their well-earned rewards.
​​​​​​​
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:16 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdadept
I can answer this question because I just re-qualified for globalist (55 nights and yea, its crazy i've re-qualified this early). 4 new certs deposited into my account today. I re-qualified Thursday.
Did you also get the free category 1-7 night certificate or do you have to reach 60 to get that?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by chicaloca453
Did you also get the free category 1-7 night certificate or do you have to reach 60 to get that?
I received both suite upgrades and 1-7 certificate at 55.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
What were the expiration dates for the upgrades and free night?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jay00848
What were the expiration dates for the upgrades and free night?

Promotional Free Night Award

Total Earned 1Expiration Date Dec 13, 2018
Terms & Conditions
EXPLORE HOTELS

Free Upgrades

• 8 Earned
  • 3 Redeemed
  • 5 Available

Suite Upgrade Award

Total Earned 4Expiration Date Feb 29, 2020

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.