Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Year 2 Globalists - TSUs at 55 or 60 nights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

Now that many of us are in year 2 of Globalist, has there been a definitive answer as to when re-qualifying Globalists receive their 4 TSUs?

The Globalist Member Benefits page on the Hyatt website suggests that 60 nights are required.

But the T&Cs say this:
Upon achieving (or re-achieving) Globalist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirements detailed above, a Member will receive four (4) complimentary Room Upgrade Awards for suite accommodations
So that seems fairly clear that 55 nights should suffice since we are clearly entitled to re-achieve Globalist status with 55 nights. (FWIW, the same language is used for the Cat 1-7 certificate)

But AFAIK the credit card fast trackers only received Globalist lite, without TSUs. So consider me confused, even though the credit card thing seemed a different promo, rather than multiplying Tier Qualifying Nights...

Of course this would matter FAR less if WoH would fix the stupid system whereby TSUs expire 365 days after being earned. But until then, we need to know whether to stop at 54 or 59 nights...

I don't suppose any road warriors have hit 55 nights already and can provide a data point.

P.S. I'm not sure if this has been definitively covered elsewhere, so mods feel free to merge if necessary...
Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:16 am

I haven't hit 55 yet but my pl rep explicitly told me 55 nights after I asked and she said she confirmed that.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Sorry, I can't help. It is quite amusing to this observer-from-the-sidelines that WoH is such a mess that some (many? all?) of their most loyal members are confused about the qualification criteria.

Where are the @WorldofHyatt Concierges these days?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:39 am

Terrible situation to leave loyalists in limbo. I’m a glob via $20K 2017 spend but I really only stay right around the 60-night mark with WoH. I would just submit that, based on many posts, do NOT trust what pl and other agents are asserting as so many are ill informed (another problem.)
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:52 pm

I Have 100% confidence I will get them at 55. The terms also seem pretty clear to me. I frankly do not understand why the continuing confusion over this.
MarkOK likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
I Have 100% confidence I will get them at 55. The terms also seem pretty clear to me. I frankly do not understand why the continuing confusion over this.
Perhaps, but then why do we need to wait until 70 nights for the extra TSU / 10K points? Shouldn't it be 10 nights above the base requirements for Globalist?

You have to admit that it's a mess, even if you feel good about 55.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:36 pm

Oh I agree the implementation has been a complete soup sandwich.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Of course this would matter FAR less if WoH would fix the stupid system whereby TSUs expire 365 days after being earned. But until then, we need to know whether to stop at 54 or 59 nights...
Don't forget 69, 79, 89 and 99.
CloudCoder likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 1:41 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Good afternoon,

I'm happy to help clarify the above question. In order to be eligible to achieve Globalist with 55 nights in 2018, you would have had to earn Globalist in 2017 through nights or base points. So if you have 60 eligible nights 100K base points in 2017 you will only need 55 nights this year to achieve Globalist. If for example you achieved Globalist through a fast track promo and didn't have 60 night or 100K last year you will need 60 night this year to qualify for Globalist. I'm hoping this helped answer your question. If anyone would like to have us check you account and see where you fall please feel free to PM us.

Rebecca S
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:21 pm

the questions are:

1. does the 60-nights-in-2017 globalist earn his new batch of 4 TSUs upon reaching 55 nights in 2018?

Yes or No.

2. does the 60-nights-in-2017 globalist earn his new Cat7 cert upon reaching 55 nights in 2018?

Yes or No.
Mark McCracken likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Good afternoon,

I'm happy to help clarify the above question. In order to be eligible to achieve Globalist with 55 nights in 2018, you would have had to earn Globalist in 2017 through nights or base points. So if you have 60 eligible nights 100K base points in 2017 you will only need 55 nights this year to achieve Globalist. If for example you achieved Globalist through a fast track promo and didn't have 60 night or 100K last year you will need 60 night this year to qualify for Globalist. I'm hoping this helped answer your question. If anyone would like to have us check you account and see where you fall please feel free to PM us.

Rebecca S
Thanks, but it's quite clear how to earn and keep Globalist status and I am fully confident of reaching it again at 55 nights. (However I suspect that your comment re. fast trackers has not been picked up by those fortunate credit card holders...)

What your website manages to do - at least in my multiples reads of the website and T&Cs as they have changed over time - is make it really rather unclear whether Globalist status itself is what gets you 4 TSUs and a free Category 1-7 night, or whether it's completing 60 nights.

So if you could just answer @Colin's question that would be perfect.
CloudCoder likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by World of Hyatt Concierge
Good afternoon,

Rebecca S
the questions are:

1. does the 60-nights-in-2017 globalist earn his new batch of 4 TSUs upon reaching 55 nights in 2018?

Yes or No.

2. does the 60-nights-in-2017 globalist earn his new Cat7 cert upon reaching 55 nights in 2018?

Yes or No.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:33 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Further...

Assuming the the 60-nights-in-2017 globalist gets four TSUs at 55 nights, do we earn another TSU/10,000 points at 65 nights or 70 nights?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:35 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I just finished my 55th night, so I'd be in a position to know the answer ... except ... this year I'm splitting my business among several hotel chains, rather than get caught in the "welcome to another year of Globalist, your TSUs expire in March 2019" trap again. I'll have 100 Hyatt nights by the end of 2018. So far I only have 21.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:15 pm
Company Representative: World of Hyatt

Programs: World of Hyatt
Colin,

If you did hit 60 qualified nights in 2017 you will receive your tier suite upgrades and category 1-7 award when you hit your 55 qualified nights in 2018. If you'd like me to look at your individual case please PM us with your World of Hyatt number and verify the name and full address on the account.

Rebecca S
seawolf, Colin, serfty and 4 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.