Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Chase Hyatt promo Spend $300/get $30 back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.

Small promo -- Spend 300 on grocery/drug on the Chase Hyatt Card, get a $30 bonus.

Register here

https://rtm.visa.com/Registration/HYATT2018Q1
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Small promo -- Spend 300 on grocery/drug on the Chase Hyatt Card, get a $30 bonus.

Register here

https://rtm.visa.com/Registration/HYATT2018Q1
Just got the email too. Nice promo, I assume gift cards work? Probably will get $100 in Safeway, $100 in Lowe’s, and $100 in Amazon GC’s. Plus a banana.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by mnredfox

Just got the email too. Nice promo, I assume gift cards work? Probably will get $100 in Safeway, $100 in Lowe’s, and $100 in Amazon GC’s. Plus a banana.
Yeah, it's only 30 bucks, but at least it is an easy 30 bucks. I'll just use it for groceries over this month until I spend that much instead of using my card that gets me 5% cash back on groceries.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Conveniently I am fresh out of Amazon gift card credit
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:14 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
OV and beer for me!

On a side note, did anyone do the $20 off $50 at Whole Foods last year? If so did you automatically get a credit for it?

I had to call and bug Chase at least 4 times to get my Hyatt Place statement credit to post from a stay in October.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:22 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by bigshooter
On a side note, did anyone do the $20 off $50 at Whole Foods last year? If so did you automatically get a credit for it?
I did and it did.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bigshooter
OV and beer for me!

I had to call and bug Chase at least 4 times to get my Hyatt Place statement credit to post from a stay in October.
yes, it posted nearly instantly.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: Delta/Hyatt/Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Costco works?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benitovacation
Costco works?
doubt it.

“Grocery Store Purchases: Merchants in the grocery stores category include supermarkets, merchants that offer a full service grocery line of merchandise including a deli and bakery as well as smaller grocery stores. Please note that some merchants that sell grocery items are not included in this category; for example, larger stores that sell a wide variety of goods and groceries, such as warehouse clubs, discount stores and some smaller merchants such as drugstores, and merchants that specialize in only a few grocery items. In addition, please note that purchases made at gas stations from merchants who also operate grocery stores are not included in this category. In addition, delivery service merchants will not be included in this category unless the merchant has set up such purchases to be classified in the grocery stores category.”
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Well, this brings a good point. The Chase Hyatt card doesn't indicate 'grocery' explicitly for purchases in account activity or statement, so I don't have a way to dig into my account history on that card and figure what merchants are counting as grocery and what weren't.. I know from cards that do track because it is bonus category, that "Grocery" is a fairly narrowly defined category that really only counts traditional full line grocery stores. In my experience, mom-pop grocers (i.e. ethnic grocers) often won't register as 'grocery' purchases. Wal-Mart Supercenters and Targets definitely do not, even though that is where (sadly, imo) so many in this country does their vast majority of grocery shopping. I don't shop at warehouses (I don't live near one, nor care to store things in bulk).
Old Feb 4, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I plan on spending $300 at my regular Safeway. I know it counts as grocery for my Chase UA Select Visa (2X). Regular shopping plus a few Amazon and Netflix gift cards and it should be a non issue.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:23 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
... plus a few Amazon and Netflix gift cards .
I wonder if Amazon gift cards from Whole Foods will do the trick? It certainly worked during the last promotion (IIRC it was: spend money at Whole Foods, get a statement credit). If Amazon gift cards count, I'll just go get $300 worth. Who will be the first to report as to whether Amazon gift cards work?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I wonder if Amazon gift cards from Whole Foods will do the trick? It certainly worked during the last promotion (IIRC it was: spend money at Whole Foods, get a statement credit). If Amazon gift cards count, I'll just go get $300 worth. Who will be the first to report as to whether Amazon gift cards work?
i would assume that Whole Foods counts as a grocery store. But Safeway is a lot closer to my home and I shop there anyway, so no need to experiment.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
I bought a $300 Amazon gift card at Whole Foods on 2/3. I'll report back whether I get the credit.
CloudCoder and JD623 like this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
i would assume that Whole Foods counts as a grocery store. But Safeway is a lot closer to my home and I shop there anyway, so no need to experiment.
I bought the $300 Amazon gift card at Whole Foods to take advantage of the Uber Visa local offers. I received 5% back in Uber credits and will hopefully receive the $30 statement credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.