Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Chase Hyatt promo Spend $300/get $30 back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Hyatt promo Spend $300/get $30 back

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
I hit my spending at some point during my February billing cycle, and the credit appeared after the close of that cycle.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Hit $300 in all grocery spending on 2/26. Credit hit today but was dated 2/26.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Met spend on Feb 26. Credit hit today (five days later). Credit was dated Feb 27, though.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 1:06 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I went a local Fry's grocery store yesterday and did the typical $505.95 purchase on Hyatt since my drugstore purchase never showed up. Will see if this one posts.

I needed the GC's anyways so I could pay rent so I don't look at this as a loss even if it doesn't post. Pisses me off a bit though.
So drugstore didn't seem to trigger the credit, but my grocery purchase from 2/26 posted on 3/1 with a date of 2/27. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll credit from the drugstore purchase as well
Old Mar 3, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Did a Walgreens purchase on 2/27 and still no credit.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:02 pm

Spouse spent $300 exactly in gc's at a grocery store 2/26. Credit posted the next day.
I spent a little over $300, combo of gc's and groceries in 2 trips, finishing up 2/26. Still no credit.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Spent a bit over $300 "naturally," which is to say across three drugstores and two supermarkets. Nothing posted yet. Had to call Chase Hyatt about something else, so asked about this at the end. The CSR took some time to look up the specific promotion. Said that their materials say credit will post on first statement close after promotion end.

I understand that that contravenes what folks are reporting here (works for groceries, not for pharmacies; and posts soon after spend, at least for groceries). However, until that date arrives and nothing posts, I don't see how I (we) can escalate successfully. Will wait and push the issue then ... Just calling number on back of Chase Hyatt Visa and eventually pressing 0 at least got me to someone willing to acknowledge program.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Bought $300 GC at Whole Foods on 2/27, $30 credit posted today 03/05
Old Mar 11, 2018, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by 3hearts
Spouse spent $300 exactly in gc's at a grocery store 2/26. Credit posted the next day.
I spent a little over $300, combo of gc's and groceries in 2 trips, finishing up 2/26. Still no credit.
Update: my credit posted 3/5.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:03 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I registered (was targeted) and did my spend, but haven't received my statement credit. It's been a few months.
Do I contact Chase for them to issue the statement credit?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
My credit never showed up. I called in early March to complain, the issue was "escalated" and I got a letter in the mail confirming it would be resolved in 4-6 weeks which seemed silly at the time, but whatever. Just looked and it's still not there.

I called Chase again just now and a supervisor told me the issue would be "escalated" and to expect a call in 3-7 business days. My renewal is due and I asked for some kind of discount for this awful experience, but was told "we don't do that."

Unfortunately, I don't want to drop this card or I would have canceled it today.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by jason8612
I registered (was targeted) and did my spend, but haven't received my statement credit. It's been a few months.
Do I contact Chase for them to issue the statement credit?
yes, and then they will say another 6-8 weeks. When I complained about that (more than once) the last response said they raised the issue with visa and won’t respond to any more secure messages in the subject.

Last edited by beachfan; Apr 27, 2018 at 8:24 am
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
After several phone calls across two months, I actually just got a letter in the mail acknowledging that I was owed the $30 and that it will post in another (!) 1-2 cycles.

Not the hardest $30 I ever made in my life, but far from the easiest, either ... and, of course, it's still not here yet.

Update: I did finally get the $30.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; May 16, 2018 at 5:58 am Reason: Update
Old May 16, 2018, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachfan

yes, and then they will say another 6-8 weeks. When I complained about that (more than once) the last response said they raised the issue with visa and won’t respond to any more secure messages in the subject.
Chase doesn't respond to my SM anymore either. Repeatedly promised $30 credit but nothing ever credited. I will call to cancel as I don't use this card much to begin with.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:50 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I sent a SM to follow-up a few days ago and no response. I guess I will need to call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.