Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Residence Club

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Hyatt Residence Club

I wanted to see if there is a thread that discuss Hyatt Residence Club Vacations offers! I know that Hilton Grand Vacations offers deals to Orlando, Vegas, and Myrtle beach. I took advantage of the HIlton one last summer at Myrtle beach $150 for 3 days 3 nights. Do they even offer any deals like this?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:33 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Would like to know this too, any way to get invited to one for Key West? I know for SPG it used to be an owner could refer you, any way to do that here?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:58 pm

I am also interested in a referral for Maui. I actually received a mailing from them a few months ago (can't remember the terms and I threw it away) and I called them up to ask for another offer and they said they can't offer anything on the phone. Would appreciate a referral if that is even possible.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For Maui, they seem to be sending out a lot of $995/5 night offers. It's for an oceanfront 2-bedroom condo. The offer includes a rental car.

I (globalist) got this offer, as did my friend (who I don't think has any Hyatt status -- he usually stays at Marriott)

It seems like a great deal, especially if you have a family and can make use of the 2 bedrooms. I guess two couples could also share it. I'm not sure how high-pressure the sales techniques are. It claims that you have to attend a 90-minute presentation, "not to exceed 120 minutes". I'm not sure if they continue to hassle you for the rest of the trip, or if they leave you alone if you are not interested in buying.

I'm also not sure if this earns full base points and night credit on WoH. 6500 pts (as globalist) and 5 qualifying nights is significant.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
For Maui, they seem to be sending out a lot of $995/5 night offers. It's for an oceanfront 2-bedroom condo. The offer includes a rental car.

I (globalist) got this offer, as did my friend (who I don't think has any Hyatt status -- he usually stays at Marriott)

It seems like a great deal, especially if you have a family and can make use of the 2 bedrooms. I guess two couples could also share it. I'm not sure how high-pressure the sales techniques are. It claims that you have to attend a 90-minute presentation, "not to exceed 120 minutes". I'm not sure if they continue to hassle you for the rest of the trip, or if they leave you alone if you are not interested in buying.

I'm also not sure if this earns full base points and night credit on WoH. 6500 pts (as globalist) and 5 qualifying nights is significant.
These stays don't earn WoH credit per program terms.

Reports from the Mari thread and my own experience indicate you shouldn't be pestered outside of the 2 hours.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
I received an email offer a couple of days ago for the Hyatt Residence Club, Maui, which is a 5-night stay for $995.00, but no rental car included. Requires up to 120 minutes of timeshare pitch and some annual income standards. I think if a rental car were part of the pitch, I'd go for it. I'm still mulling it over in my mind, however, mostly because I'm overdue for a visit to Maui.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
I received an email offer a couple of days ago for the Hyatt Residence Club, Maui, which is a 5-night stay for $995.00, but no rental car included. Requires up to 120 minutes of timeshare pitch and some annual income standards. I think if a rental car were part of the pitch, I'd go for it. I'm still mulling it over in my mind, however, mostly because I'm overdue for a visit to Maui.
It's a good deal - I was at the HR Maui and did the timeshare pitch for a batch of molokini snorkeling tours (4 I think?). It's pretty low pressure - if you explain that most of your vacations are on points and from credit card signup bonuses they accept it and move on. They don't want to waste their time or yours.
Tpa-flyer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
I called the phone number given in my offer email and spoke with a rep who told me there's no availability for Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr, 2020. Game over for me as I can't plan a trip for Maui until 2020. Oh, well. Win some, lose some.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Is Hyatt Residence Club still owned by Hyatt or have they spun off like Marriott and Starwood?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:58 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
Is Hyatt Residence Club still owned by Hyatt or have they spun off like Marriott and Starwood?
HRC hasn't been owned by Hyatt for years. I believe HRC is now owned by Marriott Vacation Clubs, which is a separate publicly traded company from Marriott International.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Do you earn status/points with Hyatt or with Marriott then?
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:00 pm
formerly smoaky

Anyone know if New York state residents can take advantage of HRC Maui offers? I'd seen somewhere else (and old post here) that we are ineligible.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by cfabar1
Do you earn status/points with Hyatt or with Marriott then?
As long as it's a paid stay and not a special rate (like timeshare offer), then yes you will earn Hyatt night credit and points.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by smoaky
Anyone know if New York state residents can take advantage of HRC Maui offers? I'd seen somewhere else (and old post here) that we are ineligible.
Here's an offer - I don't see T&C excluding NY residents.

https://www.hyattresidenceclub.com/b...rs?property=18
Old Jul 3, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skj
HRC hasn't been owned by Hyatt for years. I believe HRC is now owned by Marriott Vacation Clubs, which is a separate publicly traded company from Marriott International.
Yes, MVCI develop timeshare (vacation club) properties sold under Hyatt and Marriott brands. MVCI is a public company NOT affiliated with Marriott Hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.