Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt + Amex Fine hotel and resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt + Amex Fine hotel and resorts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by rabido
I’ll let you know how I fare (staying at the Andaz Maui in a couple of weeks), The sixth night free deal that FHR was offering was a great deal compared to booking direct, even as globalist.
rabido, to confirm, when you booked through FHR and stayed at that property you received WOH stay and points credit, correct? Another poster said they were told FHR was not an eligible rate, but I think that meant “not eligible for waived resort fees” as opposed to “not eligible for any WOH credit.” Leaving aside waived resort fees (I am not a Glabalist .... yet) I want to be sure I get the proper stay and points if I book through FHR.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 9:25 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by eamus

rabido, to confirm, when you booked through FHR and stayed at that property you received WOH stay and points credit, correct?
The FHR rate is for sure a valid rate for stay and point credit.... you might want to look into Hyatt's own Prive program that is discussed here and on a lot of blogs lately
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:13 am

Many thanks!
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by eamus
rabido, to confirm, when you booked through FHR and stayed at that property you received WOH stay and points credit, correct? Another poster said they were told FHR was not an eligible rate, but I think that meant “not eligible for waived resort fees” as opposed to “not eligible for any WOH credit.” Leaving aside waived resort fees (I am not a Glabalist .... yet) I want to be sure I get the proper stay and points if I book through FHR.
I can't speak as to the Andaz Maui specifically, but I've never failed to get points/stay credit at Hyatt (or any of the chains) when booking via FHR and entering my FF# in the FHR reservation. If you want to be extra careful, you can reconfirm your FF# is on the reservation at check-in but even that's never been necessary in my experience.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:32 pm

My issue was with the room upgrade. I did get the resort fee waived and access to the lounge as a globalist. The front desk agent said that with FHR bookings they typically only upgrade one category up from the room booked. I said ok that's fine but what about my Globalist status and the fact that standard suites how available on Hyatt. The response was no suites are available but that my upgrade to a suite would not apply since I did not book direct with Hyatt and was not an eligible rate. It did not make much sense considering I got the other globalist benefits.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Let's see I'll try and use the FHR rate at Park Hyatt Beijing next week. Usually a difficult hotel.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by slm9555
My issue was with the room upgrade. I did get the resort fee waived and access to the lounge as a globalist. The front desk agent said that with FHR bookings they typically only upgrade one category up from the room booked. I said ok that's fine but what about my Globalist status and the fact that standard suites how available on Hyatt. The response was no suites are available but that my upgrade to a suite would not apply since I did not book direct with Hyatt and was not an eligible rate. It did not make much sense considering I got the other globalist benefits.
I was under the impression that Amex FHR rates are generally eligible rates for Hyatt GP/WOH credit and also when it comes to all Hyatt loyalty program status benefits. It seems like that the Indian Wells property needed to get its act together.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I just stayed at Royal Palms on a stay 3, pay for 2 FHR rate. It's now posted, and I only got stay credit for 2 nights. That doesn't seem right - anyone have experience with this, either on an FHR rate or one of the stay 3 pay for 2 Prive rates?
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:30 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I just stayed at Royal Palms on a stay 3, pay for 2 FHR rate. It's now posted, and I only got stay credit for 2 nights. That doesn't seem right - anyone have experience with this, either on an FHR rate or one of the stay 3 pay for 2 Prive rates?
No experience with FHR, but one only gets credit for 2 nights on a Prive or other Hyatt "3 for 2" rate. It's usually pretty clear in the reservation which will show the actual per night rate for the first 2 nights and a $0.00 rate for the third night.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's how Hyatt handles all types of Stay X get Y nights free rates. Any paid night with a $0 rate doesn't count as an eligible night. That's been consistent with standard Hyatt promotions, Prive promotions and FHR.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 2:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks for the responses. So I'm one night further from Globalist than I thought.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 5:27 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
How do I find the reservation number for a Hotel Collection Booking to connect it to Hyatt? should I call Amex?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.