Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Jeff Zidell replacement announced - Mark Vondrasek To Deepen Loyalty Engagement And A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jeff Zidell replacement announced - Mark Vondrasek To Deepen Loyalty Engagement And A

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
New blood should bring in new ideas. Canning this stupid WOH program might bring me back.
synd likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Why don't we celebrate this new hire with a promotion? I can get over the dumb names, but I really struggle staying loyal to a program where my points earnings are less than a quarter of what they used to be.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Marriott's loss is Hyatt's gain!

My guess is Mark will really help bring Hyatt into the 21st century in terms of website, technology, efficent systems, etc. that helps both customers and the company iteself. Those are areas Hyatt really has been lagging.

Perhaps he will bring some of the great (former) SPG people with him to run the troubled Hyatt loyalty program itself?
bigguyinpasadena likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
The biggest change I would like to see is to instill a culture in Hyatt where the guest is treated as a guest. Not an unwelcome encroachment on the employee.

Loyalty program reps could go to bat for the guest, kind of like TAs, say in instances where the property is wrong, refuses to follow program rules, is difficult to reach, etc. (See the SPG forum for examples, particularly going back further in time.)

Get rid of these - It makes the loyalty program look like it's going against the guest - Counter-intuitive way of inducing loyalty?
Originally Posted by Kacee
Originally Posted by carmy
Today: We've been told to align with WoH standards, which is breakfast only in the club. We'd like to still offer the cafe, but we've been told to stop.
Sounds legit to me based on what I was told several visits back about management's desire to differentiate their property by offering breakfast to Diamonds in the restaurant.

There have been other reports of corporate cracking down on properties that exceed the published benefits.
If untrue, Hyatt should say so when their reps see it. We know this forum and other social media is monitored and the messages read. Staying silent = admission.

I still remember, back in the day, SPG reps going to bat for me when properties decide to violate the program terms. Things like that cultivate a deep sense of loyalty to the chain and makes it easy to write off errant properties as outliers. Not the other way around. Now that Marriott is about to ruin SPG, it's a good opportunity for Hyatt to be the next SPG.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by pWei
The biggest change I would like to see is to instill a culture in Hyatt where the guest is treated as a guest. Not an unwelcome encroachment on the employee.
At one particular property, I was treated as a guest. But the problem was that by happenstance, overhearing a conversation, I discovered that staff attitude behind the scene was anything but respectful.

Even though I was treated as a guest, it was so disingenuous I would have rather they just treated me like crap and been honest about it. Never been back.
peteropny and notquiteaff like this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:48 pm
formerly a193991
Original Poster
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Mark Vondrasek promoted to Chief Commercial Officer. I guess some of the WOH improvements can be credited to him.

Hyatt Newsroom - News Releases

Added Organizational Changes Advance Streamlined Operations and Development Structure

CHICAGO (February 26, 2018) Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) today announced the appointment of Mark Vondrasek as the companys chief commercial officer. In this role, Vondrasek will be responsible for the previously announced commercial services organization driving guest and customer engagement functions while working across the organization to enhance the frequency and level of engagement with guests. Vondrasek will assume his new role effective March 1, 2018, continuing to report to Mark Hoplamazian, president and chief executive officer.

Marks track record as a transformational leader, his past experience and recent success in accelerating the World of Hyatt loyalty program make him uniquely qualified for this role, said Hoplamazian. His ability to identify and advance innovative ideas that deepen relationships with customers is vital to our experience-based growth strategy.

Vondrasek will continue to oversee the World of Hyatt loyalty platform as well as new growth platforms, including Miraval and exhale, along with global sales, revenue management, distribution strategy, corporate marketing, brands, communications, digital, consumer insights and global contact centers. Information technology will report into Alex Zoghlin, global head of data strategy, innovation and technology.

Hyatt further announced Jim Chu has been selected as global head of development and owner relations to maintain and enhance the momentum in new hotel development around the world, continuing to report to Chuck Floyd, global president of operations. Building on the previously announced streamlined structure for full service and select service operations, managed and franchised operations and development will reside within each region.

Additionally, James Francque has been appointed head of transactions, focusing on new investment opportunities for the company, and reporting to Mark Hoplamazian.

I am extremely grateful to have a team of versatile leaders equipped to lead across a variety of areas within our business, said Hoplamazian. This new organizational structure will help accelerate our growth and position us to practice the agility and adaptability that is essential to our future.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Item #1 on my wish list:

Create a real BRG program (like SPG/Marriott's) to replace the current dishonest/shameful one
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:53 pm

Really? They should just do away with it. They obviously don't want to have one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.