Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:50 pm

I just finished a 3-night stay at this property and things may have changed a little bit. For context about me:
1) I never knew the hotel world before covid so I don't know what the golden olden days were like.
2) I'm a glob lite (yes, one of those that got to Glob staying 8 nights at Hyatt, so sue me
3) I'm not familiar with specific quirks and features of Hyatt hotels. I still can't figure out what a Regency Club is.

For context about this stay:
1) I initially stayed at this property at the beginning of the year as part of my mattress run. Back then my wife used spa services twice.
2) The rate I paid was standard - 10% off. Many ppl (incl. myself) were booking rooms to hide from the heat wave in the region.
3) I'm a local so this was just a nice weekend staycation (no concern about getting to Seattle / Bellevue).

I had booked a 2 Queen Lake View. I checked in using the app requesting both early check in at 2 PM and late check out at 4 PM. Upon arrival I was upgraded (without asking) to what felt like a Prive reservation:
a) Moved (upgraded?) to lake view room (not suite) in the 12th floor (top floor)
b) Complimentary bottle of wine
c) Complimentary $50 for expenses at the hotel.
d) Complimentary breakfast at Water's Table restaurant (NOT the Market)
The welcome letter was signed by the property GM.

This was my first unrequested upgrade at Hyatt and I loved it.

Pool was open by reservation. It initially had a 12 person limit, which was then raised to 24. I definitely liked it better when capped at 12
Sauna was closed.
Service was as expected, not more not less (their newest employee was great and made me feel special, though)

My family loved the stay, we'll do it again next time we need a weekend getaway. Great without any upgrade, awesome with them.
DELee, HaleiwaFlyer and pmblinn like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by moyafmx
The welcome letter was signed by the property GM.
Pina? Giving away free stuff?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yep. Some staff was also surprised by it. AFAIC I didn't have any of this background and I'm very grateful.
Old Sep 3, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just finished a 4-night stay here. Booked a base King room and used a TSU to get an Executive Suite. My room was on the southeast corner of the hotel with windows facing the front and the side overlooking the condos and part of the lake.

The Regency Club is still closed, so breakfast was in the form of a $25 credit each morning at the Market. You can use it for anything (drinks, snacks, etc.) which was handy.

The room was nice and I appreciated the extra space. I wish I had a better view of the lake like my last time here when they upgraded me to the deluxe lake view. But it’s a trade off.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:15 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
+1 and I finished a two night stay and was pretty happy. I booked an Executive Lake View Suite as that was the top of what I was willing to pay and was very happy that I did. I'll try and cover some of the questions posted upthread.

I used the mobile app to check in and put my arrival time as 1700, an hour after the official check in time. The screen quickly flashed "Room 401" before going to the "we will notify you when your room is ready screen." When I arrived a little after 1700, I was told the cleaners were *just* starting on my room. I was a little steamed, but I let them off the hook by just asking them to hold our bags while we went out to a friend's house for dinner, giving them an extra four hours or so. I got an alert in the app around 1900 that our room was ready and we were now in Room 701. When I returned to collect our bags and keys, I was told they moved us into a nicer room and also were giving us a $30 food and beverage credit that turned into a $30 hard credit when I didn't use any of the restaurants on the property. I was pretty annoyed to find that in the shuffle, my confirmed request for feather-free bedding was forgotten; trying to get that straightened out late at night after a transcon flight and several adult beverages with friends was not my idea of a good time.

The "-01" suites are on the park side; I think the Boeing side ones end in "-63." The suites on the sixth and seventh floor are better than the ones on the lower floors in that they have larger pane windows (that do not open) and the room appears to be a tad (maybe 2') bit wider. The suite shares a foyer with the corner king next to it so a super-suite can be made. The bathrooms had two sinks and a large walk-in shower (and no separate tub) and Pharmacopia products. There's a small bar fridge in the wet bar area and two free bottles of Smartwater ($5 each) per day for Explorists and above. The was a K-Cup machine and electric kettle for use as well.

Adjacent to the bed was a small workspace with a desk lamp and chair that could be used as a computer desk. There wasn’t anything in the living room that could be used as a desk other than a small coffee table.

This is from Hyatt’s website; note the different windows from my photo below.

Sixth and Seventh floor Executive Lake View Suites are shown in the above as the silver-framed boxes on the façade.

We really enjoyed the view of the lake; I brought a pair of binoculars that we used to view the ducks, geese, coots, gulls and cormorants outside, along with some metallic birds flying into Renton and SEA. The highlight was a bald eagle that was hanging out in the trees of the Boeing ramp and came out now and then to swoop around and cause general havoc with the other birds. We also took advantage of the free weekend self-parking in the parking structure that's now connected to the hotel's bottom floor, just past the swimming pool. I only had to pay for my exit on Monday (Columbus Day, but it wasn't a parking holiday in the garage, it would seem). There were plenty of spaces and the garage seemed well-lit and safe.

The location totally worked for us; we spent most of our time in Kent, Renton, Tukwila, and Burien and didn't venture up into Seattle or Bellevue. Pluses were the newness of the property and great views of the park and lake, along with walking around the shoreline. Also great were the many food options in the area and easy travel to/from SEA via rental car and free weekend self-parking in a huge garage that is connected to the hotel. Minuses were the failures in check-in, bedding, and some noise at night from the music at the hotel's cantina. Also, as stated above, the Regency Club is still closed for the foreseeable future. Finally, the portion of the Boeing tarmac closest to the hotel is being redone so there weren't any aircraft easily-spotted.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and spring for the Lake View Suite if the prices aren't too outrageous.

FYI, based on recent responses on TripAdvisor, she is no longer the GM of this property.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Oct 26, 2021 at 5:50 pm
Old Dec 19, 2021, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Any recent stays that can provide feedback on Globalist breakfast and/or Club opening? Trying to decide if I'll burn an expiring Cat 1-4 on a staycation.

EDIT: Just called. Regency Club is now open, but breakfast is served at the full restaurant (Water's Table). There are small snacks and beverages in the Club (but no hot items) all day.

Also, from the website it says the following:
  • Limited service available - Spa (appointment required), Housekeeping; Water
Does "water" mean pool? Waterfront activities?

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Dec 19, 2021 at 11:14 pm
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Any recent stays that can provide feedback on Globalist breakfast and/or Club opening? Trying to decide if I'll burn an expiring Cat 1-4 on a staycation.

EDIT: Just called. Regency Club is now open, but breakfast is served at the full restaurant (Water's Table). There are small snacks and beverages in the Club (but no hot items) all day.

Also, from the website it says the following:
  • Limited service available - Spa (appointment required), Housekeeping; Water
Does "water" mean pool? Waterfront activities?
Yes, breakfast in restaurant and the club is also open with beverages and packaged items. Presumably "water" means bottled water in the rooms.

Note that there is currently significant construction on the dock behind the hotel. This is the only time you want a room on the other side of the building (executive suite with park view is the call IMO).
Single_Flyer likes this.

Last edited by Kacee; Dec 20, 2021 at 11:11 am
Old Dec 22, 2021, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Just finished a one night stay to use up a Cat 1-4 cert. Overall, underwhelmed by the property to be honest.

I was upgraded as a Globalist to a Lake View Room even though standard suites were still for sale on the website. I pointed this out and the agent (who was obviously new) was sure that there were no suites available. After I pushed a bit more (so annoying to have to do that), she said, "oh yeah, there is one left but it has a bad view". I said I would stick with the lake view king. I was told that no standard suites at the hotel have lake views. Looking at the website, I now see that there is a category called "Executive Lake View Suite" that is noted as a premium suite. Not sure if that is new? Apparently if you are a Globalist, the most they will upgrade you is to an Executive Suite with no view so by default instead they upgrade Globalists to lake view (non-suite) rooms.

I wish I had taken the suite. The room I was given (1001) was TINY. No way it was 330 sq ft as advertised on the website. It did have a great view though. When I checked out I asked about it; apparent "Lake View King" is the smallest of any room type (smaller than a standard king room).

Parking is across the street (or through the tunnel) and $16/day but free if Glob booking a free night. However, no one at the front desk could figure out how to code it so you didn't have to pay. The first time I tried to leave to drive to dinner, the gate in the garage said I owed $10 even though I had the desk agent "validate" it. I had to park and run back in to the hotel. The front desk staff didn't apologize at all, and acted like somehow it was my fault. I went back out to the car and this time it worked -- but it ate the ticket so when I returned I had to get a new one and get it validated again.

Breakfast at Water's Table is excellent. The Regency Club is open but only soft drinks and a few prepackaged snacks.

​​​​​​​They are doing some work on the dock/waterfront area right now, I was told there are hopes that this summer they will offers some water actives (like kayaking).

Overall would probably not stay there again based on the service and small room I received. My full review is here: https://singleflyer.com/2021/12/22/h...thport-review/
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:10 pm

I was upgraded as a Globalist to a Lake View Room even though standard suites were still for sale on the website. I pointed this out and the agent (who was obviously new) was sure that there were no suites available. After I pushed a bit more (so annoying to have to do that), she said, "oh yeah, there is one left but it has a bad view". I said I would stick with the lake view king. I was told that no standard suites at the hotel have lake views. Looking at the website, I now see that there is a category called "Executive Lake View Suite" that is noted as a premium suite. Not sure if that is new? Apparently if you are a Globalist, the most they will upgrade you is to an Executive Suite with no view so by default instead they upgrade Globalists to lake view (non-suite) rooms.

I wish I had taken the suite. The room I was given (1001) was TINY. No way it was 330 sq ft as advertised on the website. It did have a great view though. When I checked out I asked about it; apparent "Lake View King" is the smallest of any room type (smaller than a standard king room).
Sounds like you had an inexperienced FDA.

The standard suite is the Regency Suite, which overlooks the front drive. There are a number of different types of premium suites with lake views. As a regular guest, I'm treated very well and was upgraded to a premium suite (Executive) last visit (using a Cat 1-4). In general, they know that I'd prefer Lake View Deluxe (non-suite) over the Regency Suite. Lake View Deluxe is basically a jr. suite, and it's a really nice room.
Parking is across the street (or through the tunnel) and $16/day but free if Glob booking a free night. However, no one at the front desk could figure out how to code it so you didn't have to pay.
I've always used valet here (which is free on an award). The valets are great. If you ask, they'll generally leave your car out front.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
First time this location, full Globalist with 135 Hyatt nights in 2021. Booked Lake View Corner Suite ($322/nt), received the same. No upgrade to Presidential Suite which was available for booking on the website evening of arrival (+$250 higher rate). I'm upgraded into premium suites at other Hyatts all the time.

None of the items in my profile were set up in the room: No extra water, no extra towels. No robes or slippers in room, had to call down and ask for them. Not one glass or cup in bathroom. Only one floor mat in bathroom in spite of very large floor area. Only one phone in room (bedroom) in spite of it being 1000 Sqft.

There was nothing in the way of a welcome amenity in-room, would have been nice to have fruit or snacks after 24 hours of international travel.

I travel too much and know too well how a great property is run and this is definitely not a great property in regard to soft product and service.

A shame, the room itself is nice.

Not worth the hassle/expense of a ride over here from SEA, far better off just staying at hotel row in front of airport.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
First time this location, full Globalist with 135 Hyatt nights in 2021. Booked Lake View Corner Suite ($322/nt), received the same. No upgrade to Presidential Suite which was available for booking on the website evening of arrival (+$250 higher rate).
I'd rather have the Lake View Corner. Presidential Suite has an obstructed view and the terrace isn't much use in January.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I'd rather have the Lake View Corner. Presidential Suite has an obstructed view and the terrace isn't much use in January.
Good to know, thank you for the feedback.

Positive followup- they pulled off all food charges at check out without asking so I give credit for that gesture 👍
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
New Destination Fee

Staying here now and was informed they will now be charging a destination fee which includes various amenities (see photo)
$20/night now but it goes up to $35/night during summer months…

Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IntlSalesGuy
Staying here now and was informed they will now be charging a destination fee which includes various amenities (see photo)
$20/night now but it goes up to $35/night during summer months…

Sorry. I had to do it - especially for the increase during the summer months.

Sheesh.

David
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Any recent stays here and updates about the Regency Club, whether open or not? Also Globalist breakfast offerings? Thinking of using a free night award in the near future. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.