FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1855027-hyatt-regency-lake-washington-seattle-wa-area-review-master-thread.html)

Single_Flyer Jul 19, 2017 11:45 am

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Hyatt Regency Lake Washington is now open.

https://lakewashington.regency.hyatt...otel/home.html

IggySD Jul 23, 2017 10:06 am

I have a stay booked for early August. Will provide some info then if I'm the first.

smilee Sep 4, 2017 9:23 am

Just completed a two night stay.

The rates were pretty reasonable so I selected this hotel over the Hyatt Regency in Bellevue.

Overall the stay was good, and I feel this is a pretty good alternative to the Bellevue hotel. Hotel is brand new, very clean and modern, and a nice waterfront location. It borders a nice state park which was great for the kids. In fact the weather was great so we spent much of our time at the park swimming in the lake and enjoying the park.

First impression was put off by the mandatory valet parking. So don't forget that your stay will be a little more expensive then the list price when you add this parking charge too. There is no where to self park.

The Regency Club is a beautiful room with glorious waterfront views. In fact I would argue this is one of the nicest Regency Club spaces. However the food and lack of offerings was one of the poorest in the chain. Hopefully just some growing pains, but the food quality was poor. Often the tasty food in the lounge encourages me to try out the restaurant. At this hotel it did the opposite. The restaurant is waterfront, and looked like a great place to eat at. Sorry I didn't take pictures in the lounge, as the space is beautiful.

View from the front of the hotel
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...waterfront.jpg

Room
The room was a little disappointing. Possibly tainted as I arrived at 6pm, and when I was checking in, I noticed how nice the waterfront view was. As a Globalist, this was the room view I got. Bathroom was very small and I didn't like the layout. Other then that, a pretty standard Hyatt Regency hotel room.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...hyatt-view.jpg

Gym/Pool
The gym and pool are very nice. The gym also has beautiful waterfront views. The pool is great and also has a hot tub.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...hyatt-pool.jpg

Overall a nice hotel, especially if the price is not too high. I actually think the area of Renton next to the park is a bonus in the summer with kids. Unfortunately it is sort of out of the way unless you want to be next to Boeing and the Renton airport.

Pros
New hotel
Beautiful Regency Club space - food offerings poor
Location - if kids want to play in the park

Cons
Mandatory Valet parking ($25 I think extra)
Location - not much in the area within walking distance

IggySD Sep 4, 2017 10:05 am

I stayed here a few weeks ago and had written a brief review but somehow I messed it up and it never posted. Agree regarding the valet parking. $30 is a bit steep for the location and unfortunately there really are no self parking options in the area.

Sounds like I had a completely different room though, I had a nice lake view although it was smoky that day from the BC fires. My bathroom was huge though, it was the room itself that seemed small. It also had no desk nor proper closet, just an open structure in the corner with a few hangers and ironing board.

Lounge was closed for some reason when I was there and I was given two vouchers for the snack coffee store where I had a quite tasty cheese plate. I'm not a breakfast eater so didn't try that but sounds like I may not have missed too much.

I much prefer the Bellevue location if not staying in downtown but that is in large part because the rooms there are normal and have a desk...

They did have CO Bigelow toiletries which I much prefer to the KenetMD stuff but they were also in wall dispensers which screams cheapness to me.

Agree on the location - it's pretty awful. There seem to be a bunch of new hotels in the area as well as more being built though so maybe in a few years it will be better. As of now though I'd need to be pretty desperate for a Hyatt stay to choose this one again.

The Weekly Flyer Sep 4, 2017 3:29 pm

I just completed a stay here this weekend and agree with the others that it's a great hotel. It's brand new and the rooms are spacious. The Regency Club located on the lobby floor is nice and offers great lake views.

The biggest negative with this hotel is the location, however it seems that more development is in the process of being built near the property. If the hotel would like to make this a more attractive option for those coming to Seattle, they should consider offering complimentary shuttle service to/from Downtown Seattle.

You can check out my full review with pictures of the hotel.

Jimgotkp Sep 4, 2017 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by The Weekly Flyer (Post 28776116)
If the hotel would like to make this a more attractive option for those coming to Seattle, they should consider offering complimentary shuttle service to/from Downtown Seattle.

That will never happen. Shuttle service to/from Bellevue/Redmond is more realistic but even then it's unlikely to happen since the travel time is going to be ridiculous most of the day as 405 is so congested nowadays.

Single_Flyer Sep 4, 2017 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp (Post 28776915)
That will never happen. Shuttle service to/from Bellevue/Redmond is more realistic but even then it's unlikely to happen since the travel time is going to be ridiculous most of the day as 405 is so congested nowadays.

I assume the offer free shuttle to/from Seatac? If not, that is missing a huge bet as it is only a few miles from the airport.

Also, for aviation geeks, it is right by Renton Field (as you can see a 737 in one of the reviewers photos above).

michellt Sep 5, 2017 1:25 pm

Gorgeous hotel, super fun for aviation geeks to watch Boeing planes be built and painted right next door, lovely park on the other side of the hotel.

Despite being not within walking distance of any retail or dining, this hotel offers no self parking and valet was $26 -- website says it's cheaper on weekends but that wasn't the case when we were there on a Saturday night. Super nuts. That's downtown Seattle rates to park in Renton. They need to fix this piece to earn my business.

VA1379 Oct 25, 2017 8:06 am

Has anyone stayed here recently? I am curious about the evening offerings in the Regency Club, and if there has been any improvement there.

leisure warrior Oct 26, 2017 10:41 pm

I stayed there about 10 days ago. Arrived late and upgraded to a "Terrace Suite" which was huge, beautiful and had a private terrace with lounge furniture. Unfortunately, I left fairly early the next morning. I did get breakfast on the lounge,which was a lovely space. Breakfast choices were reasonable but not extraordinary. One odd thing: very little anything on the walls (no art, posters, etc.) which makes the rooms SEEM a bit spartan. I asked the front desk and they were very aware, stating that the owner is lookking for suitable wall art.

As noted previously, it's a beautiful property in a somewhat difficult location. The lack of self-parking was a big negative for me. There is a lot of new construction in the immediate area. Hopefully one of the structures being built will have a regular pay garage.

VA1379 Oct 28, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks for the update. It sounds like this hotel puts a lot more emphasis on having a good hard product versus having a better club lounge. I’m going to stick with my cash and points stay at the Hyatt House for my first night instead.

cmanc Nov 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Quick review, stayed 2 nights recently and echo comments made so far. Location is great for Boeing but not so good for Seattle or Bellevue. There is easy access to I-405 but its always busy and expect 30m+ to get to Bellevue or Seattle. There are places to eat/shop within walking distance at the Renton Landing area, with the construction you have to take long way round so expect 15min walking time. Hard product is good but service is average. Did online check-in, had to wait 10mins for front desk, only 2 people working and only 2 people in front of me so pretty slow service. The valet is a mess, they try hard but especially one evening there was an event on at the ballroom and 30 plus people in line to get their car. Don't understand how/why they designed it with no self-parking at open. Understand it's coming when construction finishes but its a pretty big deal when you are waiting in line for 30mins to get your car. Lounge offering was poor, breakfast was very basic (oatmeal, scrambled eggs, some fruit, breads and cereal) and evening was 2 hot dishes, soup with poor selection of cheese & crackers, veggies. No atmosphere in the lounge and it even though it was not busy they ran out of food in at 6pm and had to wait 20 mins for them to refill.

All in all I'd be hard pressed to recommend, there are numerous other options in Seattle or Bellevue. Sure if you have business at the Boeing factory in Renton then stay otherwise I'd go to one of the other better Hyatt options).

PortlySpartacus Dec 6, 2017 2:53 pm

***** Note to moderator - add a link to this hotel in the Wiki pages for Hyatt hotel locations *****

Just completed a stay here. Echo many of the comments above. Here is my pro/con list :

Pro:
  • Right next to the Boeing 737 plant, my corner room had a view of brand new 737's coming out of the factory (my friend thought that view made it look to industrial, I loved it)
  • Water view - since I had a corner room my other view, in addition to the 737's, was looking north over the lake, Mercer island, city skyline in the distance, and the Olympic mountain range
  • Regency Club - its very very large and with a great view on the main floor. I found the dinner appetizers and breakfast to be just fine. One night they had steak medallions served over polenta and it was really quite good
  • Smart elevators - you touch a display panel with the floor you want and it directs you to the right lift
  • Close to airport, within 10 minutes
  • Hard product is really impressive : the indoor saltwater lap pool, the Jacuzzi, the steam room in the mens locker room, the huge fitness center with beautiful view of the lake, the yoga room, etc...
  • Nice park next door to the hotel
  • Valet parking - yes its your only parking option but you can text/call in advance to have your car waiting for you. I did this every day, texted from my room 10 minutes before leaving and my car was waiting for me, so just do this in advance.....$16/day on weekends, $26 on weekdays. That's not a pro, its just what it is
Cons:
  • The entire area is under massive construction. High rise apartments being built, shopping, road rerouting and repairs. My GPS didn't find the place accurately at first due to the winding road coming in off Lake Washington Blvd. The construction didn't bother me but its a work zone. Will be nice and fancy in a few years all around there but a demolition zone right now
  • Valet parking is the only option and no airport shuttle or proximity to light rail
  • If you need to get to Bellevue/Redmond area in the morning, the traffic is nasty on the 405. And if you are returning to the hotel from that area at 5pm in the afternoon, yikes, plan on 1 hour in your car. But, that could be said for just about anywhere in the greater Seattle area at that time
  • Very small work desk area in the room. Basically, just a little landing area built off of the wall with a chair. I went down to the RC to work
Overall, its a great hotel with beautiful views of the lake and surrounding area to the North and West. Just be aware of location, construction, and valet only parking options but as was stated earlier in the thread, best physical RC I've ever been to.

DaveH Dec 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Great review, PortlySpartacus--thanks for posting. Sounds like they are trying to up their game, especially in the Club.

I called, and they are trying hard to get a parking facility completed. They have no parking benefit for globalists now because the facility they work with is a 3d party.

Has anyone parked off site within a reasonable walk? With its proximity to Renton and the shopping districts there, it might not be too difficult to find free street parking if one's willing to walk.

DaveH Apr 2, 2018 10:07 pm

Surprised no reports in 3+ months...

They do now offer parking in their own lot. Free on weekends, $16 on weeknight. Their front desk person I reached by phone tonight told me it isn't waived for globalists, which is unfortunate.