Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Lake Washington (Seattle WA area) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by DELee
"I'd like a room that overlooks the factory, please".

David
Actually for AVGeeks (people who love planes) it's pretty cool.... there are lots of rooms that face it AND the water both... those are the best ones IMHO.
relidtm and PortlySpartacus like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Actually for AVGeeks (people who love planes) it's pretty cool.... there are lots of rooms that face it AND the water both... those are the best ones IMHO.
Don't let Pina know - she might say that Globalists don't deserve them.

David
Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Don't let Pina know - she might say that Globalists don't deserve them.
Maybe if I started requested Boeing side, I'd finally get one on the park corner instead.
MSPeconomist and DELee like this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Boeing is right next door. The west side of the building overlooks one of their hangars.
Originally Posted by txhyattlvr
Where EVERY 737 and 757 flying today was built... I think few travelers understand the historical significance of that factory...
Oh, you mean _that_ factory...

David
Old Sep 9, 2020, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe if I started requested Boeing side, I'd finally get one on the park corner instead.
Zooming out a skosh...this park?

David
Old Sep 9, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Zooming out a skosh...this park?

Yeah it looks better at ground level, especially now the construction is complete

They've been doing early morning construction on the apron in front of the hangar on the Boeing side, which makes the park side far preferable IMO.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Considering a weeklong stay here in February using the Work from Hyatt package. A few questions for regulars and/or locals:

1. Is winter in the area as bad as they make it out to be? I don't really mind the bleary, rainy weather, as long as the rain is not consistent and I can go out for a walk in ~45-50 degree weather every day. Gray skies over the lake and cool weather would make for a cozy feel, I must say.
2. Which rooms/suites, if any, have proper desks? Of the stock photos on the hotel website, seems like the standard rooms have a tiny ledge under the TV that they pass for as a desk, which wouldn't really cut it if I am to be working there for a week.
3. Which rooms/suites have the separate shower and soaking tub?
4. Some of the premium suites look quite nice, but based on some data points from last year it looks like I might have to book those directly. Have any Globalists applied a TSU to confirm a standard suite (which appears to be a non-lakeview executive suite) and gotten a further upgrade to one of those premium suites?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
Considering a weeklong stay here in February using the Work from Hyatt package. A few questions for regulars and/or locals:

1. Is winter in the area as bad as they make it out to be? I don't really mind the bleary, rainy weather, as long as the rain is not consistent and I can go out for a walk in ~45-50 degree weather every day. Gray skies over the lake and cool weather would make for a cozy feel, I must say.
2. Which rooms/suites, if any, have proper desks? Of the stock photos on the hotel website, seems like the standard rooms have a tiny ledge under the TV that they pass for as a desk, which wouldn't really cut it if I am to be working there for a week.
3. Which rooms/suites have the separate shower and soaking tub?
4. Some of the premium suites look quite nice, but based on some data points from last year it looks like I might have to book those directly. Have any Globalists applied a TSU to confirm a standard suite (which appears to be a non-lakeview executive suite) and gotten a further upgrade to one of those premium suites?

Thanks in advance!
Pre-pandemic days as a Globalist I always got upgraded to a suite that overlooked the Boeing factory and also a view of the lake. The type of suite I was upgraded to never had a soaking tub but did have a seperate living room area. That said, it was a tiny desk ledge under the TV. Worked for a few hours of work. There was also a small table stand I could pull over to the couch or chair to work from but again, not something I would want to do for the entire day.

My favorite part of the hotel is the Regency club, its huge. That would be an ideal work area if open and not crowded. Its an open area but there are nooks and sections of the club that could work for setting up shop for the day if they would allow that.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 5:13 pm

Which rooms/suites, if any, have proper desks? Of the stock photos on the hotel website, seems like the standard rooms have a tiny ledge under the TV that they pass for as a desk, which wouldn't really cut it if I am to be working there for a week.
Only the Lakeview Corner and higher, which have a full dining table.
Which rooms/suites have the separate shower and soaking tub?
All rooms. The baths here are quite nice.
Some of the premium suites look quite nice, but based on some data points from last year it looks like I might have to book those directly.
Can't speak to the upgrades personally, but the word is that they are tight on Globalist upgrades. I'd rather have a Lakeview Deluxe than an Executive Suite. The Lakeview Corner Suites are very nice.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't speak to the upgrades personally, but the word is that they are tight on Globalist upgrades. I'd rather have a Lakeview Deluxe than an Executive Suite. The Lakeview Corner Suites are very nice.
Remember if you read back to the posts mid-2019 and onward in this thread (start at #25), the GM is not a fan of offering upgrades to suites.

David
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:24 pm

Remember if you read back to the posts mid-2019 and onward in this thread (start at #25), the GM is not a fan of offering upgrades to suites.
Or at least not to anything better than the Executive Suite with valet parking view.

The rates have been low enough during COVID that it's not that much of a splurge to book a premium suite on a cash rate.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
All rooms. The baths here are quite nice.
Can't speak to the upgrades personally, but the word is that they are tight on Globalist upgrades.
The base rooms don't have tubs. Have had a few stays here and have only been upgraded to a partial lake view (which also didn't have a tub).

It's been a few months since I've been there, but they were also pretty stingy on the breakfast benefit for Globalists. From what I remember, it was <$10/day, so when I had the temerity to get a hot item at the Market, it wasn't fully covered.

The rates have been low enough during COVID that it's not that much of a splurge to book a premium suite on a cash rate.
Agree that the rates here aren't bad, and the rooms themselves are in pretty good condition.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One of y'all who stay here and actually get some view rooms (with or without Pupero's overbearing graces) should post a few pics.

David
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by econ
The base rooms don't have tubs. Have had a few stays here and have only been upgraded to a partial lake view (which also didn't have a tub).
Ah thanks for the clarification. I've always stayed lakeview deluxe or higher.

Originally Posted by econ
It's been a few months since I've been there, but they were also pretty stingy on the breakfast benefit for Globalists. From what I remember, it was <$10/day, so when I had the temerity to get a hot item at the Market, it wasn't fully covered.
This is definitely not a property you to come to for the elite benefits. The selling points are hard product and location, both of which I really really like.
One of y'all who stay here and actually get some view rooms (with or without Pupero's overbearing graces) should post a few pics.
I believe this is from a Lakeview Deluxe room on 8th Floor (note lights of downtown Seattle in the distance):

This is from the terrace of what they call the Presidential Suite on the 5th Floor (iPhone panorama):

DELee likes this.

Last edited by Kacee; Jan 5, 2021 at 8:24 am
Old Jan 5, 2021, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life

Normally you can take that walk (I live in Seattle and walk almost every day). The past week or so, it's been clear/dry for very little of the day. The walk has been canceled for us a couple of times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.