Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Eligible Spend on Nights using points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold

Does anyone know how Hyatt determines the amount of Eligible Spend is assigned to a room when the room is booked with points and there are no charges to the room? My last 2 stays were completely paid with points with no additional charges. On both occasions I earned points based upon an "Eligible Spend" amount that I didn't actually spend, plus various bonuses. Usually its a small amount ($70/night), but my last stay was a lot more (almost $1,000 for a 2 night stay).

The reason I'm asking is I have an upcoming 6 night stay and I'm debating on using all points or cash+points. In my past experience if I do C+P I earn points on the Cash portion only. If I use all points it seems like I earn points for that too. Just trying to estimate how much that might be so I can do the math and figure out if I should use all points or C+P.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:14 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Eligible Spend - how is it calculated?
Old Jun 11, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You aren't supposed to earn points for points-only stays. You got lucky, but shouldn't really plan on it happening in the future.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:10 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
you earn points for e.g. F&B charged to the room, even on award nights.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by beads97
Does anyone know how Hyatt determines the amount of Eligible Spend is assigned to a room when the room is booked with points and there are no charges to the room?
If that happened, it was an error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.