Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: martyYYZ
Link to signup: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trialtier.html
Link for promo through Feb, 2021 https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/wohpromotions/trial-tier-offer.html
Print Wikipost

Globalist Status - Now only 20 nights (targeted)!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I used the offer and it worked fine from a sign up angle. Email came 1-2 days delayed though and ended up in our spam filter so look out.

After using the verification link in the email I saw some verbiage talking about McKinsey as the company targeted. Status update was reflected almost immediately. YMMV.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
saw some verbiage talking about McKinsey as the company targeted. Status update was reflected almost immediately. YMMV.
Oops. Just like the time when UA put a poster up naming the top accounts flying out of San Francisco (Apple, Facebook, Google, McKinsey, Accenture, Deloitte, PWC ...)
Old Apr 17, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Can you sign up for a date in future eg commence in June or does this take affect immediately?

do paid nights at Aria / MGM properties count towards this promo?
Old Apr 17, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Can you sign up for a date in future eg commence in June or does this take affect immediately?

do paid nights at Aria / MGM properties count towards this promo?

It goes into effect immediately. I don't know if paid nights count, I'd assume it would. But I know for sure COMP nights do not count. Just stayed at Aria and Vdara 2 weeks ago and they didn't know up as qualified nights.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Aria paid nights should count as part of 20 night promo right?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
So I have a strange data point. I got into this program and am showing as explorist in my app and to Hyatt reps, however I have 3 hotel stays and upon checkin the hotel has only recognized me as a member and can't see my upgraded status. Called world of Hyatt and they couldnt really seem to figure out the issue as they said they dont have direct control of the promotion, but they see me as explorist when they pull my account yet only see me as member in the reservations system. Hopefully at 10 and 20 stays I will get upgraded in the reservation system so that my correct status will show up in the reservations system.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:11 pm

If you sign up while staying at a Hyatt, does those nights already count? As far as I can see, the term and conditions only state, that you have to check out inside the 90 days window.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:13 am

Do we know if free award nights count as "qualifying nights" for purposes of getting to the 20 nights for this offer? I have 2 free nights to use soon, and am wondering if that would get me down to 18 for the offer. Would hate to screw up the rules and miss by two nights!

Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Do we know if free award nights count as "qualifying nights" for purposes of getting to the 20 nights for this offer? I have 2 free nights to use soon, and am wondering if that would get me down to 18 for the offer. Would hate to screw up the rules and miss by two nights!

Thanks for any advice!
They did for me, last year.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Does the 90 day period start from the day which
  1. you apply for the challenge?
  2. you get sent the verification link?
  3. you click the verification link and activate your trial status?
Just trying to decide when's the earliest I can sign up start for a trip slightly out of the 3 months period.

Thanks,
Dennis
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by navatwal
Aria paid nights should count as part of 20 night promo right?
yes, they did last year for me.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:27 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
The sign up link no longer works
Old May 1, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jgsx
The sign up link no longer works
The link in post 255 works. I updated the Wiki
Old May 1, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
How do they decide which companies are part of it? is there a list?
Old May 1, 2019, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
How do they decide which companies are part of it? is there a list?
It's usually advertised by the employer, such as on the intranet/internal travel community. If your company has a corporate rate for Hyatt, I'd guess that you may be eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.