Wiki Posts
Search

World of Hyatt Needs Your Help

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by SF1K
In a way Hotel programs have been revenue based much longer than airline programs. After all No matter which program you look at you earn x points per dollar spent. Not a fixed number of points per night. The only thing that they don't have is a minimum spend for status.
im referring to the minimum spend for status specifically not points accumulation.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by davevt98
I was chosen and just participated in the focus group. Main focus was credit cards.
This is amazing!!!

Just when we think Hyatt is finally starting to listen to their frequent customers about the pile of garbage better known as World of Hyatt and ways to fix/scrap it, we find out Hyatt's primary interest in the focus group was to discuss the credit card?!? Hyatt had better come out with some amazing Q1 earnings in the morning to justify how tone deaf they have become to their customers, otherwise I hope Wall Street catches on that current management is completely clueless and punishes the stock accordingly.

....I mean, the CREDIT CARD?!? If FT and literally every Diamond/Globalist member I've talked to is to believed, then Rome is burning & your best customers are fleeing! Fix/replace WoH!!!
Old May 3, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
The credit card focus group might not have been related to the other "outreach" attempts discussed in this thread. Or, davevt98, was it clearly the same thing as in austin_modern's OP?
Old May 3, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
I was chosen and just participated in the focus group. Main focus was credit cards.

Willing to take any questions if people are interested.
Interesting; thanks for the information. That begs the question ... was this focus group paid by Hyatt or Chase? Davet98, could you verify who paid for this focus group?
If paid by Hyatt, it sounds like they're trying to regain lost CC revenue sharing.
If paid by Chase, it sounds like they're trying to decide whether to keep or drop a Hyatt brand CC.

As a 'freeloader' Diamond, I used the Hyatt CC to charge $40K/yr in order to get 5 stay credits. With that gone, my annual charges will be less than $1K (all of my P+C stays). With zero incentives to use my Hyatt CC, I'm not going to use my Hyatt CC anywhere except at Hyatts. Hyatt's losing 'free' revenues from my lack of CC use but I don't care because I'm a 'freeloader.' Or maybe us 'freeloaders' aren't as much freeloaders as some here portray us?
Old May 4, 2017, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moulder3
This is amazing!!!

Just when we think Hyatt is finally starting to listen to their frequent customers about the pile of garbage better known as World of Hyatt and ways to fix/scrap it, we find out Hyatt's primary interest in the focus group was to discuss the credit card?!? Hyatt had better come out with some amazing Q1 earnings in the morning to justify how tone deaf they have become to their customers, otherwise I hope Wall Street catches on that current management is completely clueless and punishes the stock accordingly.

....I mean, the CREDIT CARD?!? If FT and literally every Diamond/Globalist member I've talked to is to believed, then Rome is burning & your best customers are fleeing! Fix/replace WoH!!!
well. Plus 5% revpar seems to crap on your thoughts of people sprinting for the door.

Still bunmed this is about CC engagement. Oh well.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by austin_modern
well. Plus 5% revpar seems to crap on your thoughts of people sprinting for the door.
Haha, I thought the same thing. I hate to say it, but I hope Q2 numbers take a dive because it's startling to look like that's the only way they'll listen.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moulder3
Haha, I thought the same thing. I hate to say it, but I hope Q2 numbers take a dive because it's startling to look like that's the only way they'll listen.
and their stock is up 3.5%+

frankly the whole "were all leaving" BS just hasn't at all affected their bottom line. I've always felt the FT biased view of things related to loyalty programs being the end all be all. It's pretty clear the programs changes and whining on here did little to affect the bottom line (which is what matters).

Were now two good Q releases in.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
and their stock is up 3.5%+

frankly the whole "were all leaving" BS just hasn't at all affected their bottom line. I've always felt the FT biased view of things related to loyalty programs being the end all be all. It's pretty clear the programs changes and whining on here did little to affect the bottom line (which is what matters).

Were now two good Q releases in.
I agree with everything you said (unfortunately) except the last part. We're not two quarters into WoH. Q4 results wouldn't have been impacted much since the announcement for WoH wasn't made until November and many were extremely close to re-qualification anyway. Q1 results tough to explain, except perhaps many are planning to burn their points from now until 3/1/2018? It's gotten pretty bad when your frequent guests are rooting for bad quarters, but corporate seems uninterested in listening otherwise.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
The credit card focus group might not have been related to the other "outreach" attempts discussed in this thread. Or, davevt98, was it clearly the same thing as in austin_modern's OP?
I received the same invite so I imagine it is the same thing. There could be different topics for different groups so I can't say for certain.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by itsallgood
Interesting; thanks for the information. That begs the question ... was this focus group paid by Hyatt or Chase? Davet98, could you verify who paid for this focus group?
If paid by Hyatt, it sounds like they're trying to regain lost CC revenue sharing.
If paid by Chase, it sounds like they're trying to decide whether to keep or drop a Hyatt brand CC.

As a 'freeloader' Diamond, I used the Hyatt CC to charge $40K/yr in order to get 5 stay credits. With that gone, my annual charges will be less than $1K (all of my P+C stays). With zero incentives to use my Hyatt CC, I'm not going to use my Hyatt CC anywhere except at Hyatts. Hyatt's losing 'free' revenues from my lack of CC use but I don't care because I'm a 'freeloader.' Or maybe us 'freeloaders' aren't as much freeloaders as some here portray us?
I am fairly certain it was Hyatt as the sponsor. Discussion was really centered around Hyatt.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:41 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
No specifics. Just soliciting ideas on how to get the Hyatt card to the top of your wallet while trying to foster loyalty.
Hopefully at least someone in these groups will voice displeasure over (1) hotels playing games with award availability (i.e. selling standard rooms only as advance purchase rates or as part of a package) and (2) the proliferation of room categories, especially at low-rise, non city-center HPs.

It's been clear that Hyatt/GP/WOH doesn't seem too concerned re our complaints on these issues, but perhaps if it becomes an issue for their co-brand card issuer (i.e. if enough people tell Chase they aren't using their card because of award availability) it may get more scrutiny internally.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.