Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of today...How far are you from requalifying?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Again, as other posters have already stated, just because someone is based in the US does not mean they want to travel in the US. Hyatt’s footprint does have gaps in the US, too - especially when you consider quality in regards to the rest of the market - but admittedly less so than other countries. You talk about North America - but looking at another major North American market, Canada, Hyatt’s footprint is terrible compared to Marriott. Hyatt didn’t have a property for years in Montreal and now only has two properties far from the city center (compared to 8 Marriott properties in Centre-Ville), one property in Vancouver, Toronto has a very old Regency + a JdV with poor breakfast + a very nice but expensive PH, etc.

Asia is generally fine for Hyatt in terms of footprint, but my goodness is Europe bad, even after partnerships. Try finding a non-SLH hotel in Brussels, Warsaw, Bratislava, etc.

It’s great that Hyatt’s footprint works for you, but it doesn’t for everyone, even those that live in the US.
So SLH doesn’t count as Hyatt? To me anywhere you can redeem Hyatt points is Hyatt. Just like how the Hyatt-MGM partnership worked. You could redeem points, pay cash and you’d earn points + EQN’s.

As for Canada I feel like that’s more than made up for with the excessive amount of properties in Cancun/PDC alone.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Matt4200
So SLH doesn’t count as Hyatt? To me anywhere you can redeem Hyatt points is Hyatt. Just like how the Hyatt-MGM partnership worked. You could redeem points, pay cash and you’d earn points + EQN’s.

As for Canada I feel like that’s more than made up for with the excessive amount of properties in Cancun/PDC alone.
I think most people wouldn't call MGM Hyatt.

SLH is like MGM. It's just a marketing partnership, which can end any time its no longer beneficial to either party.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4200
How do properties in Cancun help those who need or want to stay in major Canadian cities at various price points and various locations?
jbeckett likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 4:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
At 46 at the moment, should have 50+ at the end of the month.

Hoping to get 4 nights in next month + 6 nights from Hyatt CC
Old Nov 14, 2023, 5:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Checked out on Sunday for my last 3 nights, still waiting for them to post. I already have an SUA to redeem
Wish Hyatt IT was a little faster.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scubadu
Congrats, but... for me personally, if I needed 19 nights from credit card spend (5 for holding the card, plus 14 from $5K spend chunks) and double digit Excalibur nights, I'd probably be having a fairly serious discussion with myself on whether I really needed Globalist or not...

I sure hope that $35K in spend was at least on some bonus categories, because there is a huge opportunity cost wrt to what that could have gotten you with other cards or new card SUBs (e.g. multiple Ink business cards with 90K UR points, which could then be transferred to Hyatt).

Regards

P.S. I share this as someone who is also beginning to question whether Globalist is really worth it for me as well. I'll likely hit it again this year (though honestly, I'm a little on the fence), but I suspect next year will be it for me. I'm finding that we are "compromising" quite frequently in order to stay at Hyatts that may or may not be where we truly want to stay in a given destination.
Excalibur nights - had multiple work / fun trips where it was quite easy to tag on (and check in in-person)...total out of pocket was...not much

CC - I can't be bothered to churn anymore. I use it for non-bonused spend + Hyatt + fitness, am more than happy to get my bonus free night + Hyatt points I never have enough of.

Multi-night stays upgraded at the HR Churchill, Thompson Nashville, PH Chicago, PH Paris Vendome plus a few other random nice ones all make it worth it for me. YMMV.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kevinjm
Checked out on Sunday for my last 3 nights, still waiting for them to post. I already have an SUA to redeem
I just checked out Monday afternoon for a seven night stay at the Hyatt Centric in Guatemala City that put me at 85 nights for the year (about 15 nights from the Chase card). Miles posted the next morning and I picked the 10000 points for my milestone reward which posted immediately.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Visconti
Same here.

I think 80% of stays are abroad? Glob is most assuredly worth it in SE Asia. Probably, better to have it in Europe, but the perks are eroding and definitely not what they once were. Of my domestic stays, most are at airport hotels; or, NYC, which after this year, I'll never have to return to. Maybe it's just me, but the domestic Glob experience is worth very little to me.
Hyatt's program in SE Asia is very nice.., but during my admittedly short tenure as a Glob it does not compare to the old Starwood days. Of course, this doesn't mean it's poor - just saying there is room for improvement.

Originally Posted by sapguy
The domestic Globalist experience at the Andaz Fifth Avenue, the Thompson Austin & Nashville, the Shay, the Hyatt Regency Orlando and Dallas, the Manchester Grand Hyatt, and the Park Hyatt Aviara has been very worth it for ME!
Good to hear about the Manchester, will be there this week, excited to see what the hubbub is all about! Used a TSU so will be enjoying a Suite. And in fact, I optimize the program by using TSUs liberally and oftentimes staying in Suites. Which is why I chase the 70/80/90/100 milestones when feasible so I can load up on TSUs. The TSUs (imo) are what separate Hyatt from the other chains and make me a loyal user (for both stays and cc usage)

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I'm booked out to hit 100 nights on the dot by year end with around 80k in base points. 30 of the 100 nights this year will come from the credit card.
Same here, currently booked to hit exactly 100 nights on the dot by year end of which 14 will be cc nights. Hyatt offers incentives to 100 so I went for it. Always amazes me chains stop their incentives at 100 nights... Starwood used to do this too. There are some of us who can keep going and would if they kept incentivizing.. and yes, I know the arguments of enjoying the hard won benefits we're entitled to... but there is a point of diminishing returns especially with Hyatt's footprint and so it's easier to spread around at Hilton/Marriott/IHG and some indy's.
Old Nov 14, 2023, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
66 nights YTD, I'll hit the 70 night milestone award, but not sure if I'll reach 80.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 6:59 am

Programs: MP 1K to 2P - painful
Currently at 33 but I should make 60+ by the end of the year. I have six more on the CC plus a lot of upcoming stays. Several are on points and three with suite upgrades applied; Dublin (4), Alila Hinu Bay (3), Alila Jabal Akhdar (3), Park Hyatt Maldives (6), Dublin (4), Hyatt Regency Nice (3).
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kevinjm
60 night glob now
Final 3 EQN posted overnight. Got the 3k promo points +1k cc promo bonus.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:27 am

Do nights paid by points count towards qualifying night? I got 5 more nights until Globalist, and currently Hyatt Place Los Cabos is 3500points/night!
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by donuttime
Do nights paid by points count towards qualifying night? I got 5 more nights until Globalist, and currently Hyatt Place Los Cabos is 3500points/night!
yes
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:43 am

Thank you for the quick reply! That's fantastic, this will be my first time reaching Globalist
kevinjm likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Just qualified for Globalist after a 10 night stay at GH Kauai and after a few credit card qualifying nights posted. I think I had 28 actual nights this year, with 5 freebies from the CC, and the rest through spend. I found enough value in going for the milestone awards (free night certs, suite upgrades, point bonuses, etc) that it made sense for me to put most of my unbonused spend on the WoH card rather than something like the CFU.
kevinjm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.