Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New "Brand Explorer" Check List on Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG

Just noticed that under "My Awards" on the website it now has all the brands and a check next to the ones you've visited, total of brands visited, and any awards earned.

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-10 at 12.20.11 PM.png
Views: 8942
Size:  150.5 KB
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I wonder if they considered making the "free night award" based on having stayed at X different properties (vs. 5 different brands). And then restart that every year. I generally make my property choices not based on brands but based on where I am actually traveling, and the brand is usually less of a factor because often there is no choice (how many different brands does Hyatt have in Berlin, Hamburg, Zurich, Mallorca)?

Anyway, nice that they put their precious development resources on tracking this for us.

What's the first one in the second row... rather boring logo. A new brand called Hyatt Box?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by notquiteaff

What's the first one in the second row... rather boring logo. A new brand called Hyatt Box?
LOL!! I think it's supposed to be Unbound, as that is the only one missing (other than Miraval, but that brand is not yet participating in WOH.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
how many different brands does Hyatt have in Berlin, Hamburg, Zurich, Mallorca)
How many different brands does Hyatt have in Europe?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:29 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Five, isn't it (Andaz, Park, Grand, Regency, Place)? Add in Middle East and Africa and its still five. Oh well..
Old Mar 10, 2017, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Five, isn't it (Andaz, Park, Grand, Regency, Place)? Add in Middle East and Africa and its still five. Oh well..
The Hotel du Louvre in Paris is an Unbound, so that's 6.

There's a Hyatt House coming in Dusseldorf I believe. There's supposedly a Centric coming in Madrid as well.

Nice to see confirmation that a second free night is feasible, although you will have to do one of the all-inclusives in the Caribbean.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Nice to see confirmation that a second free night is feasible, although you will have to do one of the all-inclusives in the Caribbean.
Not necessarily. I have an occasion to stay at an Unbound in Miami next month, so I think I might be able to collect all 10 without touching a Zila/Zivara.

For me the hardest ones seem to be the Hyatt Residence Club and the regular plain-jane Hyatts, most of which have been rebranded to Hyatt Centric.

There are not many Hyatts left at all:

– ASIA
  • Hyatt Ahmedabad
  • Hyatt Amritsar
  • Hyatt Bangalore MG Road
  • Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli
  • Hyatt Pune
  • Hyatt Raipur
  • Hyatt City of Dreams Manila

– EUROPE
  • Hyatt Paris Madeleine

– MIDDLE EAST
  • Hyatt Capital Gate, Abu Dhabi

– NORTH AMERICA
  • Hyatt Palm Springs
  • Hyatt Vineyard Creek
  • Hyatt Atlanta Midtown
  • Hyatt Rosemont
  • The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
  • Hyatt Herald Square New York
  • Hyatt Union Square New York
  • Hyatt at The Bellevue
  • Hyatt at Olive 8
Old Mar 10, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Adopting SPG's checklist....Hyatt seems to be a follower....not the leader
Old Mar 11, 2017, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Not necessarily. I have an occasion to stay at an Unbound in Miami next month, so I think I might be able to collect all 10 without touching a Zila/Zivara.
I suppose you're right, but a Residence Club is way off the radar screens of the Europeans I was replying to.

I am trying to do an overnight near O'Hare before long so that I can pick up the Hyatt Rosemont. As you say, many if not all could end up as Centrics so grab one while you can...
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K
LOL!! I think it's supposed to be Unbound, as that is the only one missing (other than Miraval, but that brand is not yet participating in WOH.
On my account it shows up as Unbound.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 7:32 am

Honestly, it would add so much more value if this was a yearly thing. I mean, how many people stay at 5 brands in one year? Second, 1 cat 4 night that expires in 120 days is not exactly breaking the bank for them and third, given that you need 364 nights a year to get Diamond, there is a strong incentive to even use the free night anyway, so what is the harm? One lifetime cat 4 night is such an absurd "benefit" it is not even funny.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by antonius66
Honestly, it would add so much more value if this was a yearly thing. I mean, how many people stay at 5 brands in one year? Second, 1 cat 4 night that expires in 120 days is not exactly breaking the bank for them and third, given that you need 364 nights a year to get Diamond, there is a strong incentive to even use the free night anyway, so what is the harm? One lifetime cat 4 night is such an absurd "benefit" it is not even funny.
Just in case you didn' know the 5 (and 10) brand category 1-4 cert are good for 1 year not 120 days, that's the 30 and 60 night certs.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by SF1K
Just in case you didn' know the 5 (and 10) brand category 1-4 cert are good for 1 year not 120 days, that's the 30 and 60 night certs.
The new WoH program is really easy to get your head round, isn't it?
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Totally. LOL!!
Old Mar 11, 2017, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by antonius66
Yes, it really doesn't factor I to my travel planning at all. I am certainly not "trying an overnight at O'Hare before long" to catch one of the endangered plain-Jane Hyatt's, especially if it were more costly or inconvenient than an alternative property.

If I end up getting this once-a-lifetime (my or WoH?) cert... nice. If not... big deal.

It's really amazing how convoluted and full of exceptions from the expected this program is. For instance, lounge upgrade awards aren't valid on these free nights either (but they are valid on point awards). Who thought it was important to carve out this restriction!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.