Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatts for hiking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GH Vail and a bunch of destination hotels in CO were added over the recent years - pretty sure there are many choices there...
HP St George is an reasonable gateway to some very special hikes like the Narrows or Angel's landing along with many others in Zion or Kanarraville half hour north; very impressive slot canyons are located between HP St George and HP Page (with dirt road detours)
moyafmx likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Grand Hyatt Seoul. Downhill urban journeys through Itaewon or Haebangchon or a real mountain in Namsan mountain.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:22 am
Original Member

HP Asheville. Just did a long stay and hit a different trail every day within a short drive.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Sedona, AZ
Winner
59Impala and MarkOK like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:27 am

Hyatt Residence Sedona

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Sedona, AZ
I stayed there earlier this year and can attest to the fantastic hiking nearby and also some of the most beautiful scenery I’ve ever seen. The room I had, however, was one of the smallest I’ve ever had, not much wider than the bed, and somewhat oddly shaped. But I was traveling solo and there for the outdoor activities, so it was perfectly fine.
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by strummerjones
I stayed there earlier this year and can attest to the fantastic hiking nearby and also some of the most beautiful scenery I’ve ever seen. The room I had, however, was one of the smallest I’ve ever had, not much wider than the bed, and somewhat oddly shaped. But I was traveling solo and there for the outdoor activities, so it was perfectly fine.
Really? That's interesting as I had the exact opposite experience and I was only a Discoverist at the time. They gave me an upgrade, I had a huge room with an amazing shower. Also did one of their residence program sales pitches for 10-15k (can't remember the exact #) Hyatt points.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Suncadia in Washington has a vast network of trails both paved and unpaved starting right from the lodge or the inn. Some connect various parts of the resort property and some are in a large forest preserve just across a river.

I haven’t yet been to Tamaya in New Mexico, but I believe they have a nice network of trails in a natural area near the Rio Grande river.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Ventana Big Sur. There's a trail (really the unpaved private Coast Ridge Rd.) that goes for 20+ miles and starts directly at the property. Plus tons of other fantastic hikes of all levels/lengths in the immediate vicinity of Big Sur up and down Highway 1.

Coast Ridge Rd. hike above the Ventana Big Sur

-FlyerBeek
nsx, MSPeconomist, evergrn and 1 others like this.
Old May 1, 2021, 10:30 pm

I recently took a two week road trip staying mostly at Hyatt hotels to hike around new trails. I personally stayed at (and hiked around) Hyatt Place Moab (close to Arches National Park) and Hyatt House Provo Pleasant Grove, which is close to trails around Provo Peak, Spanish Fork and Loafer Mountain.

In my home state of Washington both the Hyatt House Bellevue and the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington are good options to explore the trails around I-90. Suncadia is next to Roslyn and there are tons of hiking options in the area.

I plan to visit Sedona in the fall as I've also heard there are great hiking options around the area.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old May 2, 2021, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by moyafmx
I recently took a two week road trip staying mostly at Hyatt hotels to hike around new trails. I personally stayed at (and hiked around) Hyatt Place Moab (close to Arches National Park) and Hyatt House Provo Pleasant Grove, which is close to trails around Provo Peak, Spanish Fork and Loafer Mountain.

In my home state of Washington both the Hyatt House Bellevue and the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington are good options to explore the trails around I-90. Suncadia is next to Roslyn and there are tons of hiking options in the area.

I plan to visit Sedona in the fall as I've also heard there are great hiking options around the area.
Really enjoyed Moab and the Hyatt there!
Old May 2, 2021, 12:56 am

I saw Beaver Creek and Vail mentioned above.
Where is the summertime hiking for those two places? Is it taking the lifts up and then hiking around the ski terrain, much like Whistler?
Old May 2, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by evergrn
Where is the summertime hiking for those two places? Is it taking the lifts up and then hiking around the ski terrain, much like Whistler?
At Beaver Creek, we hiked right from the hotel up the slopes to the west. The trails duck in and out of the aspen groves. You can also take the gondola nearby, which runs in summer and takes you up higher if you want to skip some of the elevation gain.

I don't believe the lift next to the GH Vail runs in the summer, but there is a trail along the Gore River right behind the hotel which you can take into Vail proper and take a gondola up from there. There are also trails into the Eagles Nest Wilderness that can be reached by Vail's bus system and trailheads for the Holy Cross Wilderness are a short drive away. I would say Beaver Creek has the advantage for resort hiking while the Grand Hyatt is more convenient for more adventurous hikes.
evergrn likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Really? That's interesting as I had the exact opposite experience and I was only a Discoverist at the time. They gave me an upgrade, I had a huge room with an amazing shower. Also did one of their residence program sales pitches for 10-15k (can't remember the exact #) Hyatt points.
Based on the rooms listed on their website, I must have been in a studio, approx. 350sf. The bathroom was a decent size, but the main area was extremely narrow -- barely wider than the bed (probably a queen), as I mentioned (it also had a small patio, so that is likely included in the square footage and lessens the size of the living quarters). For reference, this stay was earlier this year, in the midst of the pandemic (so the property didn't appear to be that crowded), and I was at least an Explorist (I do the annual MLife match to bump myself up from Discoverist) and maybe even a Globalist or perhaps that stay got me the 30 nights I needed to qualify this year. That said, I'd gladly stay there again, as Sedona is an area where I'd be spending most of my time outdoors anyway and it's a beautiful area with great hiking.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I stayed 1 night at the Hyatt Res. Sedona in March 2020 right before the shut down on points -- We were upgraded to a beautiful 1 bedroom apartment, and only had enough time for a short hike. Definitely on my top 10 list of places to go back to for a longer stay.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by evergrn
I tend to use alltrails to look up hiking:
https://www.alltrails.com/us/colorado/vail

I did Booth Falls Trail a couple years ago and loved it (with younger active kids)
https://www.alltrails.com/explore/tr...th-falls-trail

Really though, there's a ton of trails across a wide range of difficulties, length and interest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.