Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hyatts for hiking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
Best Hyatts for hiking

My wife and I like to hike 5-10 miles a day moderate hiking just to stay in shape. Love to get opinions on where to go. Great views with photo spots a plus
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by 1fan
My wife and I like to hike 5-10 miles a day moderate hiking just to stay in shape. Love to get opinions on where to go. Great views with photo spots a plus
Hyatt Carmel Highlands has lots of fantastic hiking trails within ~20 miles:

Point Lobos is a flat but very interesting hike. See here:

https://www.alltrails.com/parks/us/c...atural-reserve

Soberanes Canyon to Rocky Ridge loop is a fantastic medium-difficulty hike with gorgeous views, unusual Redwoods, and nice elevation changes of around 1800 ft up and down within 4.7 miles. See here:

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/c...s-canyon-trail

This is a slippery trail, so hiking boots only.

There are lots of other killer (as in nice views) trails in this area, and some 20 mile turn hikes if you are in the mood.

The property is fantastic, especially if you have DSUs to upgrade to "Townhouse Suites".

Good Luck!
Skink likes this.

Last edited by zombietooth; Mar 8, 2017 at 8:27 pm
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:13 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I'd second the Carmel Hyatt. Doing some backpacking this weekend out there. Tons of hiking all over the place. Make sure to check the fire impacts around big sur.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
PH Beaver Creek in the summer.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
I recommend any NYC Manhattan Hyatt. I typically walk 5 miles + after work. Lots of things to see and walking through Central Park is always a treat. And hiking across the Brooklyn bridge to the new Brooklyn pier is always fun with great picture taking opportunities.
PDXpress and cfabar1 like this.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:23 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Sedona, AZ
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

tahoe
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
parking lot at Atlanta Northwest
TravelToNom likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Recent updates?

Some good suggestions upthread - curious if anyone has any other suggestions or more recent properties?

I've only really hiked extensively in the northeast US, but from what I can tell Hyatt coverage in that area (outside of coastal cities) is pretty sparse and not really convenient for accessing parks/trails. The only potential candidate I can see is The Lodge at Spruce Peak. I was hoping there'd be something around the White Mountains area in NH, but alas.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:28 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I posted this in response to a question about hiking trails in the HR Lake Tahoe thread last year ...

"The East Shore Tahoe Trail is between the main hotel tower and the cottages/beach. It's a well developed trail mostly along the lake that goes about 3 miles to Sand Harbor. There are several trails that lead to higher ground off the main trail. There are also many trails of varying difficulty, length, and elevation change within a 10-15 minute drive. The Mount Rose trail is one of the most well-known. It's about a12 mile loop with a 2000+ ft elevation gain to the summit of one of the highest peaks in the Tahoe region. Great views from the top !"
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:26 pm

Moab.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Some good suggestions upthread - curious if anyone has any other suggestions or more recent properties?

I've only really hiked extensively in the northeast US, but from what I can tell Hyatt coverage in that area (outside of coastal cities) is pretty sparse and not really convenient for accessing parks/trails. The only potential candidate I can see is The Lodge at Spruce Peak. I was hoping there'd be something around the White Mountains area in NH, but alas.
Love the Lodge at Spruce Peak that would be a great choice, also check out the Mirror Lake Inn which is in Lake Placid (a SLH property). We are going back up there again this summer to hike Whiteface a few more days. The town of Lake Placid in the summer is awesome and there are tons of hiking trails in the area other than Whiteface. The rooms will be nicer at the Lodge at Spruce Peak but I prefer Lake Placid to Stowe in the summers.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by coleslaw

Wyndhurst? Seems like the Berkshires have a decent amount of hiking...I see a lot of excursions on the Miraval activities schedule.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Wyndhurst? Seems like the Berkshires have a decent amount of hiking...I see a lot of excursions on the Miraval activities schedule.
I've stayed there too, I think Stowe or Lake Placid are better options for hiking.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Carmel Highlands has great hikes nearby but didn’t see anyone mention Carmel Valley Ranch which has direct access to some trails for those the prefer to limit driving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.