Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

HGP ends tomorrow (2/28/2017): what are you doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HGP ends tomorrow (2/28/2017): what are you doing?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's eerily similar, right down to the gloating by those who've drunk the kool-aid.
Yep
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:20 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I spent Transition Night in a beautiful and spacious suite at the 70-room Hyatt Centric The Woodlands (TX). I'm looking forward to New Hyatt and hoping for more positives than negatives.

Positives: fewer people (and thus less crowded) at the top level. Suite upgrade without burning a DSU. Suite upgrades on Award stays.

Negative: no more welcome amenity points. General system chaos while the new program is phased in.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like everything is there! Now a Globalist, the 4 DSUs are there and the free night! Just called to apply a GSU (Globalist Suite Upgrade) to an award reservation I had on hold and the agent applied it with no problems! It took a while because the system is slow, but it went through.

Last edited by ceebee100; Mar 1, 2017 at 1:04 am
Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yep... The free night sure is a nice welcome gift.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I'm still getting:

WE'RE SORRY
The World of Hyatt System is temporarily offline for maintenance.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:42 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
I think we will never have the facts to make a decent judgement.... it would be interesting to see how many nights are stayed by Dia/Globs and at what rates. But that's not public.
An agree! But if an investors presentation/annual report would include the fact that NN % of nights are spent by loyal customers (World of Hyatt instead of Gold Passport) we will see if it's more or less than the 32 % previously reported.

We will see, we will see
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:27 am

Hasn't worked for me: no account access for 7.5 hours ( 1545-2320 local), wanted to check rates and make some bookings. Ended up with 7 SPG Hot Escape and 3 IHG nights instead. I anticipated some teething issues but 8 hours of no access =a crash. Maybe next week....
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by paolo64
Hasn't worked for me: no account access for 7.5 hours ( 1545-2320 local), wanted to check rates and make some bookings. Ended up with 7 SPG Hot Escape and 3 IHG nights instead. I anticipated some teething issues but 8 hours of no access =a crash. Maybe next week....
Same for me, I checked at 11:00pm central time last night and my account access was locked due to system maintenance. It was the same this morning but I just tried again and now their website shows all my Globalists awards: Free night + 4 Suite Upgrades.

On the phone now applying 3 of the suite upgrades and also reserving the free night. For the first two suite upgrades, the reservation agent could apply them without calling the hotels. One was a C+P rate, the other was cash. For the 3rd suite upgrade the agent had to call the hotel, 3 minute hold and it was done.

Maybe 5-6 minutes total on the phone and I'm all set.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I just tried again and now their WoH website shows all my Globalists awards: 1 Free night + 4 Suite Upgrades. I now have 2 free nights due thanks to my Hyatt credit card, not bad at all! ^
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
As Gold Passport is well and truly gone (sob!), I am closing this thread.

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Markie
As Gold Passport is well and truly gone (sob!), I am closing this thread.

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old Mar 2, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
HGP ended yesterday what did you .... D'oh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.