Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2018, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite

Club Lounge Awards are just Club Lounge Access while booked in regular rooms. They have nothing to do with Club rooms.

borrowed from post 1.
From T&C's (link)
1. Receiving Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Upon receiving or re-qualifying for Explorist status, Explorists will receive four (4) complimentary awards redeemable for Club lounge access (“Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards”). For Members who have received Explorist status for a multi-year term, additional Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards will not be awarded each Calendar Year upon elite status renewal (unless the Member otherwise re-achieves Explorist status by satisfying the Tier-Qualifying Night or Base Point accrual requirement). In no event will a Member receive more than four (4) Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards on the Effective Date of these Terms. If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

2. Redeeming Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid for one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be redeemed in connection with reservations with a checkout date before the expiration of the Explorist Club Lounge Access Award. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards can be tracked through the “My Awards” section of the Member’s account. A Member must redeem an Explorist Club Lounge Access Award when making the underlying reservation. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are redeemable only at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts that have a Club lounge and are not valid at Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, or Hyatt Residence Club hotels and resorts, or M life Resorts. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights. Not valid in connection with any Free Night Award other than those identified above, including, without limitation, Hyatt Credit Card premium and anniversary Free Night Awards, 5-brand Free Night Awards, Category 1-4 Free Night Awards (defined below) or any other promotional Free Night Award. Breakfast will not be provided to a Member at participating hotels or resorts without an accessible Club lounge. Club lounge access is subject to availability and space limitations. Explorist Club Lounge Access Awards are not redeemable in connection with hotels or resorts that have not yet opened when the Member makes his/her reservation, even if reservations for such hotel or resort are otherwise being accepted.
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt - [Club Lounge Awards]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
Sorry I'm new to this...

I just called Hyatt CS to use my club access awards for a 2 night stay and they told me it's confirmed.
I have 3 questions:

Is the award for 1 night only, meaning you have to use 2 awards for 2 nights, or 3 awards for 3 night, and so on ?
Or can you use 1 award for a 10 night stay for example. ?

I don't use the hyatt app....just the desktop website. Any way I can see if the award been properly added to my existing reservation ?

What happens to the award used if I change the reservation to extend the length of nights or change the rate type AFTER applying the award ?

Thanks in advance
1) 1 award is good for 1 stay up to 7 nights.

2) You will not see it on your end.

3) If you modify the reservation online you may need to call in to ensure it’s re-applied.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Sorry I'm new to this...

I just called Hyatt CS to use my club access awards for a 2 night stay and they told me it's confirmed.
I have 3 questions:

Is the award for 1 night only, meaning you have to use 2 awards for 2 nights, or 3 awards for 3 night, and so on ?
Or can you use 1 award for a 10 night stay for example. ?

I don't use the hyatt app....just the desktop website. Any way I can see if the award been properly added to my existing reservation ?

What happens to the award used if I change the reservation to extend the length of nights or change the rate type AFTER applying the award ?

Thanks in advance
1. One award can be applied for a reservation of up to 7 nights. Two awards could be applied for a reservation of up to 14 nights (or two reservations of up to 7 nights each), and so on.
2. There will likely be an indication that the award has been applied in the memo/comments section of your confirmation email.
3. If the reservation is cancelled and rebooked (which should be required to extend the length or change the rate) the award would be returned to your account. You would have to contact Hyatt if you want to have it re-applied.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
1. One award can be applied for a reservation of up to 7 nights. Two awards could be applied for a reservation of up to 14 nights (or two reservations of up to 7 nights each), and so on.
2. There will likely be an indication that the award has been applied in the memo/comments section of your confirmation email.
3. If the reservation is cancelled and rebooked (which should be required to extend the length or change the rate) the award would be returned to your account. You would have to contact Hyatt if you want to have it re-applied.
In regards to number 2 I would say unless you’re having your personal MHC (which is something that 60 might Globalists have) add the award then just the regular agent will not add any extra notation. I’ve done plenty of awards through regular customer service never once added a notation. Just don’t want to set OP up thinking that’s normal when it’s not.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 4:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

[...]
[...]
[...]
[...]
Originally Posted by Matt4200
In regards to number 2 I would say unless you’re having your personal MHC (which is something that 60 might Globalists have) add the award then just the regular agent will not add any extra notation. I’ve done plenty of awards through regular customer service never once added a notation. Just don’t want to set OP up thinking that’s normal when it’s not.
In the only reservation that I have made where I redeemed a club access award, the confirmation email included the following line.
Preferences and Policies: CLUB ACCESS CONFIRMED
In other words, I don't know if it's normal or not, but it has happened in 100% of my reservations where I redeemed the award. (Again, that 100% is one out of one.)

Also, although it's not conclusive, when I view my account at the web site (I also don't use the Hyatt app), I can see that one award has been used. Since I've only tried to use an award once, it's a strong indication that it was used for that one reservation.

I am not a Globalist and have (to the best of my knowledge) no access to MHC.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 4:24 pm

Can you use the club access awards on Ziva hotels? I don't see it excluded in the T&C's.
Old Nov 9, 2023, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skanchur
Can you use the club access awards on Ziva hotels? I don't see it excluded in the T&C's.
I thought Ziva hotels were already all-inclusive?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
We were in Club Ocean Front Corner Suite in May; the Club is in the lobby. The food offering is very limited. The drink selection is quite good though.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
They are all inclusive, but they do have clubs (at least the ones we've been too) that have limited access with higher end booze, etc.

Regards
Old Jan 12, 2024, 12:56 pm

I have 3 out of 4 CAAs that expire at the end of February, will WOH still give some points to for the unused ones, especially since there are fewer and fewer available lounges now?
Old Jan 12, 2024, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
I have 3 out of 4 CAAs that expire at the end of February, will WOH still give some points to for the unused ones, especially since there are fewer and fewer available lounges now?
Nope.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by HIFlya
They gave out up to 3000 points for each expiring CAA in Dec 2021. That was likely an exception, but it never hurts to ask. The Twitter (now X I guess) team seemed to be the best route to ask.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:06 pm

They gave out up to 3000 points for each expiring CAA in Dec 2021. That was likely an exception, but it never hurts to ask. The Twitter (now X I guess) team seemed to be the best route to ask.
An exception due to an I unprecedented Global pandemic which closed club lounges altogether making them unusable. That’s why the exception was made. In 2023 I see no reason.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:04 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I asked if they could swap the club awards for next stay awards but that was a no as well 😀
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
An exception due to an I unprecedented Global pandemic which closed club lounges altogether making them unusable. That’s why the exception was made. In 2023 I see no reason.
Are you saying that you requested and were refused? Or are you just assuming?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Are you saying that you requested and were refused? Or are you just assuming?
It’s a summary of what’s been reported.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.