Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

31 DEC nights: counts towards 2016 or 2017?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

31 DEC nights: counts towards 2016 or 2017?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2016, 5:25 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by smilee
I am pretty sure you are wrong on that one. Stays count based on the check out date.
why? please add reason. My nights (3) counted to 2016 as well. and doing the same at Liverpool Andaz.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 2:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by 59Impala
why? please add reason. My nights (3) counted to 2016 as well. and doing the same at Liverpool Andaz.
As per this post on Flyertalk from the Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge

Dear FlyerTalk Members:

I understand there is some confusion of which date is used to receive credit for an eligible stay. Several posters were correct, as the Hyatt Gold Passport program does use the check-out date of the stay. Therefore, for the members that have a stay on December 31, 2007, the stay will count toward their status in the 2008 year.

I hope this has brought clarification to your concerns. Thank you for your continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,
Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
Old Nov 26, 2016, 3:02 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
confused... don't get your point.... your post confirms exactly what we are saying... checkin this year, checkout next year, counts towards next year's status
Old Nov 26, 2016, 6:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Yikes, I apologize, somehow I misread what you were saying. Somehow I thought you were saying the stay would count as 2016... Sorry everyone, but hopefully this is now clear to all, especially as the Hyatt GP Concierge worded it.

Yes we are all in agreement. For purposes of Years/Promotions etc. it is the check out which counts as the date. Which makes sense.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:43 am
formerly a193991

Yikes, I apologize, somehow I misread what you were saying. Somehow I thought you were saying the stay would count as 2016... Sorry everyone, but hopefully this is now clear to all, especially as the Hyatt GP Concierge worded it.

Yes we are all in agreement. For purposes of Years/Promotions etc. it is the check out which counts as the date. Which makes sense.
^^
Old Nov 27, 2016, 8:57 am

Follow up question with a slight twist on the scenarios above

As noted above, Hyatt defines a stay as back-to-back nights, regardless of the # of reservations, etc.

My situation is this: I have two reservations for my New Years trip - first reservation ending Dec 31 and a second reservation starting Dec 31. I expect, based on the terms & conditions, for this to all count as 1 stay and therefore to post in 2017. Because of the change to WoH next year, I am happy for the nights to post to either year, but I would need them ALL to post to the given year for my needs.

The question is this: Would I be able to fall back on the T&Cs to argue for an adjustment if the hotel happens to post the stays separately? If so, would it be a huge ordeal to get the situation fixed?
Old Nov 30, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CXYYZ
Follow up question with a slight twist on the scenarios above

As noted above, Hyatt defines a stay as back-to-back nights, regardless of the # of reservations, etc.

My situation is this: I have two reservations for my New Years trip - first reservation ending Dec 31 and a second reservation starting Dec 31. I expect, based on the terms & conditions, for this to all count as 1 stay and therefore to post in 2017. Because of the change to WoH next year, I am happy for the nights to post to either year, but I would need them ALL to post to the given year for my needs.

The question is this: Would I be able to fall back on the T&Cs to argue for an adjustment if the hotel happens to post the stays separately? If so, would it be a huge ordeal to get the situation fixed?
Why do you have two separate reservations? You can call HGP and they can combine the two into one. It doesn't matter if they are separate types of bookings, e.g. 2 nights P&C and 2 nights full cash. Note though, that the hotel/system WILL join them and you will get one bill on the 4th day.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Ok, just recently I contacted HGP Concierge on this forum about my Original Post. Please read his reply to my question below:

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good Morning,

The night of 12/31 will still count for you renewal in 2016. Since the stay posts as a check out on 1/1/2017 we will have to manually adjust your tier status. Once the stay posts you'll need to call our Gold Passport Customer Service and they will make the adjustment.

Warm regards,

Brock S.

Originally Posted by BIndair
Hello,

My GP # is:

My last stay in 2016 will be at the PH in Abu Dhabi, check-in Dec 26th, check-out Jan 1st. A total of 6 nights. That would make a total of 50 nights in 2016, and thus re-qualify me for Diamond. That is if the night of Dec 31st to Jan 1st counts towards 2016.

Now I am confused.

I emailed HGP, the reply was:
"I would like to inform you that the last night of Saturday, 31 December 2016 will count in the year 2017."

Then I called the Diamond line, they confirmed with email:
"We can confirm that the night from the 31.12.2016 to the 01.01.2017 will count towards your Hyatt Diamond Status for 2016."

This is very important to me, so can you please clarify? Will my last night this year, Dec 31st, definitely count towards 2016, thus giving me 50 nights and therefore re-qualify me for Diamond status in 2017?

Thank you for your information,
The HGP Concierge's reply is clear: I have to call and the night Dec 31 to check-out Jan 1st will count toward 2016.
Because this subject obviously is a returning issue every year, and keeps raising questions and different interpretations, it should be documented in the T&C.

But for now, the HGP Concierges answer is satisfying for me, and hopefully also for others who are in the same situation.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 4:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It has worked that way for years..... I needed to call/email last year as well. But it was adjusted after a few days....
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:41 pm

it's a great option to have - decide after check-out which year to credit the qualifying nights - all upside!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:00 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by 59Impala
What about this scenario: checking in Dec 29, checking out Jan 2, total stay of 4 nights. How many nights will count towards 2017 qualification? 2 or 3 or 4 or none? Conflicting information on this thread regarding check out date and how it may affect what counts to what year.

Thanks
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by asnovici
What about this scenario: checking in Dec 29, checking out Jan 2, total stay of 4 nights. How many nights will count towards 2017 qualification? 2 or 3 or 4 or none? Conflicting information on this thread regarding check out date and how it may affect what counts to what year.

Thanks
I am pretty sure they would all count for 2018.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:08 pm

in the past, for a Jan 1 checkout date, upon request for manual intervention after the stay, Hyatt resolved the matter for me by changing both the checkin and checkout dates both to one day prior

is it possible you could persuade Hyatt to move checkin and checkout dates two days prior after stay via manual intervention? not so sure
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
I talked to someone on the Globalist line and she confirmed that if you checked out on January 1st then all the days will count towards 2018. She suggested having two reservations. Check out on December 31st and those days will count for 2017. Then have a second reservation for December 31st through January 2nd.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by MarkOK
I am pretty sure they would all count for 2018.
That's what I'm afraid of. I need at least 2 nights towards 2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.