Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 10:38 am

Does anyone know if PH Kyoto does room upgrades at a fee for Globalists? I have a stay booked for early next year and would like to upgrade to a room with a view even if it's at a cost, if they don't provide a complimentary Globalist upgrade.

Would also like to know if people think their signature restaurant, Yasaka, is worth it.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
How many Park Suite rooms in the hotel? I read on older posts someone mentioned they only have two Park Suites rooms and one is facing the street and the other facing backwards with a garden view, can someone confirm is this correct? Deciding which to set as preference during my stay in Nov.

Also, any Michelin restaurant recommendations around Park Hyatt Kyoto that is walking distance?
Old Sep 21, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
How many Park Suite rooms in the hotel? I read on older posts someone mentioned they only have two Park Suites rooms
I'm pretty sure the post saying there are only 2 Park Suites is incorrect. Per the hotel's website there are a total of 9 suites, and I believe they comprise 4 Park Suites, 2 Ninenzaka House suites, 2 Higashiyama House suites, and the one Pagoda House.
zoneflyer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
That’s correct. From the information I gathered here and other blogs, room 206 and 208 are Park Suite facing the street on the 2nd floor below the Ninenzaka House suites. Pseudo Nim mentioned the zen garden view facing Park Suites having higher ceilings, and we actually value privacy and serenity more. (Regret not getting the garden facing rooms over the canal view rooms in WA Amsterdam before). Now I just need to figure out the other 2 Park Suites rooms or simply request my preference to the hotel. Who knows might be a slight chance of getting upgrade to Ninenzaka House.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I'm pretty sure the post saying there are only 2 Park Suites is incorrect. Per the hotel's website there are a total of 9 suites, and I believe they comprise 4 Park Suites, 2 Ninenzaka House suites, 2 Higashiyama House suites, and the one Pagoda House.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:21 pm

That’s correct. From the information I gathered here and other blogs, room 206 and 208 are Park Suite facing the street on the 2nd floor below the Ninenzaka House suites. Pseudo Nim mentioned the zen garden view facing Park Suites having higher ceilings, and we actually value privacy and serenity more. (Regret not getting the garden facing rooms over the canal view rooms in WA Amsterdam before). Now I just need to figure out the other 2 Park Suites rooms or simply request my preference to the hotel. Who knows might be a slight chance of getting upgrade to Ninenzaka House.
do they play games at all with the Park Suite?

I am very much trying to use my Suite upgrade to upgrade to Park Suite, but that remains the single room type that is not available during my stay.

I guess with only 4 that is possible.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jinyoungkim7
Does anyone know if PH Kyoto does room upgrades at a fee for Globalists? I have a stay booked for early next year and would like to upgrade to a room with a view even if it's at a cost, if they don't provide a complimentary Globalist upgrade.
What's the difference between doing that and booking a higher level room from the start?
Old Sep 24, 2022, 4:57 pm

All Park Suites have garden view only

I just heard back from the concierge that all Park Suites have the garden view instead, which contradicts the information from this thread and others that at least two Park Suites (206 and 208) were facing the street from before. This might be a new change recently, I specifically mentioned room 208 as preference and the concierge stated that room is indeed a Ninenzaka House, quoted "all our Park Suite are designed with a tsuboniwa garden (not facing the Yasaka Pagoda and Ninenzaka street view) and we hope you will enjoy our Park Suite for your stay". I was offered an upcharge of 65000JPY per night to upgrade from Park Suite to Ninenzaka House.

Originally Posted by dval44
do they play games at all with the Park Suite?
I am very much trying to use my Suite upgrade to upgrade to Park Suite, but that remains the single room type that is not available during my stay.
I guess with only 4 that is possible.
All I can say is its tough to book any suites for this hotel. I ended up splurging 48k points/night to secure the suite last Nov when the hotel is still a Cat 7, then never seen any suites available to book by points for my dates afterward.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 6:11 pm

I just heard back from the concierge that all Park Suites have the garden view instead, which contradicts the information from this thread and others that at least two Park Suites (206 and 208) were facing the street from before. This might be a new change recently, I specifically mentioned room 208 as preference and the concierge stated that room is indeed a Ninenzaka House, quoted "all our Park Suite are designed with a tsuboniwa garden (not facing the Yasaka Pagoda and Ninenzaka street view) and we hope you will enjoy our Park Suite for your stay". I was offered an upcharge of 65000JPY per night to upgrade from Park Suite to Ninenzaka House.
This change has been in effect since sometime in fall 2021. The deluxe view rooms which are one category below the park suite have a nice view of the Pagoda.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
This change has been in effect since sometime in fall 2021. The deluxe view rooms which are one category below the park suite have a nice view of the Pagoda.
Does this mean that in fact there are now only 2 Park Suites with 4 Ninenzaka House suites? If that is true, then it is no wonder that Park Suites are hard to get.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Does this mean that in fact there are now only 2 Park Suites with 4 Ninenzaka House suites? If that is true, then it is no wonder that Park Suites are hard to get.
I didn't ask the hotel staff the number of park suites are available at the property. But everybody I know who got upgraded to a park suite as a globalist either at check in or using a suite upgrade received the same room. So I guess the park suites seem to be limited supply.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I didn't ask the hotel staff the number of park suites are available at the property. But everybody I know who got upgraded to a park suite as a globalist either at check in or using a suite upgrade received the same room. So I guess the park suites seem to be limited supply.
Do you know the room # of the Park Suite?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 6:27 am

Do you know the room # of the Park Suite?
zoneflyer likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 1:59 am

Programs: AS 100K
So I completed a two night stay here almost two weeks ago, Sept 17-19. Splurged using points . I did an impromptu long weekend bday trip to Japan after learning about the unguided tour requirement changes and was able to score NH new F to NRT and JAL F from HND.

Anyway, we were "upgraded" to a King room with Terrace, Rm 516, iirc. We were told that upgrades to a suite required a surcharge since it was a busy weekend due some sort of holiday. We declined since we'd be out and about for the short stay. Overall, I enjoyed the property. I loved the design and vibe it gave out. The Pol Roger Champagne hour was great. Too bad it lasts only an hour. The seasoned walnuts they served with the bubbly were great.

Breakfast was great, imo. I don't eat seafood so I sticked with the free western breakfast and I found it to be great. I was under the impression that I could only select one main but the waitress suggested I get the pancakes as well, so maybe you can get more than two options? Anyway, I ordered the half order of pancakes, which ended up being just one, and I was OK with that. Everything served tasted great and the bread basket served was freshly baked from how it tasted. Overall, I felt the breakfast offered was substantial. But then again, while I love breakfast, I don't like eating until I'm stuffed. My friend got the Japanese breakfast for one of the mornings and he enjoyed it. I took a pic of his menu but don't have pics of the actual food. It was elaborate and he enjoyed it.

Lastly, the hotel bar was great. We went there our last night for drinks and they were great, especially my margarita. Really enjoyed the cozy vibe and the view was great.

Anyway, here's a photo dump... Enjoy!

Last edited by atcanobbio; Sep 28, 2022 at 2:28 am
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Just sharing the Japanese breakfast pictures that my friend got during the same stay as the pics in the previous post...

fishy21 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Really want to stay here, but the cash price for this place is crazy expensive.

Any experience with Sowaka?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.