Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 14, 20, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
They're allegedly categorized as a resort now and don't have to offer 4pm checkout.
Wow. That is really bad form by Hyatt IMO and probably the camel's nose under the tent for other properties to suddenly "resort-ify".
Old Jan 15, 20, 12:16 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dpb132 View Post
Wow. That is really bad form by Hyatt IMO and probably the camel's nose under the tent for other properties to suddenly "resort-ify".
They do have a case because of the small number of rooms and suites and high occupancy.

Originally Posted by G-CIVC View Post
According to the FD receptionist that checked me in, they only prepare 30 Japanese breakfasts every day

This really should change.
invalyd likes this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
My guess is that he was on vacation. The guy was all over the place during New Years, to the point that it was hard to not see him. Wouldn't be surprised if he was putting in 20 hour days during that time.
Not that it translated to any meaningful interaction. SO and I stayed over New Year's, crossed paths with the GM at least 5 times, but the only time we spoke was when he offered to help us with our bags on the first day (seems he was expecting a VVIP to arrive, but our taxi happened to reach first). There was a large family he seemed more preoccupied with. The most unfortunate part of our stay.

Edit: Quote didn't show on first try.
Old Jan 15, 20, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by chweekueh View Post
Not that it translated to any meaningful interaction. SO and I stayed over New Year's, crossed paths with the GM at least 5 times, but the only time we spoke was when he offered to help us with our bags on the first day (seems he was expecting a VVIP to arrive, but our taxi happened to reach first). There was a large family he seemed more preoccupied with. The most unfortunate part of our stay.
He knew me from our stays at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, but I honestly couldn't recall his face. Don't worry, I don't think you missed out on much, lol.
Old Jan 16, 20, 5:15 am

We just checked out after a seven day stay. We thought the hotel and staff were great.

We stayed in the Higashiyama suite on the third floor, which was a very nice room. Good size, decor, view.

The staff were very friendly and efficient. I can't remember any service issues. Staff we'd never met greeted us by name, thanked us and asked how they could help. Mark L introduced himself, due to our staying seven days. He is very aware Tripadvisor reviews and believes they will improve.

We really liked the meals in the Bistro, which was seldom crowded. Dinner in Yasaka was very nice. We had that restaurant to ourselves.

We'd have no problem staying there again.
Living_on_Points likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 12:29 pm

Any photos of the Higashiyama Suite?
Old Jan 16, 20, 2:26 pm

ghzhammer posted a youtube walk-through earlier in this thread.
Old Jan 16, 20, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Morkai View Post
Any photos of the Higashiyama Suite?
Posted the walkthrough up thread but also if you have any questions just ask.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: