Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:53 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Surprised that you say that considering your difficulties with breakfast, which seem like the most basic of things that any hotel should be able to handle correctly.
Well, at the end of the day, breakfast-gate was caused by one person's error. I didn't have any other unpleasant surprises for the rest of my stay.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
For my three night reservation, I was told at check-in that the Japanese breakfast was accounted for on the first two mornings of my stay. I was a bit irked but let it slide since I would still get to sample it on the third. I would have expected the hotel to reach out in advance (especially to their globalist guest) if this was something that needed to be prebooked.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by tigerwong
For my three night reservation, I was told at check-in that the Japanese breakfast was accounted for on the first two mornings of my stay. I was a bit irked but let it slide since I would still get to sample it on the third. I would have expected the hotel to reach out in advance (especially to their globalist guest) if this was something that needed to be prebooked.
It seems to be one of those best to pre-reserve, thought when we were there I was warned it was very much in demand, but some of the days were were there it actually wasn't. So it varies.

I had it twice, there was no change - at least you got to try it once. I wouldn't do it twice again.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
So is there a way to get the breakfast reserved or is it a crap shoot at checkin?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm just surprised they run that kind of breakfast system. Only a set number of slots per day?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by SawBo
So is there a way to get the breakfast reserved or is it a crap shoot at checkin?
I wonder if you could email them request for it ahead of your arrival instead of doing it at check in?
We will be staying there in November, and planning to have only Japanese breakfasts, so - since I have never experienced hotels that run out/deny you a certain breakfast, would it make sense to email the hotel ahead of time to pre-reserve it??
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by in4tar
I wonder if you could email them request for it ahead of your arrival instead of doing it at check in?
We will be staying there in November, and planning to have only Japanese breakfasts, so - since I have never experienced hotels that run out/deny you a certain breakfast, would it make sense to email the hotel ahead of time to pre-reserve it??
You should be able to email them and have it put into your file for your stay.
in4tar likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine
You should be able to email them and have it put into your file for your stay.
Agreed. Either that or they'll get back to you in 5 days only to say it's fully booked
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by invalyd
Agreed. Either that or they'll get back to you in 5 days only to say it's fully booked
As far as I'm concerned, they should be able to make it whenever you want it. PH Tokyo did it when I was jetlagged and woke up at 2pm.
tigerwong and invalyd like this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:47 am

The Japanese breakfast is so-so at PH Kyoto, comparing to RC Kyoto or even the HR Kyoto.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
I'm just surprised they run that kind of breakfast system. Only a set number of slots per day?
The japanese breakfast is made by Kyoyamato, it's pretty involved. They are not part of the Hyatt so I guess they only committed to a set number.

Japanese breakfast at Park Hyatt Kyoto in room.

This was my breakfast on December 25, 2019. The Rice was excellent.

We ate at Kyoyamato for dinner and as expected it was much better then even the breakfast.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
The Japanese breakfast is good, but it is not any more complex than a Japanese set breakfast an any other good hotel. It is a lot less complex than breakfast at most ryokan. There was a time when PH Tokyo requested notice the night before to guarantee availability of the Japanese set breakfast in the morning, and I've had that experience at other hotels as well. That is what PH Kyoto/Kyoyamato should be able to do, but they apparently do not want to even make that slight effort.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neric
The japanese breakfast is made by Kyoyamato, it's pretty involved. They are not part of the Hyatt so I guess they only committed to a set number.

Japanese breakfast at Park Hyatt Kyoto in room.

This was my breakfast on December 25, 2019. The Rice was excellent.

We ate at Kyoyamato for dinner and as expected it was much better then even the breakfast.

Kyoyamato's kyoryori kaiseki should be better than the breakfast. I bet it costs 4x times as much per person? PH's Japanese breakfast doesn't look that much better than the HR's.

Aman's was very compact but satisfying. No need to reserve it either.

Last edited by Aventine; Jan 14, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Aman's was very compact but satisfying. No need to reserve it either.
Aman Kyoto?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
According to the FD receptionist that checked me in, they only prepare 30 Japanese breakfasts every day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.