Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Kyoto REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
it's less about the staff, more about the privacy concerns. I can literally see my neighbor sleeping on the day bed from my room.
I did googled him at can't find it, please don't assume everyone who asks questions here did not do research first.
Hotel rooms often face each other across an internal courtyard or face office buildings. If curtains are open, you can see into rooms across the courtyard or you and the office workers can stare at each other. Sheer curtains often obscure the view, but sometimes you need real curtains. How is this different?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by richarddd
Hotel rooms often face each other across an internal courtyard or face office buildings. If curtains are open, you can see into rooms across the courtyard or you and the office workers can stare at each other. Sheer curtains often obscure the view, but sometimes you need real curtains. How is this different?
it is different because I have access to the garden and my neighbor doesn't. there are chairs and little tables there meant for you to sit down, but you can see your neighbor sleeping right next to you
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

it's less about the staff, more about the privacy concerns. I can literally see my neighbor sleeping on the day bed from my room.
I did googled him at can't find it, please don't assume everyone who asks questions here did not do research first.
Mark de Leeuwerk.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
it is different because I have access to the garden and my neighbor doesn't. there are chairs and little tables there meant for you to sit down, but you can see your neighbor sleeping right next to you
It's a bit cold to sit out in the garden right now.

If you don't like the room location, you could ask if there is anything else available, although there might not be since the year-end holiday period is starting.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
In that case walking downstairs and asking for a new room seems more effective than sending an email which may not even be acknowledged for several days.

Also, his name is the first thing that comes up when searching PH Kyoto GM

Last edited by invalyd; Dec 27, 2019 at 5:23 am
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
In that case walking downstairs and asking for a new room seems more effective than sending an email which may not even be acknowledged for several days.

Also, his name is the first thing that comes up when searching PH Kyoto GM
I can't find his email, I can find his name.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can't find his email, I can find his name.
You have to make it using the [email protected] format. It's pretty simple.

If you're on property then just ask to see him. He would be stupid not to make the time for you.
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
You have to make it using the [email protected] format. It's pretty simple.

If you're on property then just ask to see him. He would be stupid not to make the time for you.
Thank you for answering my question!
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Officially a resort

Seems the clamps are coming down. At check-in I was just informed that they are now designated a resort and that I cannot be extended 4pm late check out. I booked prior to this decision so I am not sure if I can push back.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by tigerwong
Seems the clamps are coming down. At check-in I was just informed that they are now designated a resort and that I cannot be extended 4pm late check out. I booked prior to this decision so I am not sure if I can push back.
Wow, that lasted two months. Seems we just can't have anything nice.

I'd definitely make a note of it to the GM just to see what the response is.

Guessing we'll get official confirmation of no TSUs soon as well.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gengar

Is anyone really surprised at this development?

Edit: wow I completely misread this and thought they blocked TSUs. Not even offering a late check-out is absurd.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by invalyd
Is anyone really surprised at this development?
No, but nevertheless disappointing.
invalyd likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gengar

I knew they would do it and was surprised they didn't get the designation right off the bat.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by tigerwong
Did they completely disallow any late checkout? Not even 2 pm?

Hopefully they will be more flexible when the hotel is not full, as it must be right now. In about 30 stays as Dia/Gob HR Kyoto never denied us a 4 pm checkout (although we were asked to change room once), and before that we always were granted 2 pm in about 10 stays as Plat, but of course the HR has a lot more rooms.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Did they completely disallow any late checkout? Not even 2 pm?

Hopefully they will be more flexible when the hotel is not full, as it must be right now. In about 30 stays as Dia/Gob HR Kyoto never denied us a 4 pm checkout (although we were asked to change room once), and before that we always were granted 2 pm in about 10 stays as Plat, but of course the HR has a lot more rooms.
I remember 4pm always being difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.