FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:32 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bison1847
I hope the new WOH program would take into consideration the input from those members based on the other side of the pond also.
Computer says no.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 6:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Computer says no.
Computer said yes to me
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by bison1847
Never my intention to make a special deal for myself, but only with the hope that WOH understands the differences between people based in high density and low density Hyatt locations. Even many of the airlines recognize that.

I also agree it is our own personal choice as to whether we stay or go, but if possible I hope the new WOH program would take into consideration the input from those members based on the other side of the pond also.
The issue isn't the night stay quota, it's the base point milestone. It's way too high. What is the point of setting a base point threshold at a level that is virtually unattainable prior to staying 55 nights anywhere? I mean - think about it. 54 nights at a high average pre-tax / resort fee paid rate of $300 still only gets you to $16,200 in Hyatt spending. Breakfast for diamonds is included already - so in addition to that amount you'd also have to have average $70 per day on dinner / spa, etc. to break $20,000 before 55 night stays. You'd seriously have to go out of your way not to get any good deals whatsoever on rates or use half points, etc. to accomplish this without also meeting the night stay requirement.

$12K would've made much more sense. That's the equivalent of an average per night rate of about $220 (pre-tax / fees) over 55 nights. If you are staying mostly in Europe where hotels can cost $400ish on average (assuming some half points rates), 25 nights plus a reasonable about of meal spending could then get you status.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta PM; United Silver; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Twinmommy19
The issue isn't the night stay quota, it's the base point milestone. It's way too high. What is the point of setting a base point threshold at a level that is virtually unattainable prior to staying 55 nights anywhere? I mean - think about it. 54 nights at a high average pre-tax / resort fee paid rate of $300 still only gets you to $16,200 in Hyatt spending. Breakfast for diamonds is included already - so in addition to that amount you'd also have to have average $70 per day on dinner / spa, etc. to break $20,000 before 55 night stays. You'd seriously have to go out of your way not to get any good deals whatsoever on rates or use half points, etc. to accomplish this without also meeting the night stay requirement.

$12K would've made much more sense. That's the equivalent of an average per night rate of about $220 (pre-tax / fees) over 55 nights. If you are staying mostly in Europe where hotels can cost $400ish on average (assuming some half points rates), 25 nights plus a reasonable about of meal spending could then get you status.
In addition, in most (all?) locations I have been to in the United States, the purchase of alcoholic beverages does not earn points. I wonder if that has been factored in.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:07 am

I agree the base points marker is way too high. I also think 12 or 13k would have been fair. I also think a higher stay marker like 30 or a combination stay/spend level would have been fair also.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We should be glad they didn't do it the airline way of nights PLUS minimum dollars.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 7:48 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Markie
Thanks for the follow up questions.

So far:

1. I will requalify as glob in 2018 (good through feb 2019) and get 4 suite upgrade voucher if only i made 60 nights - if i requalify by 55 nights i will not get that 4 vouchers?

2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

3. For those that qualify for Diamond in Jan/Feb 2017, would we still earn DSUs? Are the DSUs get issued immediately, March 2017, or in March 2018? I'm requalified for next year now and thinking to do 19, but would hate to get 8 DSUs in a batch March 2017 and have none to use March 2018-2019. Or worse yet, get no DSUs for the early requalification

4. Are COSTCO rates excluded from being eligible rates?

5. If you only qualify based on 50k spending on a Hyatt card does that mean you don't get 4 club upgrades? If so - the 50k spending milestone is completely meaningless, no?

6. What is going to happen to members with PrivateLine agents?

7. Will a current diamond have to make 60 nights next year or 55 nights?? to maintain the diamond/globalist tier.

8. From Jan. 1 to Feb. 28, the Diamond benefits stay the same, i.e., Diamond amenity of 1000 points or food and beverage per stay, but the 'no resort fee on all stays and no parking fee on award stays' is not applicable. Right?

The email will go tomorrow so please post any further!
Thanks

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt
Some interim answers: - Answers to 1 and 6 to follow,

2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

Current Lifetime Diamond members will receive Lifetime Globalist in World of Hyatt starting with the launch on March 1, 2017. On March 1, 2017 Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 suite upgrade awards. On-going, Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 suite upgrade awards each year at renewal (March) regardless of the member’s nights or Base Points.

3. For those that qualify for Diamond in Jan/Feb 2017, would we still earn DSUs? Are the DSUs get issued immediately, March 2017, or in March 2018? I'm requalified for next year now and thinking to do 19, but would hate to get 8 DSUs in a batch March 2017 and have none to use March 2018-2019. Or worse yet, get no DSUs for the early requalification

A member who qualifies for Diamond with 25 stays or 50 nights (or a combination of nights + HyCard earning) between January 1 and February 28, 2017 will receive Globalist (on March 1, 2017) through February 2019.

Scenario 1: If a member is already Diamond through 2018 at the start of the new year 2017, this member will receive their 4 Suite Upgrade Awards at renewal on March 1, 2017, as always. In order to receive additional Suite Upgrade Awards, the member will need to reach 60 nights (including those from January and February) or 100,000 Base Points after March 1, 2017.

Scenario 2: If a member is not a Diamond member and qualifies for Diamond membership through February 2019 based on January & February 2017 activity, this member will receive 4 Diamond Suite Upgrade awards that will expire 2/28/17, as always and will receive 4 new Suite Upgrade Awards on March 1, 2017. In order to receive additional Suite Upgrade Awards, the member will need to reach 60 nights (including those from January and February) or 100,000 Base Points after March 1, 2017.

Scenario 3: If a member has 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 Base Points prior to March 1st, 2017, they will receive 4 Suite Upgrade Awards on March 1, 2017 and will not have the opportunity to earn more until hitting tier qualifications in 2018.

4. Are COSTCO rates excluded from being eligible rates?

No, COSTCO rates continue to be eligible rates.

5. If you only qualify based on 50k spending on a Hyatt card does that mean you don't get 4 club upgrades? If so – the 50k spending milestone is completely meaningless, no?

A member who spends $50K USD on the Hyatt credit card will attain Explorist and receive 4 club upgrade awards.

7. Will a current diamond have to make 60 nights next year or 55 nights?? to maintain the diamond/globalist tier.

A current Diamond member will transition to Globalist on March 1, 2017. This Globalist will need 60 nights or 100k Base Points in 2017 to requalify for Globalist. The member will then in 2018 need 55 nights to requalify for Globalist.

8. From Jan. 1 to Feb. 28, the Diamond benefits stay the same, i.e., Diamond amenity of 1000 points or food and beverage per stay, but the 'no resort fee on all stays and no parking fee on award stays' is not applicable. Right?

Correct, Hyatt Gold Passport will continue to operate exactly the same until the March 1, 2017, launch of World of Hyatt. All current Diamond benefits will continue through February 28, 2017.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx

They'll have to put on some amazing promos to win people back!
Precisely what Hyatt is doing now with 75k promo. They ran it twice this year.
If recession is to hit hard, I am sure they would pull out their bag of promo candies!

Promos do bring out some irrational behaviors that I see among some of my friends that stay at Hyatt 😁
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by ws8n
Precisely what Hyatt is doing now with 75k promo. They ran it twice this year.
If recession is to hit hard, I am sure they would pull out their bag of promo candies!

Promos do bring out some irrational behaviors that I see among some of my friends that stay at Hyatt 😁
That would not make much sense in the new system. You may be able justify 25 one night stays to get Diamond and 25,000 amenity points and 75,000 bonus points plus the points for the dollars spent. Needing 60 nights and losing the 25,000 amenity points plus points for lounge closings makes that irrational behavior downright insane.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Some interim answers: - Answers to 1 and 6 to follow,

[I]2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

Current Lifetime Diamond members will receive Lifetime Globalist in World of Hyatt starting with the launch on March 1, 2017. On March 1, 2017 Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 suite upgrade awards. On-going, Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 suite upgrade awards each year at renewal (March) regardless of the member’s nights or Base Points.
I just don't understand why Hyatt is saying that details of the Lifetime Globalist program will be available on March 1st. If there are absolutely NO changes, then why the suspense until March 1st? Is ANYTHING changing for those who make Lifetime Globalist AFTER March 1st vs. those who achieve it before then?

Last edited by Markie; Nov 15, 2016 at 3:26 am
Old Nov 14, 2016, 9:34 pm

Scenario 1: If a member is already Diamond through 2018 at the start of the new year 2017, this member will receive their 4 Suite Upgrade Awards at renewal on March 1, 2017, as always. In order to receive additional Suite Upgrade Awards, the member will need to reach 60 nights (including those from January and February) or 100,000 Base Points after March 1, 2017.[/I]
Thank you for the answers Markie and Hyatt team. I have a follow-up question if possible. If we earn Globalist status through Feb. 2019 via 25 stays in Jan-Feb 2017, but do not have 60 nights in 2017 and thus no additional DSUs after 3/1/17, will we earn 4 club upgrades upon reaching 30 nights in 2017?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
If a member is already Diamond through 2018 at the start of the new year 2017, this member will receive their 4 Suite Upgrade Awards at renewal on March 1, 2017, as always. [/I]
Thanks for this confirmation. It is certainly how I interpreted it, but it is comforting to have it confirmed so I can plan where to use my last DSUs.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA

A current Diamond member will transition to Globalist on March 1, 2017. This Globalist will need 60 nights or 100k Base Points in 2017 to requalify for Globalist. The member will then in 2018 need 55 nights to requalify for Globalist.[/I]

Thanks for getting this clarified. This is not how I had interpreted it, and it definitely puts an end to any slight temptation I had to try to re-qualify in 2017. I could almost see trying to reach a 55-night threshold, but 60 nights is just so totally impossible for me on solely leisure travel, so it is even easier to give up.

I'll re-qualify this year (25 stays, 42 nights) and enjoy Diamond until 28 Feb 2018, especially my last 4 DSUs to be issued 01 Mar 2017.

My only remaining quandary is whether to cut my Hyatt stays to just 30 nights in 2017 and do some stays elsewhere, or spend them all at Hyatt while I'm still Diamond/Glob.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by jpdx
It's pretty clear that this program is designed for a strong economy, which is also the cause of other lamentable recent Hyatt policy changes, such as allowing properties to game award inventory and turning the BRG program into a scam.

In an economic downturn, Hyatt will find itself in a World of Hurt -- former Diamond members will have explored other programs and realized that they must have been idiots for making do with Hyatt's limited footprint for all these years. This will spell rough times even for Hyatt's top-notch properties, but the real pain will be felt by HPs and HHs, which make up more than half of Hyatt's hotels and no longer offer any benefits to Globalists (due to the elimination of the welcome amenity).
HPs and HHs won't need to wait long to feel the Hurt. There will be a large number of room-nights that won't see Diamonds trying to make status.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:27 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
New questions:

1. If we earn Globalist status through Feb. 2019 via 25 stays in Jan-Feb 2017, but do not have 60 nights in 2017 and thus no additional DSUs after 3/1/17, will we earn 4 club upgrades upon reaching 30 nights in 2017?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.