World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 5, 16, 11:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: beltway
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 13, 16, 11:46 pm
  #1471  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX/SFO
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 46,149
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus View Post
Thinning of the herd...
Ask the DL Diamonds and UA 1Ks how that's worked out for them.

(And yes, we saw similar posts in the UA forum when PQDs were instituted. Don't hear much from those folks any more.)
Kacee is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 2:17 am
  #1472  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AMS
Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Posts: 177
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
The only one that can help you is You. Individual members don't negotiate their own rules. Rewards programs change all the time. If the new rules work out for you then great. If they don't, then move on. Only you can decide if it is worth it to continue to go out of your way to maintain status.
Never my intention to make a special deal for myself, but only with the hope that WOH understands the differences between people based in high density and low density Hyatt locations. Even many of the airlines recognize that.

I also agree it is our own personal choice as to whether we stay or go, but if possible I hope the new WOH program would take into consideration the input from those members based on the other side of the pond also.
bison1847 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 6:32 am
  #1473  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Posts: 4,760
Originally Posted by bison1847 View Post
I hope the new WOH program would take into consideration the input from those members based on the other side of the pond also.
Computer says no.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 6:44 am
  #1474  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Egham, Surrey, UK
Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Posts: 3,416
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
Computer says no.
Computer said yes to me
BAGoldBoy is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 7:28 am
  #1475  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by bison1847 View Post
Never my intention to make a special deal for myself, but only with the hope that WOH understands the differences between people based in high density and low density Hyatt locations. Even many of the airlines recognize that.

I also agree it is our own personal choice as to whether we stay or go, but if possible I hope the new WOH program would take into consideration the input from those members based on the other side of the pond also.
The issue isn't the night stay quota, it's the base point milestone. It's way too high. What is the point of setting a base point threshold at a level that is virtually unattainable prior to staying 55 nights anywhere? I mean - think about it. 54 nights at a high average pre-tax / resort fee paid rate of $300 still only gets you to $16,200 in Hyatt spending. Breakfast for diamonds is included already - so in addition to that amount you'd also have to have average $70 per day on dinner / spa, etc. to break $20,000 before 55 night stays. You'd seriously have to go out of your way not to get any good deals whatsoever on rates or use half points, etc. to accomplish this without also meeting the night stay requirement.

$12K would've made much more sense. That's the equivalent of an average per night rate of about $220 (pre-tax / fees) over 55 nights. If you are staying mostly in Europe where hotels can cost $400ish on average (assuming some half points rates), 25 nights plus a reasonable about of meal spending could then get you status.
Twinmommy19 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 7:44 am
  #1476  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Programs: Hyatt Explorist; Hilton Gold; Marriott Ambassador; Delta Gold; United Silver; Global Entry
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by Twinmommy19 View Post
The issue isn't the night stay quota, it's the base point milestone. It's way too high. What is the point of setting a base point threshold at a level that is virtually unattainable prior to staying 55 nights anywhere? I mean - think about it. 54 nights at a high average pre-tax / resort fee paid rate of $300 still only gets you to $16,200 in Hyatt spending. Breakfast for diamonds is included already - so in addition to that amount you'd also have to have average $70 per day on dinner / spa, etc. to break $20,000 before 55 night stays. You'd seriously have to go out of your way not to get any good deals whatsoever on rates or use half points, etc. to accomplish this without also meeting the night stay requirement.

$12K would've made much more sense. That's the equivalent of an average per night rate of about $220 (pre-tax / fees) over 55 nights. If you are staying mostly in Europe where hotels can cost $400ish on average (assuming some half points rates), 25 nights plus a reasonable about of meal spending could then get you status.
In addition, in most (all?) locations I have been to in the United States, the purchase of alcoholic beverages does not earn points. I wonder if that has been factored in.
duhe is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 8:07 am
  #1477  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,918
I agree the base points marker is way too high. I also think 12 or 13k would have been fair. I also think a higher stay marker like 30 or a combination stay/spend level would have been fair also.
antonius66 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 12:56 pm
  #1478  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Upper Sternistan
Posts: 8,284
We should be glad they didn't do it the airline way of nights PLUS minimum dollars.
josephstern is online now  
Old Nov 14, 16, 7:48 pm
  #1479  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Ex Plat/HY- LT Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/GfL
Posts: 10,886
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Thanks for the follow up questions.

So far:

1. I will requalify as glob in 2018 (good through feb 2019) and get 4 suite upgrade voucher if only i made 60 nights - if i requalify by 55 nights i will not get that 4 vouchers?

2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

3. For those that qualify for Diamond in Jan/Feb 2017, would we still earn DSUs? Are the DSUs get issued immediately, March 2017, or in March 2018? I'm requalified for next year now and thinking to do 19, but would hate to get 8 DSUs in a batch March 2017 and have none to use March 2018-2019. Or worse yet, get no DSUs for the early requalification

4. Are COSTCO rates excluded from being eligible rates?

5. If you only qualify based on 50k spending on a Hyatt card does that mean you don't get 4 club upgrades? If so - the 50k spending milestone is completely meaningless, no?

6. What is going to happen to members with PrivateLine agents?

7. Will a current diamond have to make 60 nights next year or 55 nights?? to maintain the diamond/globalist tier.

8. From Jan. 1 to Feb. 28, the Diamond benefits stay the same, i.e., Diamond amenity of 1000 points or food and beverage per stay, but the 'no resort fee on all stays and no parking fee on award stays' is not applicable. Right?

The email will go tomorrow so please post any further!
Thanks

Markie - Co-Mod, Hyatt
Some interim answers: - Answers to 1 and 6 to follow,

2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

Current Lifetime Diamond members will receive Lifetime Globalist in World of Hyatt starting with the launch on March 1, 2017. On March 1, 2017 Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 suite upgrade awards. On-going, Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 suite upgrade awards each year at renewal (March) regardless of the member’s nights or Base Points.

3. For those that qualify for Diamond in Jan/Feb 2017, would we still earn DSUs? Are the DSUs get issued immediately, March 2017, or in March 2018? I'm requalified for next year now and thinking to do 19, but would hate to get 8 DSUs in a batch March 2017 and have none to use March 2018-2019. Or worse yet, get no DSUs for the early requalification

A member who qualifies for Diamond with 25 stays or 50 nights (or a combination of nights + HyCard earning) between January 1 and February 28, 2017 will receive Globalist (on March 1, 2017) through February 2019.

Scenario 1: If a member is already Diamond through 2018 at the start of the new year 2017, this member will receive their 4 Suite Upgrade Awards at renewal on March 1, 2017, as always. In order to receive additional Suite Upgrade Awards, the member will need to reach 60 nights (including those from January and February) or 100,000 Base Points after March 1, 2017.

Scenario 2: If a member is not a Diamond member and qualifies for Diamond membership through February 2019 based on January & February 2017 activity, this member will receive 4 Diamond Suite Upgrade awards that will expire 2/28/17, as always and will receive 4 new Suite Upgrade Awards on March 1, 2017. In order to receive additional Suite Upgrade Awards, the member will need to reach 60 nights (including those from January and February) or 100,000 Base Points after March 1, 2017.

Scenario 3: If a member has 60 qualifying nights or 100,000 Base Points prior to March 1st, 2017, they will receive 4 Suite Upgrade Awards on March 1, 2017 and will not have the opportunity to earn more until hitting tier qualifications in 2018.

4. Are COSTCO rates excluded from being eligible rates?

No, COSTCO rates continue to be eligible rates.

5. If you only qualify based on 50k spending on a Hyatt card does that mean you don't get 4 club upgrades? If so – the 50k spending milestone is completely meaningless, no?

A member who spends $50K USD on the Hyatt credit card will attain Explorist and receive 4 club upgrade awards.

7. Will a current diamond have to make 60 nights next year or 55 nights?? to maintain the diamond/globalist tier.

A current Diamond member will transition to Globalist on March 1, 2017. This Globalist will need 60 nights or 100k Base Points in 2017 to requalify for Globalist. The member will then in 2018 need 55 nights to requalify for Globalist.

8. From Jan. 1 to Feb. 28, the Diamond benefits stay the same, i.e., Diamond amenity of 1000 points or food and beverage per stay, but the 'no resort fee on all stays and no parking fee on award stays' is not applicable. Right?

Correct, Hyatt Gold Passport will continue to operate exactly the same until the March 1, 2017, launch of World of Hyatt. All current Diamond benefits will continue through February 28, 2017.
Markie is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 8:04 pm
  #1480  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SEA/PDX/NRT/SIN almost every month. I love my sanctuary at Sentosa Cove
Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Posts: 2,219
Originally Posted by jpdx View Post

They'll have to put on some amazing promos to win people back!
Precisely what Hyatt is doing now with 75k promo. They ran it twice this year.
If recession is to hit hard, I am sure they would pull out their bag of promo candies!

Promos do bring out some irrational behaviors that I see among some of my friends that stay at Hyatt 😁
ws8n is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 8:44 pm
  #1481  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Posts: 4,760
Originally Posted by ws8n View Post
Precisely what Hyatt is doing now with 75k promo. They ran it twice this year.
If recession is to hit hard, I am sure they would pull out their bag of promo candies!

Promos do bring out some irrational behaviors that I see among some of my friends that stay at Hyatt 😁
That would not make much sense in the new system. You may be able justify 25 one night stays to get Diamond and 25,000 amenity points and 75,000 bonus points plus the points for the dollars spent. Needing 60 nights and losing the 25,000 amenity points plus points for lounge closings makes that irrational behavior downright insane.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 9:24 pm
  #1482  
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Sacramento, CA
Programs: AA,AS,BA,WN,Hyatt,Marriott
Posts: 3,929
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Some interim answers: - Answers to 1 and 6 to follow,

[I]2. If I am currently Lifetime Diamond and from 2018, will I still continue to receive the 4 upgrade suite vouchers?

Current Lifetime Diamond members will receive Lifetime Globalist in World of Hyatt starting with the launch on March 1, 2017. On March 1, 2017 Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 suite upgrade awards. On-going, Lifetime Globalists will receive 4 suite upgrade awards each year at renewal (March) regardless of the member’s nights or Base Points.
I just don't understand why Hyatt is saying that details of the Lifetime Globalist program will be available on March 1st. If there are absolutely NO changes, then why the suspense until March 1st? Is ANYTHING changing for those who make Lifetime Globalist AFTER March 1st vs. those who achieve it before then?

Last edited by Markie; Nov 15, 16 at 3:26 am
JIMCHI is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 9:34 pm
  #1483  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Scenario 1: If a member is already Diamond through 2018 at the start of the new year 2017, this member will receive their 4 Suite Upgrade Awards at renewal on March 1, 2017, as always. In order to receive additional Suite Upgrade Awards, the member will need to reach 60 nights (including those from January and February) or 100,000 Base Points after March 1, 2017.[/I]
Thank you for the answers Markie and Hyatt team. I have a follow-up question if possible. If we earn Globalist status through Feb. 2019 via 25 stays in Jan-Feb 2017, but do not have 60 nights in 2017 and thus no additional DSUs after 3/1/17, will we earn 4 club upgrades upon reaching 30 nights in 2017?
Julie17 is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 10:04 pm
  #1484  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Osaka
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Posts: 2,873
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
If a member is already Diamond through 2018 at the start of the new year 2017, this member will receive their 4 Suite Upgrade Awards at renewal on March 1, 2017, as always. [/I]
Thanks for this confirmation. It is certainly how I interpreted it, but it is comforting to have it confirmed so I can plan where to use my last DSUs.
OsakaWino is offline  
Old Nov 14, 16, 10:12 pm
  #1485  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Osaka
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Posts: 2,873
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
7. Will a current diamond have to make 60 nights next year or 55 nights?? to maintain the diamond/globalist tier.

A current Diamond member will transition to Globalist on March 1, 2017. This Globalist will need 60 nights or 100k Base Points in 2017 to requalify for Globalist. The member will then in 2018 need 55 nights to requalify for Globalist.[/I]

Thanks for getting this clarified. This is not how I had interpreted it, and it definitely puts an end to any slight temptation I had to try to re-qualify in 2017. I could almost see trying to reach a 55-night threshold, but 60 nights is just so totally impossible for me on solely leisure travel, so it is even easier to give up.

I'll re-qualify this year (25 stays, 42 nights) and enjoy Diamond until 28 Feb 2018, especially my last 4 DSUs to be issued 01 Mar 2017.

My only remaining quandary is whether to cut my Hyatt stays to just 30 nights in 2017 and do some stays elsewhere, or spend them all at Hyatt while I'm still Diamond/Glob.
OsakaWino is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: