FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JackE
Good luck with that. People with a socio-political agenda rarely admit to being wrong.
This sort of lefty socio-political agenda is one of the few things you don't have to worry about over on the Hilton side with Blackstone in charge
Old Feb 25, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
This sort of lefty socio-political agenda is one of the few things you don't have to worry about over on the Hilton side with Blackstone in charge
Yes vote number 2 Miesque?
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
So JackE could we count this as the first yes vote in the Bring GP Back Campaign?
You get to be vote #1. I'll certainly accept #2.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JackE
You get to be vote #1. I'll certainly accept #2.
x3
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Sure, count me in ^
Old Feb 25, 2017, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Miesque
Sure, count me in ^
Wow! This is monster huge. Four YES votes already. What a day.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by edgewood49
As I posted this was told to me at checkin yesterday at a property I stay at 15 times a year.
OK, let's have some details. Name the property and the position of the person who told you that points amenities will still be given to Globs.

I'm more than slightly skeptical, since this is a perk that clearly absent from the T&C.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
They are adressing this by reducing the number of dia.. i mean globaloids. While most chains took a path of diluting top tier by giving it away hyatt is trying to build some exclusivity or so i hope...
You've obviously been around Hyatt for a while. You know that Hyatt has a long and distinguished reputation for matching top tier to anyone with status at any hotel chain. They have been serial status matchers. Perhaps this will change with the new program. Perhaps not. We'll have to wait and see.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by itsallgood
OK, let's have some details. Name the property and the position of the person who told you that points amenities will still be given to Globs.

I'm more than slightly skeptical, since this is a perk that clearly absent from the T&C.
No I will not tell you the person that told me, are you kidding me? Really you think I would do that ? Whew

Right now that is over with it was a property in Seattle leave it at that.

I do not nor have I engaged nor supported rumors just posted what this person told me checking in that they were told in the morning staff meeting, this person knows me from my regular stays.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Why on earth couldnt they just start normally on jan 1???
I have no issues with program changes if thats the path tbey want to take but the rollout confusion layered with marketing drivel is too much...
Well, World of Hyatt does coincide with status expiration. Qualification has always been calendar year based, but status expiration has always happened on the first of March.

I don't see the rollout date being the/a problem with World of Hyatt.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
So in otherwords, my nights are what will count, it won't matter the number of stays?
I'll make this really simple.

HGP (old program): 25 Stays or 50 Nights qualified for Diamond status.

World of Hyatt: $20,000 Base Spend or 60 Nights qualify for Globalist status.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by JetAway
A hotel to them is a place to drop your clothes, sleep, bathe. As it was for me at that age. The idea they (or anyone) would seek out scarce and expensive Hyatts to be part of that company's "community" is absurd.
I have up-scaled from $3 wino hotels in the 60's, when i wasn't sleeping in a culvert.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

I do not nor have I engaged nor supported rumors just posted what this person told me checking in that they were told in the morning staff meeting, this person knows me from my regular stays.
You have posted things in here that were blatantly incorrect and, when called out on it multiple times, never addressed the issue. You have also claimed experiences that nobody else on this board can corroborate.

Forgive my utter lack of belief of any unsubstantiated claims you make.

And, for good measure, what you posted is absolutely an unsupported rumor.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:16 pm

No I will not tell you the person that told me, are you kidding me? Really you think I would do that ? Whew

Right now that is over with it was a property in Seattle leave it at that.

Fair enough; that was a sufficient answer for me.

I would have prefaced the statement with more skepticism if I had posted it, especially after your 1/2 stay/night credit for Hyatt House and Hyatt Place gaffe. I don't believe that the person who told you that information was correct. They either misheard what was said in the staff meeting or the person who made the statement in the staff meeting was wrong. I have no doubt that there was information shared about the checkin amenity, but it's highly likely that somewhere in the chain, someone missed that the amenity would be discontinued rather than continued on the first of March. We've all played the whisper a statement to someone and have it travel around the room - the end message rarely resembles the intended message.

I look forward to comments from other Globalists about the amenity after the first of March.

Last edited by itsallgood; Feb 25, 2017 at 8:24 pm
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
I have up-scaled from $3 wino hotels in the 60's, when i wasn't sleeping in a culvert.
^ The millennials I know wouldn't pay to stay at Hyatts. If they're making good money, they're more likely to stay at airbnb or the W, not a Hyatt. Maybe Andaz, but that's the only Hyatt brand that appeals to any of the millennials I know.

I also agree with Mary2e that Hyatt is marketing to millennials too early. They should have waited about a decade. I don't associate the Hyatt brand with young or hip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.