FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For these, the counting starts on March 1 and can extend over more than one calendar year.
I for one will be glad when the 1st comes
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I for one will be glad when the 1st comes
Me too, I just can't wait for my nice wooden box full of Glob swag.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: CX - Gold, EY- Plat, HGP - Diamond, Accor - Plat, SPG - Gold, IHG - Plat Amb
Originally Posted by solewalker
I finally received my welcome glob email today.
Likewise. Received it early morning on 21st.

As a data point, I was one of the ones befitted a status match in Nov 2015 and ended up completely committed to HGP with 10 (paid) nights in Dec 2015 and 59 (paid) nights in 2016. Already 15 nights in 2017 with hopes to re-qualify for 2018. I do find Hyatt much better compared to SPG/IHG, but the limited properties will likely cause a problem requalifying, year in and out (esp. with the 60 night requirement for full benefits).

For now however, am committed to Hyatt and am willing to go slightly out of my way for top tier (coming from IHG RA, which has always been a sort of hit or miss, and likely becoming harder to achieve with IC only stays going forward, despite revenue clarity...hate the non-benefits on points stay to boot)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: AC, Hyatt, Marriott
What is a Tier-Qualifying Night?

A Tier-Qualifying Night is any night when the member stays at a Hyatt hotel or resort or an M life Resort, pays an Eligible Rate, and associates his or her World of Hyatt membership number with the reservation.

What is an Eligible Rate?

An Eligible Rate is any hotel or resort room rate published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com, without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” and “Senior Citizen Rate”).
Does this mean "points+cash" and corporate rates no longer count as "tier-qualifying nights?"
Old Feb 21, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by MiddleSeatSurvivor
Does this mean "points+cash" and corporate rates no longer count as "tier-qualifying nights?"
No?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MiddleSeatSurvivor
Per WoH Terms & Conditions (emphasis added):
An “Eligible Rate” is defined as any hotel or resort room rate published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash Award (as defined in Appendix B)).
WoH Terms
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Not happy at all. Very disappointing moves.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by UAL250
Not happy at all. Very disappointing moves.
According to your profile you are a Hyatt Plat. Will you be a Discoverist or Explorist? And what in particular upsets you?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
According to your profile you are a Hyatt Plat. Will you be a Discoverist or Explorist? And what in particular upsets you?
Discoverist. Although I have to say, I'm a freaking moron. I read it as 10 stays, not 10 nights. I don't stay at Hyatt all the time (and I don't travel in general as much as some here), and most of my stays are only one night with them. I just generally liked the 5 number, it worked for me and I always appreciated guaranteed bed types, free wifi, and the flexibility with check out.

Again, I'm not as angry as I was originally, because I can't read
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by KC01
Likewise. Received it early morning on 21st.

As a data point, I was one of the ones befitted a status match in Nov 2015 and ended up completely committed to HGP with 10 (paid) nights in Dec 2015 and 59 (paid) nights in 2016. Already 15 nights in 2017 with hopes to re-qualify for 2018. I do find Hyatt much better compared to SPG/IHG, but the limited properties will likely cause a problem requalifying, year in and out (esp. with the 60 night requirement for full benefits).

For now however, am committed to Hyatt and am willing to go slightly out of my way for top tier (coming from IHG RA, which has always been a sort of hit or miss, and likely becoming harder to achieve with IC only stays going forward, despite revenue clarity...hate the non-benefits on points stay to boot)
Just checked in and so far this year I am 14 for 14 in suite upgrade. Was told at checkin that the bonus points are staying at checkin. As I have said before I think you will more than likely see some tweaking as we go along.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by edgewood49
Was told at checkin that the bonus points are staying at checkin..
What does this mean?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by dsquared37
What does this mean?
Obtusianus Obfuscatum strikes again.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:20 am

no love for this globalist yet.

Just did my 25th stay today. Hopefully can hit 55 nights this year!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by anchor79
no love for this globalist yet.

Just did my 25th stay today. Hopefully can hit 55 nights this year!
There is no 55 night requal this year; you'll need the full 60 even if you start as Glob on March 1. The 55 night line comes into play in 2018 but does not appear to include some Glob perks. Perhaps they'll call it Globalesst.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by dsquared37
There is no 55 night requal this year; you'll need the full 60 even if you start as Glob on March 1. The 55 night line comes into play in 2018 but does not appear to include some Glob perks. Perhaps they'll call it Globalesst.
But as Anchor79 has hit 25 stays prior to 1 March he or she should have top tier status through February 2019, irrespective of the nights stayed for the remainder of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.