Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I wonder if they hired non-millennials who pretend to think like they know millennials when coming up with these names.

As a millennial, I'm baffled by recent hotel trend in removing writing surfaces in room and now these ridiculous names...

Originally Posted by Duke787
LOL - seems about right for Hyatt IT the past 12 months.

The changes I can mostly live with (though they hurt me personally) but I can't get over how bad the names are - and I say this as someone who is in the target millennial demographic.

Millennial's like to humblebrag and take selfies to show off where they've been and what they are doing. With the precious metals it at least made sense but doesn't really work at all with these names.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
"Sorry, we can't seem to locate that page."

Wonderful.
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by J. Zidell, VP Hyatt Gold Passport
Dear FlyerTalker's,

Today, I’m excited to introduce World of Hyatt, your new loyalty program, replacing Hyatt Gold Passport® on March 1, 2017.

Simply put, World of Hyatt is a celebration of you and your journey. Beyond just great locations, luxurious rooms and top-notch amenities — it's about connecting you to the people, places and stories at the heart of your world.

We designed the program for you. We heard what makes your experiences better and more meaningful – and we tailored World of Hyatt to meet those needs, so you can expect the exceptional.

Learn all about the new program, including the new Program Terms and details for when and how your Hyatt Gold Passport membership will transition to World of Hyatt at HYATT.COM/WORLD.

I hope you’re as excited about World of Hyatt as I am.

Save travels,

Jeff Zidell
Reminds me more and more of the spin from Jeff Robertson of Delta Air Lines SkyMiles infamy and from Jeff Diskin of Hilton HHonors infamy.

Pay more, get less is what this seems to be for most "loyal customers" of Hyatt now too.

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Did you hire Jeff Robertson?

For those who often barely remain diamond, but still try to support Hyatt, it seems fairly bad for us.

Those who have 60+ nights, will be happy, of course.
The two Jeffs claimed to be friends -- a warning sign if there ever were one in this game.

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Originally Posted by sam_goh
LOL the hyatt.com/world link doesn't work....
Unbelievable, you'd think that would be checked before Jeff directs ppl to the site. Also typical of the continuing website issues.

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
Jeff:

You really had someone that you paid come up with the names of the new tier levels?

You couldn't pony up a free night, crowdsource suggestions from FlyerTalk and have the community vote on it?

Granted, FT may not be representative of your customer base, but there is no way you could have come up with something more stupid.
New mega-elite levels:

70 nights: Misanthropist
80 nights: Acupuncturist
90 nights: Jingoist
100 nights: Gynecologist
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by edcho
The elite cards in that video don't look appealing to me IMO -- not that I would carry them around anyway. Also that video overall was just ... strange.
It's a really bad video isn't it?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP CONKEY, HYATT GLOB, SPG PLAT
of course the Hyatt IT department again delivers a FAIL.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Jeff, thanks for the formal confirmation. This will be tough since I usually qualify with around 35-45 nights, but if the suite upgrades w/o DSUs end up panning out it could definitely be worth shifting some additional stays to Hyatt to qualify for the new tier.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
I would like to know what will happen with the Courtesy Card program?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NJTraveler
Unbelievable, you'd think that would be checked before Jeff directs ppl to the site. Also typical of the continuing website issues.
It almost seems like the leaks of the changes pushed Hyatt to move up the announcement of this program devaluation in the main.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:38 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by ainternational
I would like to know what will happen with the Courtesy Card program?
60 nights gets you a personal hyatt rep.
new-diamond gets you suite upgrades.

Not too sure theres a whole lot more they havent slightly pulled away from CC to make CC an upticked level.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
per the Hyatt News Release:

“The program will deliver on exactly what our members want – a broader range of benefits and more attainable rewards to experience with the most important people in their lives.”

'more attainable rewards'? Has Hyatt even read their own qualification requirements? Thousands will fall of top tier levels simply because the new rewards are LESS attainable.

Any response?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by austin_modern
60 nights gets you a personal hyatt rep.
new-diamond gets you suite upgrades.

Not too sure theres a whole lot more they havent slightly pulled away from CC to make CC an upticked level.
The personal Hyatt rep on the phone used to be something Diamonds in general could get if they but asked. But since then Hyatt has pulled back from that too.

This "take it away and give a little of it back" is an indicator of what to expect from loyalty program management figures even afterwards.

Remember when they got rid of the G stay bonuses for 500-2000 points at Hyatt properties? Remember when they got of Platinum Extras? This program change is in that vein too.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by sam_goh
LOL the hyatt.com/world link doesn't work....
Here is (now) a working link to Hyatt's announcement

http://newsroom.hyatt.com/102716Hyat...World-of-Hyatt
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:58 pm

I miss the G bonuses...but what I REALLY miss is...dare I mention it....FFN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.