Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by edgewood49
NO offense to anyone here but these posts are turning a bit nasty and full of either half truths or plain non sense. First the new program has not begun and until it does no one really knows.

Second if an easy hit to make Diamond has turned people into ugly posters than maybe you should move on. Frankly I have had for the most part great experiences with Hyatt, do I agree totally hell no, are there some properties that need to be taken to the wood shed hell yes.

I have three nights this year two different properties, I have three more stays coming totally 7 more nights. So far I have seen some increase in service and care.
NO offense, but do you really believe that any increase in service is related to WoH? The corporate team doesn't even understand the rules yet (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...att-wrong.html) and you expect a random property to treat you better now because of a program that isn't even in effect now?

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I think its the crowd of 25 stays per year Diamond members that are still bitter. Honestly, I can understand how they feel, but it is time to move on and let go.
Here is any idea: if this thread is of no interest for someone because they are happy with WoH... just don't read it.

Originally Posted by canyonleo
No, there are other segments of Diamonds that are screwed and bitter.

I'm specifically thinking of the 40-50 night / 30-40 stay group that becomes the new Platinum that loses a ton of program perks.

Another one is the one night stay group (think business traveler that does 2-3 cities mid-week each week for like 3-4 weeks/year... like a 40-50 stay 40-50 night group.
Bingo!

Last edited by notquiteaff; Jan 11, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Agreed ^

There seem to be a lot of repetitive posts with a rather negative tone. I certainly appreciate that 25 stay Diamonds will be impacted by the WOH transition. Benefits are being taken away. At the same time, it seems that benefits for more frequent/higher revenue guests will be significantly enhanced (waived resort fees, additional DSUs, maybe free parking once in a while).

I actually listened to a recording of the investor day presentation (available somewhere on Hyatt.com; the PPT that was posted earlier is from the same presentation). Hyatt executives from the CEO down made some key statements that appeared rational in basis: We are the smallest of the multi-brand hotel chains and this is a space we have thrived in for a long time; Hyatt will add new hotels in a focused way and not just for growth's sake; Hilton/Marriott etc. are still small players compared to the overall inventory of hotel rooms; Hyatt can continue to thrive by focusing on higher end travelers; understanding the needs of your best customers is key to success.

My biggest takeaway from the presentation was that the WOH redesign is part of a larger vision for the company and not a cost-cutting move just focused on the loyalty program.

Needless to say I am not a big fan of the new tier names and the quirky design of the new elite cards. I think their marketing folks went a little to far.

I think its the crowd of 25 stays per year Diamond members that are still bitter. Honestly, I can understand how they feel, but it is time to move on and let go.

Hyatt will do just fine going forward and I wish those moving over to SPG or Hilton all the best. I know that overall, Hyatt is just better. Well, compared to Hilton. I would consider the SPG-Marriott program but only if Hyatt doesn't deliver. So the bar will be set high from my perspective and Hyatt has to deliver but being a sour puss gets old.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
NO offense, but do you really believe that any increase in service is related to WoH? The corporate team doesn't even understand the rules yet (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...att-wrong.html) and you expect a random property to treat you better now because of a program that isn't even in effect now?

Here is any idea: if this thread is of no interest for someone because they are happy with WoH... just don't read it.

Bingo!
Actually I think it's a part of a new concerted effort on Hyatt's part, just as Marriott is doing with it's merger. The two properties in mentioned are not "random" stays. My pattern has been pretty much the same for the past 15 years.

As far as does the corporate team understand I have talked with several both here and internationally and ever question I asked was answered correctly, and yes I did check. And yes this is an world wide effort. This was confirmed by a manager in Dubai, who by the by knew the new program pretty well.

"Here is any idea: if this thread is of no interest for someone because they are happy with WoH... just don't read it."

ME - Really ?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
When we are ready to move on, you'll be the first to be informed.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by JackE
When we are ready to move on, you'll be the first to be informed.
+1
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
^
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:50 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sensei
My biggest takeaway from the presentation was that the WOH redesign is part of a larger vision for the company and not a cost-cutting move just focused on the loyalty program.
I guess the marketing did a good job then....
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by canyonleo
No, there are other segments of Diamonds that are screwed and bitter.

I'm specifically thinking of the 40-50 night / 30-40 stay group that becomes the new Platinum that loses a ton of program perks.

Another one is the one night stay group (think business traveler that does 2-3 cities mid-week each week for like 3-4 weeks/year... like a 40-50 stay 40-50 night group.
I'm in this group. I had 30 stays and 45 nights last year with Hyatt (excluding a few award stays) and 32 stays and 67 nights with SPG. This program will turn me into a higher revenue customer for Hyatt, so it's a win for them.

In my situation, most of my biz travel is to DC, Boston, Toronto, LA and Vancouver, where I'm fortunate to have a wide variety of choices among SPG and Hyatt. And I have no clear preferences, so often I can split up a trip with a Hyatt and SPG visit.

My focus is to hit SPG plat on stays and requalify for globalist (ugh, hate typing that name) via nights. If they didn't change the rules, I probably would have had a similar SPG/Hyatt split to last years.

Not sure how many people are in this situation (regularly visit cities full of SPG/Hyatt) who can qualify for one program on stays and one on nights, but the globalist benefits are good enough for me (especially the DSU on award stays... I way prefer DSUs to SNAs) to pursue them vs the benefits of plat50 (which ultimately for me just means one night a cat 1-5)
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am from 25 crowd and i am not bitter at all...
I would be upset if points were devalued benefits decreased etc but its not the case here.. most likely i wont hit dia again but i'll save time and money by booking on price/convenience in the future.. i can always buy up to needed perks and still save money overall..
Genuinely hate the names though
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:05 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
And on the below point too!

Hyatt will add new hotels in a focused way and not just for growth's sake; Hilton/Marriott etc. are still small players compared to the overall inventory of hotel rooms; Hyatt can continue to thrive by focusing on higher end travelers; understanding the needs of your best customers is key to success.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
And on the below point too!

Hyatt will add new hotels in a focused way and not just for growth's sake; Hilton/Marriott etc. are still small players compared to the overall inventory of hotel rooms; Hyatt can continue to thrive by focusing on higher end travelers; understanding the needs of your best customers is key to success.
I'm sorry what? The two largest hotel chains in the world are "small players"?

Ridiculous.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly.

The biggest expanse has been HP/HH with only marginal growth in Andaz and PH... and international still a very, very limited footprint.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
We are all here for the same reasons

- Dialogue
- Information
- Others experiences
- Others opinions
- Posting our own opinions

If you think someone is harping on an issue and needs to “move on”, in reality, it is you the reader of said post that needs to move on.

When the WoH was rolled out it was panned. When the AMA on reddit happened, complete with emails announcing it and promising a follow up email with a link that never actually was sent, most of us really panned WoH.

Personally Hyatt really botched the roll out of this and exasperated an already bitter pill. I think the poor sales job of WoH has made things worse. This thread was created for the intent purpose to talk about ‘World of Hyatt’. Some people, myself included, feel sort of let down by Hyatt’s corporate decision. This is something we expect out of Air Canada, not Hyatt.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by akcae
I'm sorry what? The two largest hotel chains in the world are "small players"?

Ridiculous.
They're minuscule compared to booking.com.

It helps to know the competition.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Post "Globalist" ---> Was there any clarification of resort fees waived for globalist on mlife properties?

"A daily resort fee of $32.48 (tax inclusive) will be applied to all reservations." - Luxor

LMK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.