Last edit by: beltway
Print Wikipost

World of Hyatt [Pre-Launch]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Markie
New questions:

1. If we earn Globalist status through Feb. 2019 via 25 stays in Jan-Feb 2017, but do not have 60 nights in 2017 and thus no additional DSUs after 3/1/17, will we earn 4 club upgrades upon reaching 30 nights in 2017?
I remember reading the answer to that question in the T&C at:

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...erms.html#/IVC

If, while you have an elite status higher than Explorist, you complete activity that satisfies the requirements to earn Explorist status, you will not receive Explorist Club Upgrade Awards unless and until you are placed into the Explorist tier for the Calendar Year immediately following such qualifying activity.

So in the example, the Club upgrades would not be awarded at the 30-night point in 2017, since status would still be Glob at that point, but they would be awarded at the time of demotion to Explo (01 March 2018) and would be good for 1 year from date of issue.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger
A possible question seven if I may.

The room upgrade benefit for Globalists states "Enjoy an upgrade at check-in, up to standard suites". Does this mean a Globalist is guaranteed a suite (subject to availability), or simply that an upgrade of some description, up to and including a suite, will occur? At the moment, the benefit reads like the latter.
New questions:

1. If we earn Globalist status through Feb. 2019 via 25 stays in Jan-Feb 2017, but do not have 60 nights in 2017 and thus no additional DSUs after 3/1/17, will we earn 4 club upgrades upon reaching 30 nights in 2017?
May I enquire as to why my question didn't make the cut?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by danger
May I enquire as to why my question didn't make the cut?
That also seems to be answered in the T&C at:

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...terms.html#/VC

Globalists will receive the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including standard suites and rooms with Club lounge-access.

Currently Diamonds are entitled to receive the best available room, excluding suites. Globalists will be entitled to the best available room, including standard suites.

I imagine this will result in more suites being reclassified as specialty suites, a trend that has already underway due to the large number of DSUs that were issued earlier in the year.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
That also seems to be answered in the T&C at:

https://goldpassport.hyatt.com/conte...terms.html#/VC

Globalists will receive the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including standard suites and rooms with Club lounge-access.

Currently Diamonds are entitled to receive the best available room, excluding suites. Globalists will be entitled to the best available room, including standard suites.

I imagine this will result in more suites being reclassified as specialty suites, a trend that has already underway due to the large number of DSUs that were issued earlier in the year.
Okay. Fair enough.

The WOH page said "An upgrade at check-in, up to standard suites". The above language is much stronger.

I'd check it out on the website myself but, would you believe, the site is down!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by duhe
In addition, in most (all?) locations I have been to in the United States, the purchase of alcoholic beverages does not earn points. I wonder if that has been factored in.
I think this is another good Jeff question for clarification. Does anything else billed to your room during a stay qualify for Hyatt base point credit besides spa treatments and dining? Alcohol? Excursions / activities? Kids club fees? Paid room upgrades? Anything else???

Also - regarding base point earning when not staying at the Hyatt - how will that work? For instance, if a spa is not directly affiliated with Hyatt (for example Park Hyatt Beaver Creek) would you have to be staying at the Hyatt and bill the spa services to your room to get base credit?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Premier Platinum
Would Globalist who doesn't make the 30n be softlanded to Explorist in 2018? Please add this question to the list.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 8:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
New questions:

2. Does anything else billed to your room during a stay qualify for Hyatt base point credit besides spa treatments and dining? Alcohol? Excursions / activities? Kids club fees? Paid room upgrades? Anything else???

3. Regarding base point earning when not staying at the Hyatt - how will that work? For instance, if a spa is not directly affiliated with Hyatt (for example Park Hyatt Beaver Creek) would you have to be staying at the Hyatt and bill the spa services to your room to get base credit?

4. Would Globalist who doesn't make the 30n be softlanded to Explorist in 2018?

5. Terms & Conditions of the Lifetime Globalist program won't be available until March 1st, which leads me to believe there may be some surprises. Will there be any difference whatsoever between benefits or conditions between those who will be Lifetime Diamonds (Globalists) before March 1st and those who qualify after March 1st. I just don't understand why they can't be upfront with the terms and conditions now.

Last edited by Markie; Nov 15, 2016 at 8:45 pm
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:09 pm

Thanks in advance Markie for gathering these Qs together.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat since 2008. Hyatt Diamond since 2015
Thanks for collecting our questions!
Old Nov 15, 2016, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by igoncrazy
Thanks for collecting our questions!
If there happens to be an OWB available when you check-in, for the duration of your stay (seems unlikely), I don't see why they wouldn't give it to you.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Thanks for getting this clarified. This is not how I had interpreted it, and it definitely puts an end to any slight temptation I had to try to re-qualify in 2017. I could almost see trying to reach a 55-night threshold, but 60 nights is just so totally impossible for me on solely leisure travel, so it is even easier to give up.

I'll re-qualify this year (25 stays, 42 nights) and enjoy Diamond until 28 Feb 2018, especially my last 4 DSUs to be issued 01 Mar 2017.

My only remaining quandary is whether to cut my Hyatt stays to just 30 nights in 2017 and do some stays elsewhere, or spend them all at Hyatt while I'm still Diamond/Glob.
+1 on 60 vs. 55. To do 60, I'd have to give up my 2 free Chase nights and cat 1-7 free night. And then I'd still likely be short.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the 60 for the first year, yeah, big change. There was already no chance for me, but I kept hope alive a little in the back of my mind.

So that's +20 over this year once you include the removal of HyCard nights.

Love to see a chart in March of 2018 of how there was a bubble this year from SPG matches, 2017 returns to "normal" and then 2018 only has the most hardcore domestic road-warriors.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:36 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
2. Does anything else billed to your room during a stay qualify for Hyatt base point credit besides spa treatments and dining? Alcohol? Excursions / activities? Kids club fees? Paid room upgrades? Anything else???

3. Regarding base point earning when not staying at the Hyatt - how will that work? For instance, if a spa is not directly affiliated with Hyatt (for example Park Hyatt Beaver Creek) would you have to be staying at the Hyatt and bill the spa services to your room to get base credit?

4. Would Globalist who doesn't make the 30n be softlanded to Explorist in 2018?

5. Terms & Conditions of the Lifetime Globalist program won't be available until March 1st, which leads me to believe there may be some surprises. Will there be any difference whatsoever between benefits or conditions between those who will be Lifetime Diamonds (Globalists) before March 1st and those who qualify after March 1st. I just don't understand why they can't be upfront with the terms and conditions now.
6. Can you please address the fact that it is so much harder for members from Europe to qualify under the new conditions (when it was already harder previously), due to the lack of Hyatt Place hotels and the generally small international footprint? Isn't it contradictory to call the new level Globalist, but to make attaining it mostly only possible for people who live in the USA?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Football Fan
6. Can you please address the fact that it is so much harder for members from Europe to qualify under the new conditions (when it was already harder previously), due to the lack of Hyatt Place hotels and the generally small international footprint? Isn't it contradictory to call the new level Globalist, but to make attaining it mostly only possible for people who live in the USA?
Have you considered vacationing in the U.S.? I don't get your argument. Hyatt is an American company so the fact there are more Hyatt hotels in the U.S. shouldn't really come as a surprise.

I really like Lufthansa and would love to fly more and earn top status with them. Unfortunately, they don't do domestic flights in the U.S. so it's harder for me to earn miles. Should they make it easier for Americans?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 4:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1
Have you considered vacationing in the U.S.? I don't get your argument. Hyatt is an American company so the fact there are more Hyatt hotels in the U.S. shouldn't really come as a surprise.

I really like Lufthansa and would love to fly more and earn top status with them. Unfortunately, they don't do domestic flights in the U.S. so it's harder for me to earn miles. Should they make it easier for Americans?
A UA*G earning LH*G from mostly US flying isn't all that difficult as it is for a European Hyatt Diamond to earn Hyatt Globalist status from mostly US Hyat Place/Hyatt House/domestic stays.

Some airlines make status acquisition/retention easier for customers in some markets than other markets. DL is an example of that. SAS is another example. And there are more. Some hotels also do this kind of thing, in some way or another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.