Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New HR coming to SYD (11/30/16)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:37 am
Original Poster
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
New HR coming to SYD (11/30/16)

So I heard some rumours but dismissed them... but they are true!

The FP SYD is rebranding as a HR http://www.facebook.com/HyattAustral...60519720739160

Here's to cheaper mattress runs, albeit I expect more than AUD $250 a night
Old Jun 9, 2016, 2:57 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
cool - great news!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:09 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
In the 90s there were talks of a lesser Hyatt for guests who didn't want to pay PH prices. It only took two decades!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:56 am

The Four Points was undergoing renovation and construction and becoming "too nice" to be a Four Points. HR will be a good fit. Looking forward to it-I like the location as an alternative to that of the PH. And to the crazy pricing of the PH.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JetAway
The Four Points was undergoing renovation and construction and becoming "too nice" to be a Four Points. HR will be a good fit. Looking forward to it-I like the location as an alternative to that of the PH. And to the crazy pricing of the PH.
I completely agree. GM apparently stating that they were consulted for the renovations.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
^^^

I stayed at the 4P a few years ago and it was well above 4P standard. Even better if it's being renovated.

Great property, and saving it from Marriott is a big plus. Would love to see other nice Starwood properties make the same shift.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Great news! I've stayed at the 4P a few times and it's a really nice property. The suites are fantastic!
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by craigthemif
^^^

..... Would love to see other nice Starwood properties make the same shift.
^^^
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:24 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hyatt Announces Plans for a Hyatt Regency Hotel in Sydney

Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with a M&L Hospitality affiliate for a Hyatt Regency hotel in Sydney, Australia. The hotel, located at 161 Sussex Street and previously part of the Four Points by Sheraton brand, will be rebranded to Hyatt Regency Sydney at midnight on November 30, 2016, marking the Hyatt Regency brands return to Sydney.

Hyatt Regency Sydney will enter the Australian market during a time of growing demand for business, Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) and leisure travel. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the market saw 7.6 million visitor arrivals for the year ending February 2016, which was an increase of 9 percent compared to the previous year.

We are thrilled to work with M&L Hospitality to bring the Hyatt Regency brand back to Sydney, said David Udell, group president Asia Pacific, Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Hyatt hotels have been operating in Australia for more than 30 years, providing a solid foundation for future growth in what is a dynamic market. This hotel will resonate with business and leisure travelers alike, and furthermore, we believe this hotel will be a leader in providing outstanding exhibition and function spaces so meeting planners can enable attendees to have a great experience.

Following a significant $250 million redevelopment and refurbishment, Hyatt Regency Sydney will enjoy an unparalleled location in the Sydney Central Business District adjacent to Darling Harbour, providing the perfect setting for corporate, leisure and meeting and events programs. This expansion will also include a new 24-story tower and 222 additional guestrooms, making Hyatt Regency Sydney the largest upscale, full service hotel in Australia with a total room count of 892. Additionally, the hotel will introduce a 272-seat all day dining restaurant, which will build off Hyatts history of culinary excellence, and will also feature the only hotel rooftop bar in Sydney and a Regency Club lounge with stunning panoramic views of the harbor.

The hotel will feature more than 37,100 square feet (3,450 square meters) of state-of-the-art meeting spaces for events, including two ballrooms that can seat more than 1,000 people, which will be part of the new pillar-less convention center with panoramic views of Darling Harbour. With a four-ton car lift and a four-ton goods lift, as well as a separate coach check-in facility for expedited registration for large groups, the hotel is positioned to become the preferred choice for conference organizers locally and globally.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:26 pm
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Very nice! Please continue to expand your footprint quickly. More resorts in the Carribean and Europe would be nice, too ^
Old Jun 9, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Is there a planned date where this hotel will be available on the Hyatt website? I'm looking for a hotel there in early 2017.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

GPConcierge will it finally have valet parking?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
This will finally get us back to Sydney. Would like to stay a week and simply cannot afford the PH for that long of a stay.

Thinking of April/May 2017, so hope they don't wait until the rebranding date to give it a Hyatt website.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:47 am
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
This will finally get us back to Sydney. Would like to stay a week and simply cannot afford the PH for that long of a stay.

Thinking of April/May 2017, so hope they don't wait until the rebranding date to give it a Hyatt website.
As per this article, it should be operational under the HR brand starting December 1st.

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/hya...sydney-market/
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:33 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

FWIW, I just BRGed this place for AUD179.28 all-in for summer 2017 ... it's still listed on the SPG site and can be had cheaper on various competing sites, and SPG will approve BRGs minus 20% discount. No idea what the Hyatt's rates will be, but I assume more than this, so I'm happy to have something locked in at a reasonable price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.