Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Warning: hyatt.com times out, but your reservation is confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Today hyatt.com was having an especially bad day IME. I had to repeatedly start over to make reservations, with lots of "timed out due to inactivity" responses when I hadn't hesitated at all before making my selection or entering information. I also got lots of error messages and had difficulty staying logged in during the process. Selecting hotels/rates/rooms often resulted in the statement that I must log in and be a member to see my reservations (which I wasn't trying to do).

To my shock, several times when I had the message that it had timed out and I should start over again to make the reservation, I later discovered that the first reservation in fact had been confirmed.

This wasn't much of a problem for me, beyond my extreme frustration with Hyatt IT, but it could be a huge problem if one is doing nonrefundable bookings or if there are deposits taken and credit limit issues.

Please don't assume that you don't have a reservation when hyatt.com does funky things and tells you to start over. Either go to the list of your reservations to verify (which will probably require you to log in yet again) or wait a few minutes and look for an email confirmation.

End of public service announcement.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Today hyatt.com was having an especially bad day IME. I had to repeatedly start over to make reservations, with lots of "timed out due to inactivity" responses when I hadn't hesitated at all before making my selection or entering information. I also got lots of error messages and had difficulty staying logged in during the process. Selecting hotels/rates/rooms often resulted in the statement that I must log in and be a member to see my reservations (which I wasn't trying to do).

To my shock, several times when I had the message that it had timed out and I should start over again to make the reservation, I later discovered that the first reservation in fact had been confirmed.

This wasn't much of a problem for me, beyond my extreme frustration with Hyatt IT, but it could be a huge problem if one is doing nonrefundable bookings or if there are deposits taken and credit limit issues.

Please don't assume that you don't have a reservation when hyatt.com does funky things and tells you to start over. Either go to the list of your reservations to verify (which will probably require you to log in yet again) or wait a few minutes and look for an email confirmation.

End of public service announcement.
If it was only today... and agree, be very aware with CC ... Hyatt really sucks with personnal data. 3 cards in fraud here because of them. I don't trust those people anymore : CASH only !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.