Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Unbound Collection (New Brand / Flag)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, Fairmont, SPG, AA, WN

The Unbound Collection by Hyatt launches with properties around the world, including The Driskill Hotel in Austin, Texas; the Hôtel du Louvre in Paris, France; the Carmelo Resort & Spa in Carmelo, Uruguay; and the Coco Palms Resort in Kauai, Hawaii, which is expected to undergo a revitalization and re-open in spring 2018. Future hotels in The Unbound Collection by Hyatt will be equally story-worthy, whether it be through a fascinating past, an exclusive location, famous architecture and design, or an award-winning dining experience

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...0302005834/en/
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Ah that's awesome.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

How many fantasy brands can you come up with.... Great thinking Hyatt, or not
I had to check my calendar first to see if I was mistaken, but April 1st is still a long way to go..... what a waste of resources. Like they don't have better things to do.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Now Hyatt seems to be creating lots of new brands just like some of its competitors.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:34 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

"Free from constraint and convention" - doesn't that sound like Andaz "individual"?

Agreed that this proliferation of flags is out of control. Centric was launched in the last year and now this.

I remember at one time, there was supposed to be an Andaz in Austin and HDL (Louvre Paris) was supposed to be an Andaz.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Is this just a way to avoid brand standards/uniformity?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
I prefer to see more Hyatt hotels (and especially in Europe), not more Hyatt Brands..
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:49 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

The Unbound Collection by Hyatt

Dear Flyertalkers,

Today, I’m excited to welcome a new brand to the Hyatt portfolio – The Unbound Collection by Hyatt. At these hotels, guests have the freedom to be themselves and impart sharable, story-worthy experiences. Infused with Hyatt’s excellence, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt consists of independent hotels with distinct character or rich histories in enviable locations like Paris, France, Austin, Texas and Carmelo, Uruguay. As a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you can earn and redeem your points and enjoy your benefits – just like you would at any Hyatt hotel. Find out more at www.unboundcollectionbyhyatt.com and tell your friends, families and followers about The Unbound Collection by Hyatt.

Safe travels,

Jeff Zidell
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Looks like "follow the leader". Starwood have their Tribute portfolio. Hilton have Curio, etc. etc.

All designed to basically let properties do whatever they want, whilst keeping the fees rolling into corporate. "Unbound" is just making that obvious - unbound by any corporate standards. This will be fine if it's limited to iconic properties and elite benefits are respected. Not so fine if any old hotel can sign up to Hyatt and not bother with renovations.

I suppose it was coming. Hotel du Louvre, a Hyatt hotel, doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Coco palms.... seems that some are existing hotels e.g. driskill and the Paris de louvre property.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:09 am

I agree.

How is this supposed to be different from Andaz? Hyatt is a small enough brand to support only a few labels. I think they will start losing their following if the somewhat loyal but not heavily informed travelers don't even recognize the brands anymore. I honestly don't even know what is behind all the brand proliferation going one. Everyone is doing it and I don't see its advantages. If they are going after the millennial generation who may not want the standard Hyatt hierarchy and "chain" approach, then make ONE umbrella boutique brand and have each hotel clearly market to their strengths and "vibe". So much better than Centric, Andaz, Unbound, etc.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Seems like there are far bigger fish to fry at Hyatt than creating a redundant brand.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by peteropny
Agreed that this proliferation of flags is out of control. Centric was launched in the last year and now this.
Indeed. Marketing über alles!

Originally Posted by craigthemif
All designed to basically let properties do whatever they want, whilst keeping the fees rolling into corporate. "Unbound" is just making that obvious - unbound by any corporate standards.
+1
Marriott's new "Edition" properties are not required to provide a breakfast benefit.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:49 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Peatisback
Is this just a way to avoid brand standards/uniformity?
That wouldn't surprise me, as it would be a way for Hyatt to placate/attract some hotel owners (who/which may be tipped to shop around otherwise) and still get a slice of that pie. Even the name "unbound" sounds like it.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:56 am
Community Director Emerita

How many hotels are currently part of this brand? I only saw the Driskill (Austin) on the site.

Will the same Gold Passport benefits apply?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.