Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Unbound Collection (New Brand / Flag)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Unbound Collection (New Brand / Flag)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
How many hotels are currently part of this brand? I only saw the Driskill (Austin) on the site.

Will the same Gold Passport benefits apply?
I saw Driskill, Hotel du Louvre, Carmelo Resort/Spa, and a Hawaii hotel under development when clicking on the ">" under/next to the picture.

The website for the collection seems rather unsophisticated in some ways yet trying to hard to be something more complex than it should be IMO.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
The Hawaii picture looks to be from Kauai's Na Pali coast. I really hope they have plans to develop one in or near Princeville. The Westin timeshare will most likely be gone next year once the Marriott merger is completed. So will be looking for a replacement using points when we go back.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:23 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

How many hotels are currently part of this brand? I only saw the Driskill (Austin) on the site.

Will the same Gold Passport benefits apply?
Hyatt Gold Passport benefits will apply. We will be adding more hotels soon!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:33 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
The Hawaii picture looks to be from Kauai's Na Pali coast. I really hope they have plans to develop one in or near Princeville. The Westin timeshare will most likely be gone next year once the Marriott merger is completed. So will be looking for a replacement using points when we go back.
This is the hotel on Kauai.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...tt-2017-a.html
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
tribute portfolio in Hyatt version?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
I wonder if the Bellevue Hotel name will return to the current Hyatt at the Bellevue in Philadelphia. Management once told me they were hoping to regain the Park Hyatt flag, but it looks like that goal disappeared a while back so this new flag would make sense. I'm also pretty sure that one picture on the website is of Philadelphia city hall, so maybe this is already in the works.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

It's on the East side of Kauai, IIRC not directly oceanfront but across the roadway. For reference, GH in Poipu is the southern part of the island and the St Regis / Westin is on the northern part in Princeville. Certainly nowhere near the Napili Coast which is near the northwest corner of the island.

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I wonder if the Bellevue Hotel name will return to the current Hyatt at the Bellevue in Philadelphia. Management once told me they were hoping to regain the Park Hyatt flag, but it looks like that goal disappeared a while back so this new flag would make sense. I'm also pretty sure that one picture on the website is of Philadelphia city hall, so maybe this is already in the works.
I didn't look but could be. While I like the property, it is certainly not up to PH standards and to bring it to that level would be cost prohibitive.

Edit just looked at the website and indeed there is a picture of the city hall of Philadelphia - but some of the other pictures are very non descript so doesn't necessarily lead me to any conclusion.

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 2, 2016 at 1:53 pm
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Is it me, or does this new chain remind you of a S & M magazine or website? Or a bookbinder chat site?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Is it me, or does this new chain remind you of a S & M magazine or website? Or a bookbinder chat site?
Now that you mention it - yes. Anyone else remember 'Yattit?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Just wait for the coming announcement of the next Hyatt brand--Rebound. It is a new lifestyle brand for people who have recently ended a relationship.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Just wait for the coming announcement of the next Hyatt brand--Rebound. It is a new lifestyle brand for people who have recently ended a relationship.
Especially for those S&M ones?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by peteropny
Especially for those S&M ones?
Bring out the Gimp!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
We really don't need new branding. The Driskill will still be its same old self. What we need is a PROMOTION. Come on Hyatt.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:08 pm

The graphic on their website has the Space Needle; wonder if a Seattle property is soon to come.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, Fairmont, SPG, AA, WN
I drove past Coco Palms last month and didn't see any activity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.