Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 12:56 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Every user can create a wiki, we don't need a mod to do it.

As well, this is supposed to be the flame-free thread for newbies to ask questions without being told to "go search" or "look at the wiki." That's one of the reasons the ambassador program was created - to make sure newbies and newbies to the forum don't get hit with those lines.
Exactly. Which is why I don't think it's a good idea for a wiki for this thread. Also, this thread is for members, particularly ambassadors, to help out other members which is why I personally make it a point not to answer questions unless it's been there for several hours when I see it or if an incorrect answer has been given. This thread is not about the mods either.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:08 pm

What are the odds of PH Tokyo or GH Tokyo opening up C+P availability in November? I found GHT has C+P for 5 of the 7 nights I'll be over there. No clue why the other two days don't have C+P availability.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm finding C&P being far harder to get these days. I tried to make a few reservations at different locations, one at a HP in CT, and there was no availability. I was able to make a point reservation though.

I would book what is available and keep trying. You might be able to use your points for the other 2 nights.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:02 pm

Yes to all.

You always get diamond benefits, no matter the manner paid.
what if you booked 2 rooms under your name, paid for them with points and cash (one room for you, another for immediate family) - do you get 2 diamond amenities?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:03 pm

Technically, you should only get them for one room, but I've received them for two. It's up to the hotel. At least it was that way the last time I checked.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
So, been messing around with my HGP account online: I wanted to see if there was any way we could use one of my GF's free CC Sign-Up bonus nights for a night at Hyatt Times Square for new years (Currently only advance prepaid non-refundable available online for $3K).... so went into my account to look at options for modifying an upcoming trip to PH Maldives (Which is where both her free nights are currently being used). For the night at the PH Maldives that I was looking to modify, under award redemption, it offered me to use a promotional free night, which I was unaware that I had---- so I looked at my account detail, and I have an unexplained Cat 1-4 free night available through Jan 9, 2017.

The free award night is not under the anniversary night category, I don't expect to get that award for another couple months.
I tried with high hopes to book the PH Maldives online via that method, but alas that was asking too much, and it wouldn't allow. So I called HGP to inquire about where the award came from.

The rep consulted with a few others, and their consensus was that they did not know why it was there, it was possibly a system glitch, it was just loaded today (which made sense to me, since it expires a year from today), but they said that if I used it to book, they would not take it away (albeit admitting they probably shouldn't tell me that). So then my immediate thought was: Use it for an upcoming HRSF stay and save 15K points, use the 15K points + 10K more on the night at the PH Maldives---making my girlfriend's credit card bonus night available for Hyatt Times Square. Sadly, the HRSF is inexplicably sold out for the night I am staying (Mid-week single night stay in April), so I was unable to modify said reservation.

Still curious, I inquired about using a free CC Bonus night at the Hyatt Times Square. The rep told me there was no HGP availability for the standard room, and thus I could not redeem a CC night for it. The standard room is however available for advance pre-purchase.

Ultimately, I think things will have to stay the way they are for now, just need to figure out where to use the free cat 1-4 night quickly just in case it was a glitch and in case it's taken away. Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading. If clarification on anything is needed, let me know. Insights appreciated! Joe.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Every user can create a wiki, we don't need a mod to do it.

As well, this is supposed to be the flame-free thread for newbies to ask questions without being told to "go search" or "look at the wiki." That's one of the reasons the ambassador program was created - to make sure newbies and newbies to the forum don't get hit with those lines.
I know that any user can add it hence when I said I started to but didn't want to step on any toes.

The reason I mention it though is that I do point people to other threads quite often, esp the great FAQs on points. Yet I always have to go out of the thread and copy the link to paste back here. It's easy to say there is a link to the thread in the Wiki. Or check out the Chase credit card link in the Wiki. You can point someone to a Wiki without being obnoxious about it (which does happen in other threads).
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:46 am

That's in other threads. This thread, specifically, should not have the words "use search" or "check the wiki."

Linking to other threads is OK.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
That's in other threads. This thread, specifically, should not have the words "use search" or "check the wiki."

Linking to other threads is OK.
That's what I was saying, a minimum just have a link to the other threads. You can say "there is a link in the wiki to xyz thread" and it not deface the fact of being a newbie thread.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 10:35 am

I don't mind getting information for a newbie, particularly in this thread.

Essentially, it was created for ambassadors to help newbies by being very helpful and friendly.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 1:49 pm

It's all good. Hence the reason why I asked the question before just making a Wiki. But I do want to reiterate that Wiki does not equate unfriendly or unhelpful.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
It's all good. Hence the reason why I asked the question before just making a Wiki. But I do want to reiterate that Wiki does not equate unfriendly or unhelpful.
I generally agree but perhaps a better place for a wiki would be at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ease-read.html rather than here. Then perhaps link to that as part of the answer to questions in this thread. A wiki for that thread is not a bad idea anyways - I've been meaning to update the FAQs but have not gotten around to it.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I generally agree but perhaps a better place for a wiki would be at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ease-read.html rather than here. Then perhaps link to that as part of the answer to questions in this thread.
I do always link to that post. Just tedious to leave to open a new window. Go to that thread, copy the link, and then come back to paste it. I think I've done it at least 5 times in the last couple of months. But it is, what it is.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
I do always link to that post. Just tedious to leave to open a new window. Go to that thread, copy the link, and then come back to paste it. I think I've done it at least 5 times in the last couple of months. But it is, what it is.
I'm not saying no to a wiki for this thread but if one were to be created I would hope that questions are answered along with a link to the wiki and not just a link. There are very few questions that have not been asked before but everyone, including me, was a newbie to the program once and not sure of the right answer, I'm even surprised every now and then in the forum with a twist that I don't know. Even GP doesn't know all the nuances of the program.

Thank you for your informative help to the forum.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:18 am

Diamond DSU Cancellation

Hi, as you can see by the number of posts, I'm a noob here.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried cancelling a reservation with DSU applied since their system upgrade.

I applied a DSU on a reservation a few days ago but now need to change to a different hotel. As a few others have mentioned in the DSU thread, DSU hasn't been deducting since the upgrade. I'm just wondering if I cancel the booking will it correctly credit my DSU award again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.