Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2023, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbeckett
The following info may be helpful for all newbies:

Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 award at 30 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-7 award at 60 night milestone: expiration 6 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at annual renewal: expiration 12 months later.
Chase WoH credit card issued CAT 1-4 award at $15k spend: expiration 12 months later.
Hyatt issued CAT 1-4 Brand explorer award (for every 5 brands): expiration 12 months later.

Print Wikipost

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wiivile
Are club rooms and suites usually on high floors or low floors?
In my limited experience, club rooms have been on high floors. Suites vary though, even within the same hotel. For example one hotel in particular, I've had a suite on the like 13th floor and one on the 29th floor. The club level was on like the 26th floor. If you have a hotel in particular that you are curious about, you should call the hotel and ask.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:00 pm

If I book my stay via Visa Signature concierge.
Do I still get Diamond benefits and points for the stay?

"With every booking, Visa Signature cardholders receive:

Best available rate guarantee
Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, when available
Complimentary continental breakfast daily
$25 USD food or beverage credit
VIP Guest status
3PM check-out upon request, when available"
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes, you always get diamond benefits no matter where you book.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
Yes, you always get diamond benefits no matter where you book.
that's wonderful! thank you
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by kodansha999
If I book my stay via Visa Signature concierge.
Do I still get Diamond benefits and points for the stay?

"With every booking, Visa Signature cardholders receive:

Best available rate guarantee
Automatic room upgrade upon arrival, when available
Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi, when available
Complimentary continental breakfast daily
$25 USD food or beverage credit
VIP Guest status
3PM check-out upon request, when available"
However, I'm not sure if you will get the points for the room rate or stay credit. You would still get points though for external expenses such as restaurants or a resort fee.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cdancer20
However, I'm not sure if you will get the points for the room rate or stay credit.
Why not points and stay credit? Visa concierge isn't an opaque web site or discount dealbroker... Hyatt GP Terms & Conditions exclude internet booking sites like expedia and other "internet travel" but Visa concierge is just a travel agent - and I've always gotten full credit for travel agency bookings. Anyone here have first person experience with point and stay credit for bookings made via Amex/Visa/Discover travel card agencies?
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by SportsTech
Why not points and stay credit? Visa concierge isn't an opaque web site or discount dealbroker... Hyatt GP Terms & Conditions exclude internet booking sites like expedia and other "internet travel" but Visa concierge is just a travel agent - and I've always gotten full credit for travel agency bookings. Anyone here have first person experience with point and stay credit for bookings made via Amex/Visa/Discover travel card agencies?
I don't know so that's why I said it. I know that some work - like Citi Concierge or Amex FHR, while others like AmexTravel do not. I don't remember if Visa Signature is on the list to work or not. I vaguely remember that it might be but I don't know, hence my statement. I agree that someone with direct experience should way in.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA MM
I am redeeming some points for a fairly cheap Hyatt Place (5000 / night). I'd like to stay 4 nights, but have only 15K points to burn. I can do "points + cash" but the ratio isn't very good - $50/night for a $80 room. I could do better if I took 3 nights fully free with my 15K points, and booked a separate night for $80 AAA rate. Any problem with this? I'd be hoping the local staff would just let me check out of the first one and in on the second one without room change, of course. Thanks folks!
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
I am redeeming some points for a fairly cheap Hyatt Place (5000 / night). I'd like to stay 4 nights, but have only 15K points to burn. I can do "points + cash" but the ratio isn't very good - $50/night for a $80 room. I could do better if I took 3 nights fully free with my 15K points, and booked a separate night for $80 AAA rate. Any problem with this? I'd be hoping the local staff would just let me check out of the first one and in on the second one without room change, of course. Thanks folks!
No problem. At check in just let them know you have 2 reservations and they will merge it. As long as it's the same room type you should be able to keep the same room.
As for the points shortage, do you have any Chase UR points to transfer in?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:25 am

If a standard suite is available to pay in it's entirety, it does not have to be available to use with C&P using a DSU, or if you pay for a regular room and want to use a DSU.

The comment was about them being available if a standard suite was available for purchase at the going rate and if it was being able to use a DSU for it. That is not the case. Just because a standard suite is available for purchase does not make it available for DSU usage.
So based on this convo on another page, I have to again challenge your stance on this. The blogger actually posted that he directly reached out to Hyatt - " So I waited to post on it until I was able to ask Hyatt about this myself. I reached out for clarification and I was told unequivocably: To clarify, Diamond Suite Upgrade inventory (standard suites) is not capacity controlled. The same Diamond Suite inventory is available whether a Hyatt Gold Passport member is booking a Hyatt rate or points + cash."

Originally Posted by Kacee
The supposedly "definitive" Hyatt statement on this issue is the one Gary Leff published:

Hyatt's Confirmed Suite Upgrades Aren't Capacity Controlled.

It seems a safe bet that Hyatt is having trouble with certain properties on this issue, thus the silence from HGP Concierge in this thread.

Last edited by cdancer20; Oct 13, 2016 at 6:55 am
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
OP. You can also call HGP to do your booking. They can put the entire reservation under one number but with the separate rates.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: UA MM
OP. You can also call HGP to do your booking. They can put the entire reservation under one number but with the separate rates.
Great, thanks for this tip!! And the other replies too.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
So based on this convo on another page, I have to again challenge your stance on this. The blogger actually posted that he directly reached out to Hyatt - " So I waited to post on it until I was able to ask Hyatt about this myself. I reached out for clarification and I was told unequivocably: To clarify, Diamond Suite Upgrade inventory (standard suites) is not capacity controlled. The same Diamond Suite inventory is available whether a Hyatt Gold Passport member is booking a Hyatt rate or points + cash."
Challenge away. I don't do blogs, particularly from 2015.

My experience at various properties in the US has been different. Suites on a DSU are capacity controlled.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:55 am

Challenge away. I don't do blogs, particularly from 2015.

My experience at various properties in the US has been different. Suites on a DSU are capacity controlled.
Your experience though doesn't mean that they aren't doing it wrong. Lots of people continuously see Hyatt go against what the defined policy is such as the using DSU on cash rates vs P&C rates. Or when a hotel doesn't have standard room availability but there are still standard rooms available if you book one of their package deals (not sure if this is a policy but it's definitely shady).

Last edited by cdancer20; Oct 13, 2016 at 8:04 am
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: BA
do the all-inclusives ever participate in points+cash?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.