Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Payment Card Incident Investigation Complete

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Payment Card Incident Investigation Complete

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by frenchft
they drove me crazy and they are dealing with this problem very slowly ...
Blame Hyatt for getting compromised and for the lack of transparancy.... but after that there's little they can do.

Last edited by RTW1; Feb 16, 2016 at 4:54 am
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
Angry

Originally Posted by RTW1
Blame Hyatt for getting compromised and for the lack of transparancy.... but after that there's little they can do.
depends of the people, if you like to be scamed (this lake of IT and security, even at front desk is a real scam, it's not just a small issue) and being treated with a lake of respect (not to say like a ....) it's your problem.

I'm not this kind of guy : respect and trust is everything. When ones .... makes me problems, change my plans and cost me money i say STOP and i don't give up, never!

In my case : i will not leave them quiet till they compensate the cost (regarding the consequences- quite big in my case- i have suffer regarding business, time and money from their lake of everything). Shame on them!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
PS : they don't feel ashamed to send the freddies awards email... while they are not able to answer to clients email... Seriously... they really have to wake up and >>> fire the army of incompetent they have in their IT / Marketing and client support dpt!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I just received a call from my bank saying that MasterCard had inform them of a potential fraud problem. I asked them if it was related to Hyatt and they said that the investigation is continuing and they don't have details where the breach was but that MasterCard told them to cancel my card. I assume this is related to the Hyatt breach as it's the card I used at one of the hotels on the list.

Interestingly enough when I told my bank that I was travelling tomorrow and I needed the card they said they could replace my card on my return. Which means that they did not see an imminent problem with my card just that they were taking precautions.
Same here... 3 banks > 3 cards... master card too. But the banks (except one) has cancelled immediately and are not super confortable with the kind of fraud master card reported to them as i understood.

I'm VERY upset!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Maybe stop shouting.... 3 consecutive posts is a bit much. You can vent in one....
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just an fyi - chase cards are notorious for being fraud-prone. My southwest one got replaced twice since being opened in november (!). Has nothing to do with hyatt even remotely. In the past CSP, Fairmont and BA were all replaced at some point. I ve dealt with many many cards and tjis is chase-specific.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Maybe stop shouting.... 3 consecutive posts is a bit much. You can vent in one....
3 cards in Fraud because of them >> 3 messages. )))
Sorry, you are right, could be one single post.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
Just an fyi - chase cards are notorious for being fraud-prone. My southwest one got replaced twice since being opened in november (!). Has nothing to do with hyatt even remotely. In the past CSP, Fairmont and BA were all replaced at some point. I ve dealt with many many cards and tjis is chase-specific.
O_o... I have 4 Chase CCs (some 10+ years) that I use on a daily basis and never had my CC stolen (*knock on wood*). I would check my computer for malware or something.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I have 4 Chase CCs (some 10+ years) that I use on a daily basis and never had my CC stolen (*knock on wood*).
Chase had two admitted major hacks in 2014. Our Hyatt cards were compromised in both. We, not Chase, caught them at the trial balloon level watching the statement.

I would check my computer for malware or something.
Always a good idea.

Last edited by jayer; Feb 16, 2016 at 5:29 pm
Old Feb 16, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jayer
Chase had two admitted major hacks in 2014. ..
This is more than just some general hack - my WN card was opend in nov 2015 and the first fraud occurred after 2 or 3 purchases (the kind that are unlikely to lead to theft iirc). This appears to be some sort of inside job within chase.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:32 pm

So, as my thread as been closed... for vague reasons. I CC here :

I want to share my experience and interesting in others and see if someone else is in the same situation.

I have 3 cards cancelled by mastercard because of Hyatt unacceptable weak security regarding protection of our personal data.

And guess what : their partner CSID has NEVER seen that those cards are on fraud, they are still "all green" (= everything fine, you can sleep without worrying) but mastercard has sent an alert message to my banks and they have canceled the cards because of "a high security problem".

If you have entered your data in CSID, don't trust this tool from my personal experience(even if they sound to be a leader on the market) but be very aware and check your bank statement. IMO best solution is to change your cards if you have ever stayed at hyatt regarding the way they have manage this serious issue.

No trust anymore.

If same experience PM me.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I had CSID (and believe I still do) due to a different breach. If CSID is the leader, then any upstart should have little trouble displacing it.

CSID sent many cryptic email messages. I used to call to ask what the incomprehensible phrasing meant, and the phone watch would not give anything meaningful. More recently, I have received fewer messages. It makes me wonder if CSID stopped sending the messages because they were meaningless and I called to ask for explanations.

I suppose it's better than nothing, but I'm not certain of that and I sure wouldn't pay any of my money for the service.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by serpens
I had CSID (and believe I still do) due to a different breach. If CSID is the leader, then any upstart should have little trouble displacing it.

CSID sent many cryptic email messages. I used to call to ask what the incomprehensible phrasing meant, and the phone watch would not give anything meaningful. More recently, I have received fewer messages. It makes me wonder if CSID stopped sending the messages because they were meaningless and I called to ask for explanations.

I suppose it's better than nothing, but I'm not certain of that and I sure wouldn't pay any of my money for the service.
Me neither for sure i would not pay for that (and now it's think it's not better than nothing, it's just used by hyatt to cover their ...)... my cards has been put in fraud and cancelled by mastercard and if i check my CSID account i got : the green ticker and "Good news! You have no alerts at this time.". Joke
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:18 am
Suspended

Get a load of the CSID disclaimer:

Information for this report is obtained from criminal activities monitored on the Internet. Due to the nature of this data, the exchange platforms, and the fact that it was obtained from criminals, CSID cannot guarantee the accuracy of the reports provided. Please reference the Terms and Conditions for additional information.

This is actually insulting. It is nothing more than a CYA maneuver for sure.

Good news! You have no alerts at this time. Check back for updated alerts and information.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Get a load of the CSID disclaimer:

Information for this report is obtained from criminal activities monitored on the Internet. Due to the nature of this data, the exchange platforms, and the fact that it was obtained from criminals, CSID cannot guarantee the accuracy of the reports provided. Please reference the Terms and Conditions for additional information.

This is actually insulting. It is nothing more than a CYA maneuver for sure.

Good news! You have no alerts at this time. Check back for updated alerts and information.
It's what i was saying, useless and totally a shame that Hyatt does not take it responsibilities and protect itself by answering : "we did it right, we got this tool". ........ if you ask me.

If anyone has suffer consequences from the lake of security from Hyatt regarding our personnal data : contact me in PM, we are thinking about a class action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.