Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Payment Card Incident Investigation Complete

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Payment Card Incident Investigation Complete

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That might at least get someone withing Hyatt intersted... it looks more like a nuicance to THEM instead of their customers now. They really are performing sub par at the moment...
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I just received a call from my bank saying that MasterCard had inform them of a potential fraud problem. I asked them if it was related to Hyatt and they said that the investigation is continuing and they don't have details where the breach was but that MasterCard told them to cancel my card. I assume this is related to the Hyatt breach as it's the card I used at one of the hotels on the list.

Interestingly enough when I told my bank that I was travelling tomorrow and I needed the card they said they could replace my card on my return. Which means that they did not see an imminent problem with my card just that they were taking precautions.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:02 am
Suspended

Hyatt hacked - data breach

The list of affected Hyatt locations and respective at-risk dates is available here:

http://www.hyatt.com/protectingourcustomers/hotellist/

Last edited by BillyBaloney; Jan 18, 2016 at 9:57 am
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:46 am

Is the breach date for stays or for when credit card info was entered on Hyatt’s website? I booked a night at an affected hotel for my dad using my credit card, and then he used his own credit card upon check-in. Both booking and stay dates are in that window. Are both are cards compromised?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:50 am
Suspended

I'm not sure anyone can answer that, even Hyatt. They seem to be lost. I've been unable to access my account for weeks and weeks, and then finally was able to get back in come early January.

They have a trained team of professionals - Larry, Moe, and Curly, who keep resetting my password without my asking them to do this. Thus, I get locked out of my account now on a biweekly basis. All they know how to do is to reset your password. Nothing more.

It was the computers used to process payments, so that leads me to believe you would have had to stay at one. But we can't really be sure.

Last edited by BillyBaloney; Jan 18, 2016 at 9:58 am
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: LH M+M
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Is the breach date for stays or for when credit card info was entered on Hyatt’s website? I booked a night at an affected hotel for my dad using my credit card, and then he used his own credit card upon check-in. Both booking and stay dates are in that window. Are both are cards compromised?
I would not bet that check-in is safe; odds are that both systems connect to the same central system. Given the period, locations/branches and all that, data has been breached centrally.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Data Breach

See original thread, here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-breach-7.html
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
It would have been nice for them to send emails to those affected. Not good!
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Bottom line: four months of abuse and another five weeks to produce a notice.
Agree. My card was compromised in December, and had only been used at Hyatt properties during the preceding 4 months so definitely part of this breach. Had to replace it while traveling - definitely an inconvenience, and cost me some Hyatt points because I couldn't use it to pay for a Hyatt stay during my travels. Not even an apology email from Hyatt - and surely they've been told by VISA who got hit. Nor did I get the CSID offer.

All told, pretty poor performance by Hyatt on this one IMO.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It would be good if the hotels (and dates) on the list where one needs to worry about having used a credit card at the front desk were listed separately.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I'm trying to figure out why it matters?
Because frankly, I never use my credit card at a Hyatt except at the front desk -- and I assume others do the same. So if the front desk was only affected at a small number of properties, that shorter list is much more relevant to me.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by dtremit
Because frankly, I never use my credit card at a Hyatt except at the front desk -- and I assume others do the same. So if the front desk was only affected at a small number of properties, that shorter list is much more relevant to me.
Same here.

I stayed at a number of the properties in question during the time period and would like this info.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:32 am
Suspended

I stayed at a bunch of the compromised properties. So far I've been OK, no unauthorized charges on my card.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes, I don't use credit cards in hotel outlets versus charging the items to my room. In my case, I even had a stay at the PH Buenos Aires where of course I gave my credit card at check in, but I paid the bill in cash to take advantage of blue market exchange rates.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
It appears my cc was used from the Hyatt data breach last week ($500 spent at a Kroger in South Carolina!). It's on a new travel card I just got 4 months ago and EXCLUSIVELY use for airline & hotel charges.

I'm really excited to deal with a replacement card while traveling, based on comments above. Oh Hyatt, you're really lucky SPG is disappearing soon or I'd be taking a time-out with you...

Last edited by moulder3; Feb 15, 2016 at 8:55 pm
Old Feb 15, 2016, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by moulder3
It appears my cc was used from the Hyatt data breach last week ($500 spent at a Kroger in South Carolina!).
Me too, I had a charge at Kroger in Georgia on the 13th for just less than $100 (not mine!). Chase did catch the charge before it was authorized and has shut down that account #.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
3 mastercard compromised because of Hyatt... they drove me crazy and they are dealing with this problem very slowly ... SHAME ON THEM SINCE NOVEMBER.

WAAAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEE UP HYATT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.