Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

GPGIFT15 - 10% off Hyatt gift cards (and certificates?) if buy by 24 Dec 15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GPGIFT15 - 10% off Hyatt gift cards (and certificates?) if buy by 24 Dec 15

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, AA Exec Plat
Does anyone know how these purchases code with Chase--i.e., do they code as Hyatt purchases? I purchase Fairmont gift cards through their promotions, and those do not count for the 3x Fairmont points with the Fairmont Chase card. I don't have an Amex business card and I'm trying to decide which card to use.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by PandaPal
Does anyone know how these purchases code with Chase--i.e., do they code as Hyatt purchases? I purchase Fairmont gift cards through their promotions, and those do not count for the 3x Fairmont points with the Fairmont Chase card. I don't have an Amex business card and I'm trying to decide which card to use.
Yes they do and you will get 3x Hyatt points with the Hyatt Chase card.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
how long does it take for the 5% open savings to post?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:10 pm

Posting time for open rebate

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
how long does it take for the 5% open savings to post?
Purchased gift certs 11/24; Open savings posted 11/26.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, AA Exec Plat
Ugh. I ran into the same problem with the savings not being reflected on my purchase--but it persisted on to the final page. I give up
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Cardcash.com has 86 (Hyatt $25) e-GCs available at 11.45% discount. By using the code ALL4OFF by Dec. 27 or 28, the discount becomes 15%. They also have just ONE $2000 code & ONE physical $1000 card at the same discount. All of which are subject to the above caveats about fraud . Also, only normal points from your credit card--no 3x, no 5%.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DCAGUY
Purchased gift certs 11/24; Open savings posted 11/26.
I purchased mine on 12/16 and the discount have not posted yet (12/24)

How did the transaction of the purchase showed in the account?

Mine is: HYATT GIFT CERTIFICAOMAHA NE
Old Dec 25, 2015, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
I purchased mine on 12/16 and the discount have not posted yet (12/24)

How did the transaction of the purchase showed in the account?

Mine is: HYATT GIFT CERTIFICAOMAHA NE
Just posted today (25)
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Seems like I just missed this boat. Any other Hyatt GC promos going on? Would like to get in this week to maximize OPEN savings.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:09 am
Original Poster

the egift card security is embarrassingly bad. had my egift card value stolen last year and again this year. each time, it took a day or so for Hyatt to sort it out and reissue the gift cards.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I have just successfully spent all my Hyatt e-GC's at Andaz Savannah without a problem. So I start 2016 fresh !
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Anyone know if there are any discount/promo codes for this year?

And also agree that Hyatt's e-gc system security is terrible. I bought $1k last year with the 10% discount and went to use it but decided to check the balance before checking out and my never used GC was USED!!! I am just glad they reissued me a new one, but took them a week.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Anyone know if there are any discount/promo codes for this year?

And also agree that Hyatt's e-gc system security is terrible. I bought $1k last year with the 10% discount and went to use it but decided to check the balance before checking out and my never used GC was USED!!! I am just glad they reissued me a new one, but took them a week.
They have run this promo the last 2 years between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
There was one code though that worked pretty much all of last year. I tried to reuse it this year but of course they ended it. They also did not create a 2016 version. This would have been useful to me especially since Amex Open Savings removed Hyatt from their list.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Is the PH Maldives a good place to use these? From what I understand, everything is charged in US dollars anyways. Do employees there know how to use them?
Assuming you mean gift checks, then Yes, easy to use and no forex penalty.
Gift cards are not accepted there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.