Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Thanks for the data points @benosufan. It's odd that for the room upgrade it's quoted per person rather than the normal per room.... are you sleeping more per person or something?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, WN A-List
I would try to get the club tower for the view. The Dolphin view rooms are way overrated based on our visit this week. We booked an Ocean Front King for $75 more per night after originally booking a resort view and got upgraded to the club tower when we arrived as Platinum/Discoverist as of this trip
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by aselvy
I would try to get the club tower for the view. The Dolphin view rooms are way overrated based on our visit this week. We booked an Ocean Front King for $75 more per night after originally booking a resort view and got upgraded to the club tower when we arrived as Platinum/Discoverist as of this trip
When you say club tower are you referring to the turquoise adults only tower? Just wondering because I was quoted a $100/night for an upgrade to them about a month ago for my upcoming stay.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by creditcardgeek
When you say club tower are you referring to the turquoise adults only tower?....
Ziva Cancun has three towers: Pyramid, Club and Turquoise.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:47 am

Does anyone have any experience getting upgraded as discoverist/platinum for award booking?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Ali Taheri
Does anyone have any experience getting upgraded as discoverist/platinum for award booking?
I am here right now and this is my experience

I had 6 free nights across 3 credit cards and booked last year for 2 adults and one child. I had to call several times but was able to book our child with no extra charge. I emailed the manager a week before asking about upgrade and he said he couldn't do anything ahead of time. I am platinum -whatever that is now. Upon checkin for no charge they gave us an upgrade to ocean front room which they said is a 3 class upgrade. It is sweet-ocean right outside your window.

Place is great- better than zilara in my opinion.

Last edited by trey; Apr 4, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by Ali Taheri
I'm Discoverist, and have stayed here 4 separate times on paid stays since it's opened, always booked Club room and have never been upgraded. My Hyatt status is always acknowledged, and at check in I'm generally presented with the option of an upgrade* at 'a price'. That price usually starts out at $100 per night and as I decline, goes down to around $60-70 per night (this would be an upgrade to the Turquoize Tower). I travel solo and the price is based on one person for the upgrade. Thus I don't think your chances of an upgrade on an award booking are very good. But others may have had different experiences.
(*FYI, I've never been offered any type of upgrade within the Club Tower due to status, but always received the general room I've paid for.)

Last edited by mauld; Apr 7, 2017 at 6:54 am
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by trey
I am here right now and this is my experience

I had 6 free nights across 3 credit cards and booked last year for 2 adults and one child. I had to call several times but was able to book our child with no extra charge. I emailed the manager a week before asking about upgrade and he said he couldn't do anything ahead of time. I am platinum -whatever that is now. Upon checkin for no charge they gave us an upgrade to ocean front room which they said is a 3 class upgrade. It is sweet-ocean right outside your window.

Place is great- better than zilara in my opinion.
I made one phone call and was able to book our 2 kids and a baby at no charge for four Hyatt CC free nights certificates. We added 3 more nights using points that I transferred from Chase to Hyatt. Obviously had to use extra points for the 2 older kids per night. The only available room using points was the standard resort view room. Through email they offered me the upgrade to Ocean view after telling them me and my wife were both platinum/discoverists. We go in July this year so hopefully it is a great experience.

One question, did you notice them having high chairs available? I've read reviews that said they didn't have high chairs which I thought was very odd for a family resort. I emailed Concierge at the hotel and they assured me there are high chairs available.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 11:13 am

I was there in February and they have high chairs at all the restaurants.

Originally Posted by benosufan
I made one phone call and was able to book our 2 kids and a baby at no charge for four Hyatt CC free nights certificates. We added 3 more nights using points that I transferred from Chase to Hyatt. Obviously had to use extra points for the 2 older kids per night. The only available room using points was the standard resort view room. Through email they offered me the upgrade to Ocean view after telling them me and my wife were both platinum/discoverists. We go in July this year so hopefully it is a great experience.

One question, did you notice them having high chairs available? I've read reviews that said they didn't have high chairs which I thought was very odd for a family resort. I emailed Concierge at the hotel and they assured me there are high chairs available.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:53 pm

Anyone have a current email for the Ziva manager? I tried the one above in the thread ([email protected]), but have received no response.
Old May 22, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: leporaj
We are scheduled in a turquoise room in two weeks. I was able to figure out how to get the concierge email and get transportation arranged ... I've been trying to get them to help plan an evening meal on beach for one evening - but no success - I assume and think I've seen other people have success with this? You do this onsite with butlers?
Old May 30, 2017, 10:08 am

Was just at the Turquoise tower last week, and yes the butler would be able to arrange that for you once you get there. I'm sure there is an extra charge for a beach dinner, though. It's easy to reach the butlers, as they are usually in the Turquoise lobby or you can use the tablet in your room to contact them. Enjoy your trip! Make sure to check out the spa.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, SPG/Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I used my cc free nights and points to book a resort view room for September. If I want to get upgraded to Turquoise Tower, would it be easier/cheaper to email or just doing it there?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Upgrades

Who is the best contact to email about upgrades. There was a good contact posted here for the Zilara and upgrades. Wondering if there is something similar at the ziva. Tia
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by benosufan

I am about to do the same for my family for a trip early next year. Regarding the extra nights, did you get charged 25k +12.5k +12.5k per night? Was the point transfer from Chase to Hyatt instant? Thanks.

Last edited by asdfghjk; Jun 16, 2017 at 11:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.