Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ali Taheri
After doing extensive research and armed with knowledge, I called Hyatt to book a two night stay using my two newly awarded certificates at the Hyatt Ziva/Zilara. The first time I called, the representative was short, didn’t seem like she knew what she was doing. She stated that only “standard” rooms were available for award nights and upon

Any help would be appreciated.
I have gone thru what you had, I called to make reservation for my 2 free award nights, they told me nothing available coz only garden view is qualified for the free nights. Then I kept search the dates I want several times a day on hyatt site, until I saw garden view room available, then I called them immediately at 800.720.0051. It took me more than 3 weeks to get my 2 nights booked in December. hope this helps.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Ali Taheri
So you've had success recently booking these?
Yes- I used Hyatt Visa free nights for 4 nights next April. Booked it several months ago.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:43 am

Same - closer in DP - booked 4 nights (2 + 2 free nights from my wife and I on Hyatt CC) in September for early January (after new years week)
Old Nov 12, 2016, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Bit of a dilemma curious to hear from those who have been to Ziva.

This January, I have the option of either Ziva Cancun with no DSU (at least no Pyramid Suite showing online so I'm assuming DSU won't be usable) or Ziva Puerto Vallarta where I've already been able to apply the DSU (hot tub ocean front suite) but from emailing looks like no further upgrade available (and seems like we'd be in the older Club tower with bigger rooms but no renovations).

Ziva Cancun is slightly more expensive about $300 more total including airfare vs Ziva PVR.

Haven't been to either, girlfriend has never been to Mexico period, and I went to Cancun a few years ago but we stayed down in Playa del Carmen

Last edited by Duke787; Nov 12, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Duke787
Bit of a dilemma curious to hear from those who have been to Ziva.

This January, I have the option of either Ziva Cancun with no DSU (at least no Pyramid Suite showing online so I'm assuming DSU won't be usable) or Ziva Puerto Vallarta where I've already been able to apply the DSU (hot tub ocean front suite) but from emailing looks like no further upgrade available (and seems like we'd be in the older Club tower with bigger rooms but no renovations).

Ziva Cancun is slightly more expensive about $300 more total including airfare vs Ziva PVR.

Haven't been to either, girlfriend has never been to Mexico period, and I went to Cancun a few years ago but we stayed down in Playa del Carmen
We haven't been to Ziva Cancun yet, but my wife and I went to Ziva PVR in April. We stayed in the hot tub suite in the old building. The room and building didn't seem old to us at all. The view was great, the room was larger than the rooms at Zilara Cancun and Zilara Montego Bay. We basically liked everything about it. The place seemed kind of boring and night compared to Zilara Cancun or Zilara Montego Bay, but that's not something we really care about.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Debating between the Zilara/Ziva for my wife and I.

We are trying to rank pools, atmosphere, beach/ocean, room type, and restaurants be our factors for deciding.

No upgrades available at either, so it would be standard rooms at both if that helps.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mariobey
Debating between the Zilara/Ziva for my wife and I.

We are trying to rank pools, atmosphere, beach/ocean, room type, and restaurants be our factors for deciding.

No upgrades available at either, so it would be standard rooms at both if that helps.
Haven't been to Ziva but the room at Zilara will be an ocean view, I don't believe the standard room at Ziva is.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:09 am

We are planning for 4 nights at Ziva Cancun next summer. I have two free hyatt nights which includes all inclusive for 4 (myself, wife and kids 5 and 7), but i only have 50k hyatt points for two nights for two (myself and wife).

I plan to add the kids also once I accumulate more points, but Is it possible for the kids to be at the resort without anyone questioning why are they there if I dont get enough points? I would think without a bracelet system, how would they know who is suppose to be there or not? Anyone who has been knows how they keep track? Thanks.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by UltimateRewards
We are planning for 4 nights at Ziva Cancun next summer. I have two free hyatt nights which includes all inclusive for 4 (myself, wife and kids 5 and 7), but i only have 50k hyatt points for two nights for two (myself and wife).

I plan to add the kids also once I accumulate more points, but Is it possible for the kids to be at the resort without anyone questioning why are they there if I dont get enough points? I would think without a bracelet system, how would they know who is suppose to be there or not? Anyone who has been knows how they keep track? Thanks.
If you didn't plan on feeding the kids, you'd probably be OK...

They do not check anyone entering the resort, so in theory, you could sneak them in after checking in to the room.

Anytime you check in at a restaurant, they ask your room number and name. I am assuming when they check the list, it shows how many people are in the room and if you have 2 kids at the restaurant and not on the room, they may ask. You may get away with it, my assumption here is that the room list shows the number of guests and/or kids.

Also, going to assume they check the room numbers if you ever want to drop them off for any of the kids activities, but did not use the club when we were there.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriot Silver
i just booked 4 nights in Jan. I was able to use the DSU for a pyramid suite. as a diamond will they allow me to stay kn the turquoize tower instead f the Pyramid suite. I am going with my GF. Also if staying in Pyramid suite can I use the turquoize tower facilities? There was not many definitive answers I found on here at least.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by rckcmp
i just booked 4 nights in Jan. I was able to use the DSU for a pyramid suite. as a diamond will they allow me to stay kn the turquoize tower instead f the Pyramid suite. I am going with my GF. Also if staying in Pyramid suite can I use the turquoize tower facilities? There was not many definitive answers I found on here at least.
I had similar setup: used addl points to lock in Pyramid suite for mid March 2017 stay, but then contacted Ziva re Turquoise tower upgrade. They said only way to guarantee getting in there was to pay an additional $100 night. Did include airport transfers though. I'm still deciding what I will do. Also considering Grand Hyatt Playa.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 3:26 pm

Anyone have an email contact for the property?
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Anyone have an email contact for the property?
THELMA CHAGRA
Asistente Administrativo de Gerencia General
Administrative Assistant to the General Manager

HYATT ZIVA CANCÚN
Blvd. Kukulcan, Manzana 51, Lote 9
Punta Cancun, S/N, Zona Hotelera
77504 Cancún, Quintana Roo
Mexico
Tel 52+ (998) 8 48 7001
[email protected]
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
Haven't been to Ziva but the room at Zilara will be an ocean view, I don't believe the standard room at Ziva is.
I was just at the Ziva Cancun, and I think every room has some sort of water view.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by mstrbldr
I had similar setup: used addl points to lock in Pyramid suite for mid March 2017 stay, but then contacted Ziva re Turquoise tower upgrade. They said only way to guarantee getting in there was to pay an additional $100 night. Did include airport transfers though. I'm still deciding what I will do. Also considering Grand Hyatt Playa.
Were you booking with points or with the free nights from the chase card? I was able to book two free nights with garden view at the pyramid, and was wondering if I can use points or pay for upgrade to suites or somewhere in turquoise. I'm only platinum member though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.