Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Ziva Cancun - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:39 pm

I heard the food at baha mar was mediocre and cost an arm and a leg. Like $90 lunches and $250 dinners. How was food at the Grand Club and is it even open during covid?
Old Apr 24, 2021, 8:53 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Morpheus4356
I heard the food at baha mar was mediocre and cost an arm and a leg. Like $90 lunches and $250 dinners. How was food at the Grand Club and is it even open during covid?
Our stays were pre-covid at both places. I can't speak for the general food situation at GH Baha Mar since we did not eat much there. I would not say the GC is the best, but it was excellent. Staff was very nice too.

At Ziva, there were plenty to choose. But when everything is free, quality suffers. Same thing with drinks there. We stayed there for two nights and that was the most I'd recommend. And we stayed at GH Baha Mar for 5 nights.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:26 pm

What is the current Gobalist benefits at Ziva Cancun?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:33 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Rusikusa
What is the current Gobalist benefits at Ziva Cancun?
The only thing you can expect is room upgrade. But I do not think you can use a TSU. Club/lounge does not apply.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
The only thing you can expect is room upgrade. But I do not think you can use a TSU. Club/lounge does not apply.
You can definitely use a TSU and access to the lounge isn't restricted
Old May 8, 2021, 7:49 am

Using point for a fam of 4

When I choose 2 adults 2 children, for some reason Ziva disappears as an option for points. Any idea why? Am Globalist if that matters
Old May 8, 2021, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by teege
When I choose 2 adults 2 children, for some reason Ziva disappears as an option for points. Any idea why? Am Globalist if that matters
25k points per night is for 2 adults only. You can call the hotel to add your two kids to the room for additional cost. I think it is 12.5k points or $220 per additional person. Depending on the ages of your kids, it may be better just to book another room.
levilevi likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
25k points per night is for 2 adults only. You can call the hotel to add your two kids to the room for additional cost. I think it is 12.5k points or $220 per additional person. Depending on the ages of your kids, it may be better just to book another room.
I think it’s pretty much always better to just book a second room in that situation. Even if they’re young kids, for the same price you have a chill out / shower / nap room. And if they’re older kids then you everyone gets a little more privacy.
Old May 8, 2021, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I think it’s pretty much always better to just book a second room in that situation. Even if they’re young kids, for the same price you have a chill out / shower / nap room. And if they’re older kids then you everyone gets a little more privacy.
I forgot to mention that it will cost less($110?) for younger kids, 4->12. You will save some money if you have younger kids and willing to stay in the same room.
Old May 11, 2021, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
I forgot to mention that it will cost less($110?) for younger kids, 4->12. You will save some money if you have younger kids and willing to stay in the same room.
Can you do this when you arrive for check-in or do you need to call in advance? As of now I booked award nights for two adults and was going to pay the cash rate for my two young kids and all stay in the same room.
Old May 11, 2021, 2:23 pm

i've paid at check in 3 times
Old May 11, 2021, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by gellmania
Can you do this when you arrive for check-in or do you need to call in advance? As of now I booked award nights for two adults and was going to pay the cash rate for my two young kids and all stay in the same room.
As levilevi said, you can pay at check-in. But I would suggest to call/email to confirm the price with them before you arrive.
Old May 22, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Does the hotel care if I book a hotel with my points for two other family members but don’t show up? I assume I can just add them to the reservation?
Old May 22, 2021, 9:44 pm

Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt Ziva recently? I heard there is an outbreak of C19 in the Cancun area after Easter/Spring break. How's the occupancy?
Old May 23, 2021, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by pregabalin
Does the hotel care if I book a hotel with my points for two other family members but don’t show up? I assume I can just add them to the reservation?
If you aren't going I don't understand why you don't book in their name?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.