Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Kuwait REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Kuwait REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
from the pictures, it can be rebranded as a Park Hyatt indeed.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 3:23 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Have booked a 4 night stay here for the end of the month and wondering about any feedback about this hotel?

Tourist trip so a bit concerned how far away from the city centre this is - I assume taxis etc are plentiful?
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:24 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Currently at this hotel and to be polite would describe it as a mixed bag.

Despite being on the most freeloading of freeloading rates (off peak points booking) was upgraded to the "standard"suite which is a specutular suite. Massive, comfortable, stylish design it has to be one of the best non resort standards suite in the Hyatt system. Great bathroom, expansive views, fruit platters, daily sweets, large Le Labo Bergamote toiletries, copious bottles of evian.. It is a fantastic room. The public areas and pool and gym are also very nice.

However when you leave the suite everything falls apart - the service at this hotel is so bad at every level that it becomes comical. Should have been wary when some pre-stay emails were ignored. Also I replied to the pre stay email with a question and never heard back.

The actual stay started with me being left waiting for the hotel car for 45 minutes and never really recovered from that. The bulk of interaction with staff often leaves me annoyed, bemused and confused.

Due to Ramadan and low occupancy the Club Lounge is closed - through the closed door it looks like a nice space. Restuarants are closed during the day so Golailist Breakfast is through room service. It is abnormally hard and complex to order as nobody really understands how it works. Basically it is a set menu which is the Sahur meal by the hotel and it is quite a spread. Without being ungrateful after a couple of days it becomes a bit much and I wish you could just order something quick and easy like oats/porridge or an omelette, the Sahur is great for someone about to fast for 14 hours but for a lazy westerner it would be nice to have a quick breakfast option.

Also tried to order a night-time meal from room service the answer was "No, I'll call you back" - which they never did which was no surprise.

One exception the service from the house-keeping guys is great and they can actually give you an anwser to any quick question.

I guess it depends where you need to be, but for me location is pretty poor and the costs of ride share add up quite quickly,

Old Oct 28, 2023, 8:12 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Update: the hotel has, for several months now, made the curious decision to requisition the Grand Club as a meeting space that can be rented out for events, and has relegated club access guests to Saheel Lounge in the lobby. Globs and other guests in club rooms and suites get breakfast at 'Stambul [as before], but can now get all-day coffee, juices and waters by order from the lounge team, as well as platters of canapés between 6 and 8 PM. To make things more confusing, the Grand Club is still labeled as the Grand Club, and generally sits empty between events.

I think it's a shame that the club lounge proper has been pulled from use, and club access guests now have to sit in the lobby. Granted, the lobby is beautiful and service is excellent, but the exclusivity, relaxed nature and outdoor terrace within the space made it a unique proposition.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.