Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt iOS app

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2015, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt iOS app

I've been really impressed by the Hilton and SPG apps. Both are beautifully designed and have great features. Why can't Hyatt step up their game? The mobile app is slow, poorly designed non-native app with limited features.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by sedubby
I've been really impressed by the Hilton and SPG apps. Both are beautifully designed and have great features. Why can't Hyatt step up their game? The mobile app is slow, poorly designed non-native app with limited features.

What is a "non-native app"? Are you accessing it from your web browser or from the app store?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The Hyatt App for iPhone has been updated with a new appearance and seems to be much faster.

Not sure I love the layout but hopefully it is more reliable and maintains its speed.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 12:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The speed improvements are nice..... but I'm undecided about the appearance as well.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
I'm very happy with the new Hyatt app.

Displaying in native resolution now on my iPhone 6S, an issue since upgrading from the 5S for this and other apps.

Scrolling calendar is long overdue, as is being able to see room type for each reservation.

Would be great if you could have a corporate code associated with your account so it searches automatically, a feature SPG has with their SET codes.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I’ve now had the same thing happen twice with the app where i wind up with a reservation for the night i am fiddling around with the app, not the date i want to stay at the property. I dont know the exact steps for reproduction but its usually in a city with a number of properties and i am looking from one to the next property and then carelessly hitting “book”. It seems like the app has a hard coded date default that is “tonight” and if you go back and forth in your search you can wind up resetting the date from what you put in to the current night. It’s clunky and not at all the behavior i would expect. Anyway, took me an hour to get my Jan 31 mistake moved to tonight. Anyone else caught by this?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I had to stay in a Hilton a few months ago and I must admit that their app is way ahead in the game, in terms of cool features. One of them being the ability to unlock your door from your phone as you are stepping out of the elevator.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:03 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by walterD
I had to stay in a Hilton a few months ago and I must admit that their app is way ahead in the game, in terms of cool features. One of them being the ability to unlock your door from your phone as you are stepping out of the elevator.
Grand Hyatt San Francisco is testing something similar to my knowledge, with some very frequent guests. but these test have been going on for about 2 years I'd assume... not sure if this would be rolled out to other guests and hotels soon?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:53 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by walterD
Several Hyatt properties have this feature, including the HR near Bellevulle WA (i.e. close to Microsoft headquarters).
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
In one news article I read that the Hyatt app was supposed to link iPhones to in room televisions so that Netflix and other subscribed content could be viewed on the TV. I thought I had this ability using the StayConnect app at the Grand Hyatt Washington but it appears to have been removed.

Edit Update: Good news. The most recent Hyatt app release includes television connectivity on the sidebar options. Works for about 12+ hotels with more promised for the future.

Last edited by edsh; Feb 10, 2018 at 3:15 pm
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by edsh
In one news article I read that the Hyatt app was supposed to link iPhones to in room televisions so that Netflix and other subscribed content could be viewed on the TV. I thought I had this ability using the StayConnect app at the Grand Hyatt Washington but it appears to have been removed.
I used it at the HR Bonita Springs a couple weeks ago. It was really neat to be able to connect to the tv via Chromecast from my phone. Really helpful for Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, etc. But again, YOU already have to have paid for the content to cast.

A couple of caveats:
- It has nothing to do with the Hyatt app.
- A phone can only be linked to one TV at a time (ie our suite had two TVs, so I couldn't connect to bedroom TV and also send something to the suite room TV).
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Past week I've been getting the message "We are unable to retrieve your latest reservation info" on the top of the app. As well, if I try to cancel a reservation I get an error saying something like "we are unable to cancel your reservation."

Anyone else getting this?
Old Mar 13, 2018, 9:55 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Past week I've been getting the message "We are unable to retrieve your latest reservation info" on the top of the app. As well, if I try to cancel a reservation I get an error saying something like "we are unable to cancel your reservation."

Anyone else getting this?
When the app lists the reservations, there's a place (within that listing) to cancel the rez. AFAIK we have _never_ been able to cancel from that link. But if you bring up the individual reservation, then that second screen (with the individual rez) has a Cancel button which works.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Hyatt was not able to fix the way their "World of Hyatt" logo and my membership number overlap on their membership card that you can save in your wallet in the past 12 months. Neither on my iPhone 5SE nor on my iPhone 8 does the membership card display correctly. Must be a complete lack of dedication on the corporate side...
Coathanger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.